Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957070 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm wondering if Dutch's Little Fork busted open.  Huge chunks of ice and some logs coming down now.

I would guess that it did. It was looking like it was ready to go yesterday morning. I haven't gone to check today.

City's storm sewers were overwhelmed by the rain and snow melt. Standing water everywhere in town yesterday. They asked everyone not to use anymore water than necessary. The water was ok, they just couldn't handle the water. Can't tell if the frost went out or not, still have puddles in the driveway. They are calling for more rain later this morning. Today is CBS Sunday Morning and fishing shows. Then hope the Twins can sweep the hated Chicago White Sux this afternoon. If you are the religious sort say a little prayer for those folks in Ukraine. Putin is still laying waste to the country while the world watches.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes the rain and wind yesterday sure changed the ice on the lake here too.. way more open water..  when the wind turns to the NW it could be interesting
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 39* for our start & we may get all the way up to 41* later. We had some pea sized hail, ~ 2-3 minutes, here yday along with the morning rain. Not much PM rain though, but we did have some ground fog comin off our piles of snow with the warm temps. Seen some late afternoon sun too. It looks like there's more rain coming after lunch today too. We'll go get a paper here in the next hour or so & after that, we'll see. :scratch: Enjoy your Sunday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......sure didnt look like a chance of rain last night when i came in  :doah: but see it did rain overnight. should put the fertilizer into the lawn!!!!! also threw some in mommas flower bed  :happy1:

boat is loaded  and ready to roll!!!!!! going to help the store put up  there little garden tent tuesday, hope they do it early enough in the morning,,,,,,,i'd like to head north yet that day!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime, heading for a high in the upper 40's. At least it's windy again with 25 mph winds gusting to 38 at Owatonna. .82" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch officially with only .30" falling in Bugtussle. Also caught 11 true armyworm moths in my trap. Must've been carried in here by the system that moved thru last nite. So tired of this wind. Does no good to pick up crap in the yard as every time I do, the wind comes up and deposits a new batch. :doah: I may do some anyway. Grass is starting to green up & it makes it more difficult once it's overgrown. Oh well, could be in western ND... :whistling:

https://t.co/4wzzHQSNTq
« Last Edit: April 04/24/22, 08:35:37 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got home from Morris about 11:15 last night. Managed to win a Subway Party package and Browning trail camera. So I almost broke even on money spent. Had a couple of beers and watched the end of the basketball game. Memphis coach was fairly PO'd about the refs. Oh well. One cup of coffee and see what the day brings, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went and checked the river.  It really came up more overnight.  The dock was right by shore and now is floating of course and is 40' from shore.  It will be just fine.  The fish house was down there on shore but was in the water this morning so we pulled it up with the Ranger.  Man do I like that machine.  It weighs 1500 lbs where a wheeler is about 500 so has a lot more pulling power.  Pulled the fishhouse right up the hill to the yard here without even spinning a tire.  It is wet as heck and raining so thought I would make a big mess but looks pretty darn good.   :happy1:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Rivers flooding. Crookston looking at possible record high river flooding. East Grand Forks and Grand Forks sand bagging.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Must be terrible worrying about that every year.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hope it gets better Ken....

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents,cold dark damp with a mist out the door,33 degrees...could start spittin snow anytime,33 degrees.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 this morning and might see 32 today and more wind..  well the last 48 hours have sure changed what the lake looks like!!  lots more open water this morning..  got to go to the VA in Alex this morning for a blood draw..   checking the A1C numbers again..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here and super windy today. Heading for a high of 27 today. All the flooding is not good. The ditches are flowing good all full around here now. Otherwise not much else here, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The word of the day is water.  Lot's of it.  The river is still rising.  May have to put my 14' boat in and row out to the dock and tie a rope to it for extra security.  May also have to winch my old fishhouse which is my boat house up a ways.  I keep life jackets etc in it.  My buddy upriver called last night and wants me to help secure his dock today too.  May be a busy day.  Would like to see the levels start dropping any time now.  Youse all have a good one.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to do some banquet stuff this morning to get ready for Friday. Looks like a crappy day for the kids to shoot tonight too. Hopefully this wind opens up some lakes around here. Saturday afternoon on my way to Morris driving by Lake Oscar just West of Alex it looked like it was ready to go out. Have a great day, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's depressing.   :sad:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya and to top it all off we got a skiff of snow last night.  Better take an extra vitamin D today.  LOL

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 27* @ 1st peek & we may make 29* :scratch:. The ground is white here too & more is possible on & off all day is what our forecast says. :rolleyes: The driveway puddles were all but gone here yday early & the crocuses on the east side of the garage were just starting to pop too. :doah: Got a small project started in the garage , so I'll begin there. Have a good day. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 30 with mist & drizzle at choretime, heading for a high the mid-to-upper 30's. Some ice to scrape off the windshield on the Buick so a trace of precip at the ranch with .01" in Bugtussle. Did manage to pick up one Gator load of crap off the yard late afternoon yesterday after chores. It was the important stuff, the stuff people can see from the road. Hopefully the wind continues to mellow out so I can finish picking up the mess. Not looking promising for fieldwork this week. Still plenty of time. After all the hand wringing and whining here about how dry it was all winter, we should be thankful we have plenty of moisture now.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dotch, I always thought that it was either to dry or to wet for farmers. I didn't know there was a third option.   :smoking:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Cold and windy here this morning. Ground is white again.  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I have a flock of Robins out working a grassy spot. Maybe they are looking for sticks to build a fire? April 25th, 26 degrees. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......got my day in at the store, doc appt done.............time to start throwing things in the truck. you know important stuff.....like the beer!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao:

tomorrow help put up the greenhouse at the store.then high tale it to the northland!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Careful Glenn, that swill you call beer is mostly water and might freeze overnight.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Careful Glenn, that swill you call beer is mostly water and might freeze overnight.
:rotflmao: i'll be just fine!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been a big day here.  I saw a log hanging onto the floating dock so put the 14' boat in and rowed out to it.  There was a huge floatilla of logs that were hung up on it.  Over 100 logs.  I pulled my poles to get the dock moving and the whole floatilla headed downriver.  I pulled the dock into what is now a bay with the high water.  All safe for now.  Then I replaced the sump pump in the basement.  Our local hardware store is price gouging big time.  Have heard a lot of people mad about it.  I am now one of them.  I needed a 3' chunk of 1 1/4" pvc pipe.  They charged me $4.50 a foot for it.  I about fainted.  For ductwork they charge $16.95 for one of those 6" elbows that you can adjust.  They are $6.95 at Menards. Highway robbery.  I will be taking more trips to Menards in the future. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
River has crested at Crookston. So far so good. Fisher letting kids out of school to sandbag.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I thinks I can putz around with banquet things some today. Second oldest is bring his pickup over to see if we can get his trailer plug on the truck working. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
19 degrees and snowing in International Falls.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 25 here and hope to see 42 today... didn't see 30 yesterday here...  oh well...   got to go to Sartell today for a dental visit..   oh happy day...  at least no snow!!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1: