Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902277 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........looks like an outside kinda day!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: made arrangements to get the boat out of storage on thursday! :happy1: gonna need it to bring all the goodies i got up to the cabin whenever this weather decides to straighten out!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

am i seeing the forecast correctly?????? about 70 saturday????/
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutch.  I keep my boat on the downriver side of the dock which works good on calm days.  When the west wind kicks up it is way more powerful than the current. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........looks like an outside kinda day!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: made arrangements to get the boat out of storage on thursday! :happy1: gonna need it to bring all the goodies i got up to the cabin whenever this weather decides to straighten out!!!!! :pouty: :confused:

am i seeing the forecast correctly?????? about 70 saturday????/

saying maybe 68 here Saturday..    :happy1:  but then cooler temps again..   :pouty:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dutch.  I keep my boat on the downriver side of the dock which works good on calm days.  When the west wind kicks up it is way more powerful than the current.

This might be more money than you want to spend but....

I bought a bunch of those rectangular bumpers, I think they are 18" long and about 4" wide I would guess. When I was on the Ash River I screwed them right to my dock so the whole dock had a pad along side it. You can leave a small gap between the bumpers also. I also docked so the currant pulled the boat away but every so often the wind was a issue. Instead of screwing them to your dock you could zip tie them to see what you think. There are grommets on each end so the screw heads would never get near the hull.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just informed trout stocking has been moved to Friday. Oh well. Maybe keep a couple of them to toss in glenns bathtub to see if he can catch a fish. Mike and boar wanted to know. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The bathtub would kind of be like a spear hole, so maybe that would work for him. Can he set up a decoy or two so that Trout isn't moving?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: do i need a trout stamp though???????? :scratch: :scratch: :mooning:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: do i need a trout stamp though???????? :scratch: :scratch: :mooning:

only if it's a designated trout stream!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did buy some of the 3' long vinyl bumpers.  They go vertical and you can adjust them so they hit your gunwales when the boat pushes up against the dock.  Still put the white bumpers to just in case.  They may help. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a great idea!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-40's. Nice to see a glimpse of the sun before clouding up and rain sets in tomorrow. Otherwise, copy written, edited and proofed on one article and waiting to see if NOAA updates their 90 day outlook for another one. Not holding my breath. Likely be out just after print deadline if it works like normal. They really blew the 30 day. Their 8 - 14 day outlook is more reliable. Prolly should head home at lunchtime to put out an armyworm pheromone trap and replace the bottom on the cutworm trap. It's supposed to warm up and that may trigger some moth activity if it drags any gulf moisture this direction. Ta ta!     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go Barry.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/dock-edge-dock-side-mooring-whips
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:confused: :tut: :pouty: all this darn dock talk sure isnt helping my open water thoughts up north ya know!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what I wanted JB but I haven't figured out how to attach them to my dock.  My dock is a Poly Dock so is all vinyl.  If it was wood I would have gotten those whips. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Here ya go Barry.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/dock-edge-dock-side-mooring-whips
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:confused: :tut: :pouty: all this darn dock talk sure isnt helping my open water thoughts up north ya know!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :pouty:  :tut: :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:   :nerd: :rolleyes:  :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
welp, got the yard tractor/snowblower put to bed for the summer...  one more step in spring time set up!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what I wanted JB but I haven't figured out how to attach them to my dock.  My dock is a Poly Dock so is all vinyl.  If it was wood I would have gotten those whips.
Are you able to put a plate underneath for the bolts? Are there mooring cleats on the dock now to tie too? 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes there are two cleats.  They do a heat method of putting the nuts into the vinyl.  Then bolt cleats to them.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman

If you’re spearing trout you don’t need a trout stamp. Even in a designated trout stream. Ask any game warden.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

If you’re spearing trout you don’t need a trout stamp. Even in a designated trout stream. Ask any game warden.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: so another type of roughfish!!!!!!!!  :scratch: :nerd: :nerd:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 37 and no rain yet..  it's showing on the radar all around us.  going to Alex this this morning and see where the prices of goods are today!!   so Mark, is that Spruce creek getting the fish??  got to thinking about that and that was the one I thought of...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/20/22, 07:01:12 AM by mike89 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 here and heading for 40 today. Sounds like snow on the way for us lucky folks up here today. LPS, could you use the nuts for the cleats to mount the whips? Trying to throw out different ideas since them whips really work good. Well, just another day in the salt mines. You boys have a good one.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all and for all you that celebrate 4/20 day..... ;)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I had to look that up. Lol. Me  :doofus:.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good Morning.....37 here this morning. Snow all morning today. Rain coming this weekend.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.