Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951076 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 here and the ground is white again. Supposed to get up to 33 today with sunshine. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  18 here since we are a little south of JB.  The river is really moving fast with this high water.  Still on the rise.  I heard they opened the dam at Kenora but don't know when.  Will get the horses a couple more round bales since the ground is froze.  That should get them by till the green grass shows up.  LOLOL  Who knows this year.  Will head to town for some supplies.  Will be doing a pot roast with the chucky the lady gave me for helping them move bales earlier.  One of my favorite meals.  So need carrots, celery, onions etc.  May even hit the landfill.  Will be a big day.   :sleazy:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Another cold day.....24 here this morning. Maybe 40 for a high. Ground still white.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........a balmy 28 here...........going to put up theTeals greenhouse starting at 11, say it only takes a couple hours....with Union help should be an hour!!!!!!! :happy1:

then headed to the northland!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, had 22* early & I'm not sure we'll hit 40*. :scratch: The grass has a white tint to it again this mornin. :rolleyes: Gonna start warmin up here tomorrow, mid 40's to about 50*, with a couple chances for some rain. Our best chance here looks to be Saturday. I didn't get very far with my dock project yday, so I'll at least give that a look early today. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 29 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 40's. Staying cold here too. Ground was froze on top again this a.m. Sure quieted the frogs down. :doah: Might be a good nite to pick up under the fruit trees. I see the bunnies chewed the bark off a lot of the twigs I pruned. Good thing I left the bunny guards around the hydrangea and burning bushes or they would've chewed the snot out of them too. Need to make a print deadline shortly so probably best get at it. Toodles!  😊
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it back from Sartell, I did go find a meat shop called Manea's, had some of their product a while back and was happy with it...  got about $50.00 worth of meat!!!  also got a cuban sandwich!! darn good!!!   and a reuben for later!!!   

also the Doc called and I got my A1C down to 6.5!!!  and haven't taken a pill..   just watch what I eat and stay away from lots of carbs!!!!   and the dental visit went good too!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great news Mike and those sandwiches sound great!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Them sammies are just what the dr ordered!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Them sammies are just what the dr ordered!

never had a cuban before, will have it again!!!    and reubens, what can I say!!   yummy!!!!   

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
High School Students out of school to help sandbag the Red River at Pembina. Oslo completely isolated. No roads in or out.
« Last Edit: April 04/26/22, 06:36:32 PM by KEN W »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river is up another foot here today.  Lots of big chunks of ice and logs/trees coming down river and fast with all of the current.  Here are some pics of it. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The pic showing the barn is actually the lane that I can drive down to the river on.  Where Cooper is should be dry ground and you can see where the river bank usually is.  Both docks are up where normally is dry ground. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ya you got some water there.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And I saw a report that planting is running behind this year.... :crazy:

My daffodils in the yard are up a couple inches.   No action from the forsythia

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  or I should say early morning, 74 at the moment and that's been about the low, the highs have been running about 82.   5 hour difference from home which has been a bugger to get used to, at first we were wide awake at 3am but its slowly getting better ( gonna suck coming back and do it all over again). Waikiki Beach has been jammed packed with people,  which is fine cuz lots of skin  :sleazy: . We ventured to the east side of the island today , not near the people but it was a little gloomy. Hit pearl harbor the other day, dang that is so sombering watching it over again, next time I'll pay the extra to go thru the Missouri sitting there, that woulda been cool.  Heading up to the north shore for the remainder in the morning which has some monstrous waves, should be fun. Oh yeah,  the brother was here on business so it was great to get together for dinner on the beach like we did 35 years ago as youngsters, best run... See ya!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning.....up early today. 27 here right now. Sunny today and in the 50's. Disappointing night watching the Wolves.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/22, 06:53:22 AM by KEN W »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good pic's Bobber!!!   keep having fun over there!!!   27 this morning and going for the upper 40's today...  never made it to 40 yesterday like they said it would...  going to Alex this morning to get a few things..   have a good day all!!     :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 17 here and supposed to get to 44 they claim. Nice scenery Bobber. And that is a lot of water LPS. Hoping the lake comes back up to normal levels now. More rain this weekend may bring the river up some more. I imagine you have higher water than that back in 2014 when it was at historic highs? Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a goo done boys.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
21 degrees in International Falls this morning. Not a cloud in the sky. Going to take a ride down to the Ash River this morning to see whats happening down there.

Those are some nice photo's of Hawaii, enjoy the vacation.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,chilly start but we have the sun up already that's a plus.

bobber what skin? nary a pic of skin ,but beautifull scenery,thanx for sharing.

Enjoy our last hump day of april.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes JB it is right up with what it was in 2014.  I pulled the boat right up north of the barn and that is where the 14' is now.  I wondered if the lake was up some?  Still whole trees coming down.  My neighbor fell in twice trying to protect his dock last night.  Had some friends over helping with it.  So all of the trees that have died and fallen over since 2014 along the rivers and on islands are now getting cleaned up by the river.  Will do recycling today so the dogs get to go for a ride which makes our day.  Things are drying up nicely here with the frost out.  Still have a couple big puddles but they are receding.  We are thinking camper time soon.  Need to get it out of storage. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 23* for our start & they're sayin 48* will be our top. We seen a little sun late yday after noon but I don't believe we made 40* here either yday. Still nice to see the sun again today. I did some rearranging of the boat shed yday so we have some room later on. Worked on my dock project after lunch too. Got something else to start this day with as well. Cooler & a chance of some rain tomorrow afternoon so we're going to wait to go to GR for supplies 'til then. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, hard to tell if the lake is up or not with the ice still on it. It could be up some since usually in the spring the ice is sitting on the bottom and follows the contour of the sand bars. Right now the ice seems to be flat meaning that there is enough water to float it off of the bottom. In 2014 the lake was ridiculously high. It is no where near that now.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/22, 08:53:54 AM by Jerkbiat »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok that is a big lake so takes a lot of water to fill it up. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Believe it when I see it. There was ice in the water buckets this morning in the barn & the wind is howling out of the east at 20 mph, again. :doah: It made 41 yesterday after a forecast high in the upper 40's. :scratch: Got all the crap picked up in the front yard last nite so it looks purty. The backyard is the bitch tho. Lotsa trees & too many of them ash. Makes me appreciate the hackberry and oak trees. Rumor has it someone west of town was working ground last nite with the intention of planting corn today. If they do would be taking bets on when it gets replanted. Soil is still too wet and the forecast is not for warm conditions anytime soon. A fool and their money are soon parted. 
« Last Edit: April 04/27/22, 09:23:19 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Howdy fellers.this is the fun I'm having.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That'll be gone in a month or so.   :bonk:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Howdy fellers.this is the fun I'm having.

I'm going to say Bobber is having more fun in the sun!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
How are they biting?