Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900629 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's what I'm hearing too, especially west of the Missouri, where it was drier to start with. Have seen several saying on ag Twitter that it will give them a chance to plant something but will need rainfall to make it a harvestable crop. I was a little surprised there wasn't more moisture in this last snow pack than what there was.

https://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nsa/

https://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/

https://t.co/gaVOUSJWU5

« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 10:55:55 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Rancher near Minot,told me heavy wet slushy snow to begin with,last night temps dropped,he claims they need more moisture,so far 10-12" of cold dry powder snow=1" of moisture,up side ground was thawed before the storm,so it's sponging up all the moisture as it melts.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that last one Dotch was a zipper!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Not quite as impressive as the one of the derecho & lightning strikes as it came out of IA a couple years ago but still an amazing expansion of a system in a short period of time. When we came in from chores the other night it had cooled off enough that I wondered if it was going to miss us entirely. The lambs were running and hopping as if they were possessed.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Not quite as impressive as the one of the derecho & lightning strikes as it came out of IA a couple years ago but still an amazing expansion of a system in a short period of time. When we came in from chores the other night it had cooled off enough that I wondered if it was going to miss us entirely. The lambs were running and hopping as if they were possessed.  :scratch:

maybe it's the full moon coming up!!   :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's right! No telling what glenn might do or more likely Shadow... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 11:37:13 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
That's right! No telling what glenn might do or more likely Shadow... :rotflmao:
:pouty: :pouty: i can see while i was hard at work, my name was used in vain again!!!!!! :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

afternoon fellers...think i'm finally beating this head cold.......i almost feel human today!!!! i'm running extremely low on pickled fish, best get another batch cooking............should last me till i get more!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good lord this wind and sideways snow is insane!! Coming down 35 everyone was snaking all over the lanes. The upside, they say by end of next week we'll be close to average..  :bonk: oh ya, the last 2 years the garden was tilled on April 22..
« Last Edit: April 04/14/22, 03:46:33 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It appears to me that this wrap around effect worked as a centrifuge and pushed the snow and rain away from us.  Some wind here but no big deal.  The ground barely got white here.  I hope I didn't just jinx us. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Cold after that Low went through. 13 above this morning. Couple cold days ahead before another snow event on Easter.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Agreed Ken,a might nippy out the door,just enough lite snow on the warm streets to keep ya on your toe's driving the north metro,all clear once in the cities.

keep warm and happy easter.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  15 here right now.  Spring is losing the battle.  I will have to start a fire in the garage this morning to just keep things warm.  Will fill the bird feeder too.  Not going to do much else today other than stay comfortable.  There is a bright side to this though.  The dogs don't come in muddy.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/22, 06:48:52 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got 14 here and windy yet..   might se 29 today..  and Ken is right, they are talking maybe 2 to 3 inches of snow..  oh yea...  some of the snow from yesterday did melt away but still plenty out there..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I'm doing today, too crappy to be outside. May have to clean out another corner of the basement and see what treasures I find today. Having Easter here tomorrow, ham and cheesy tators. More coffee  :coffee:, later....... :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here also and only going to make 23 today. We didn't get blasted but everything is white here. Sad part LPS is now you get to do the muddy thing all over again. The kid is still stuck out in Montana. Hopefully they can get rolling today. He is going insane sitting in his semi he says. Just going to be a movie day here today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it's a balmy 26* here & 43* will be the high, I'm hearin. Gusts to ~ 50 mph here yday but Mason City hit 60. :crazy: Got a little runnin to do today but that's 'bout it. Hopin your Good Friday's is a really good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
18 degrees ABOVE zero here in International Falls. High of 25 they say with 17 mph winds. That wind will knock the snow off the pine tree branches. Birds & squirrels are feasting this morning. I don't know if they are hungry from past days or they know something is coming that I don't know about.

Trip down to the cities on Easter Sunday, dinner with sister, brother and a cousin. We are going to Tinuccis in Cottage Grove. Not looking forward to the drive but the meal should be good.

Just think of sitting in that semi for days not moving prior to cell phones, TV's & a good heater!

Stay safe & have a Good Friday.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..what is this....... about the 6th time it snowed on the robins?????/ :confused: :pouty: :crazy: :crazy:

i'll have to think of something to occupy my time today.......... :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez dutchy,long haul for a meal,last time I had dinner at tinuccis...it was a darn good buffet type meal,they do a good job,plus family is a plus.

Sounds like a easter evening snow,safe trip to and from.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 30's. A trace of snow and the dreaded graupel in the gauges at the ranch & in Bugtussle. Played initials, got my weather & BCW data submitted, payroll done & now I need to make a run to the bank & PO. Then my brother is supposed to show up so we can terrorize south central MN. Plans are to have a little lunch, make a butter run, grab some feed, and talk smart so look out!  :shocked:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a fun day Dotch.  Say hi to the brother.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is the first thing that I thought of when I saw the picture too.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :doah: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: oh the abuse!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Bach'n it thia weekend! Gona have a fish fry this sat. For the kiddos
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bach'n it thia weekend! Gona have a fish fry this sat. For the kiddos
:happy1: sounds like a good time!!!

They bringing the fish!!! :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Good one Glenn.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is one pic not to be proud of Glenn!!  :rotflmao:  Afternoon peoples , another stressful week in the books, it's amazing what us union guys put up with. Got word today the cabin lake is ice free, crazy what a stiff breeze and some rain will do. This mornings drive in was pretty slick around these parts but got to Bloomington and nuttin on the roads.  Well I'm in the mood for a mixer then maybe see what that box of Busch lite is up to....See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is one pic not to be proud of Glenn!!  :rotflmao:  Afternoon peoples , another stressful week in the books, it's amazing what us union guys put up with. Got word today the cabin lake is ice free, crazy what a stiff breeze and some rain will do. This mornings drive in was pretty slick around these parts but got to Bloomington and nuttin on the roads.  Well I'm in the mood for a mixer then maybe see what that box of Busch lite is up to....See ya!!!
:tut: :tut: yea wonder how he got that picture...... :confused:

but under them costumes where REAL playboy bunnies!!!!!!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: