Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903425 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or a fire some good brandy and Highwaymen radio.   Till the wife pulled the plug on the fun and made supper. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......yep anudder awesome day on tap!!!!!!!! plan is to get my window cleaning project scratched off the honey-doo list!!!!!!1 :happy1:

i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: this afternoon!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: yep some MGL and rock-n-roll!!!!!!!!

heard from the G-man last night...plan is to till the garden tomorrow morning!!!!!!! that'll give me time to put sow  :smoking: :sleazy: some seed!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 60's. .04" of rain at the ranch and .07" in Bugtussle proper. Some scattered planting may go on this afternoon. Still a lot of scattered black spots meaning waiting a day or so might be prudent. I truly believe by not gardening anymore, a lot of these guys have lost the connection they once had with the soil as far as knowing when it's truly fit. At least at this calendar date, I don't buy the "it's getting late" argument yet. If you don't have at least a 24 row planter these days you're a nobody. Most guys can be done planting corn in 3 - 5 days time. Fields are system tiled whereas 30 - 40 years ago they were piecemeal, a string here & there. Could write a book on this nonsense and probably should. Still no taste & smell yet. At least coffee makes me feel more awake.  :coffee:       
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hopefully ya turned the corner Dotch...   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Any brain fog yet Dotch?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Brain fog is just normal for me roony. :bonk: Actually I'm probably more focused and seeing things in the big picture more than I have in a long time. More time to think and do things that make sense rather than just reacting until I'm exhausted. The thing I need to be careful of at this point is not to overdo it. I got a very nice email from my Canadian friend's widow thanking me for the pic I sent her, same one I posted here a while back. She doesn't like getting on the computer much so took some courage on her part. They got a Border Doodle puppy last fall so that's helping her deal with matters.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe life is good ❤️!!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks dynamite Glenn!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Awe life is good ❤️!!!

Awe look at you with your fancy fire pit. Mines made outa poor boy rocks.   :pouty:

Didn't weld that up on company time did ya? I recall you were a stainless guy.   :tut:   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Awe life is good ❤️!!!

Awe look at you with your fancy fire pit. Mines made outa poor boy rocks.   :pouty:

Didn't weld that up on company time did ya? I recall you were a stainless guy.   :tut:   :rotflmao:
nope. I got that bad boy from one of the employers I was a pain in the  :moon: to for 13 years!!  :happy1:  as a retirement gift,or a glad your gone gift!🙄  but I also spent 28 years welding/ working for them.
« Last Edit: May 05/06/22, 09:31:12 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd be willing to bet I could go to any shop I dealt with and they'd still let me in the door..   I think! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Blistering 42 degrees here in International Falls this morning. low 70's yesterday. Rode the trike out to the park and checked ice yesterday. Still lots of it there. Some bays were opening and the ice chunks were blowing around in the wind. Air temp dropped 10-15 degrees when I would get close to the lake from all the ice.

Should clean up in the garden and garage today but the lure of a trike ride might be too much to ignore.

Have a great day boys!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....looks like another sweet day outside. G-man is coming to till the garden this morning!!!! think i'll plant too!!!!!!

pretty sure round 2 of a fire and beer are on tap for this afternoon also!!!!!11 :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Tossed some grass seed and fertilizer out in the back yard yesterday, went to a banquet West of Alex last night, great food and I won a battery operated bait cooler. Headed to Cambridge to pick up 66 bags of food plot seed today. Hope to be back by 3:00 to water the new seed and a few beers. Have a great day, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 42* here too & 70* will be our top, they're sayin. Got my clothes done & the new Minnkota on the boat by ~ noon yday. Took the wheeler around to the mouth of the river yday PM as I hadn't been back there for a while. Thought I might find a couple spots where they had water over the road as it's pretty boggy back there, but I found none. Pretty wet in a couple spots though. We have 1 of the deep cycle batteries ready to go in the boat, so we'll start there today. A couple other things to do before we get the rain tomorrow. No more now, enjoy your day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  moving kinda slow yet stayed up and watched the wild beat up on da blues! Got the garden all put back together and fertilized yesterday after it was tilled,  gots to get some grass seed yet but I'll fire up the mow lawner and suck up the yard today. Enjoy the nice day gents..See ya!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Field cultivators & planters will be rolling today. Checked some planting yesterday. Dried off on top but plenty tacky underneath. Could see some open slots where guys hit wheel tracks on headlands. Definitely not one of those springs thus far where fields can be worked and planted right away. Better let 'em gray off a day 1st. Need to make a feed run & search for a few bales of hay to tide us over until we recover enough from COVID to wean some ewes. Pasture's ready here at home, enough to carry 15 - 20 head anyway. Likely get some calls wanting planter depth checks too so better get at it. 
« Last Edit: May 05/07/22, 08:06:43 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, what a great day yesterday!!  got lots done outside too!!  prepped the area where the elm was cut down to reseed and such today today...  son and his family made it up in a new to them 2021 Silverado, very nice looking rig!!   for the money it should be...well things to do!!  breakfast, finish seeding and all!!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

even watched the wild win last night too!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well we slept in the camper for the first time this summer last night.  Slept great.  The cable wasn't coming in very good so the cable guys that I know real good stopped over and put a power converter on our line so now the tv in the garage and the camper and even the house are a lot clearer.   :happy1:  I got two loads of crushed granite the last few days.  1 - 1.5 yards per load in my 4 x 8 trailer.  Shoveled it off in spots around here that needed it.  I sprinkled some around our fire area and where we walk out by the camper so it won't be so muddy.  Once it gets ground in grass will grow through it which is fine.  Also cut up some big branches for firewood and will cut down an old boxelder today and turn it into firewood too.  Just took some ibuprofen since the wife is over working me.  LOL  You all have a great day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Mother’s Day all. Looks a bit wet here with more rain to come. Hope the wife is happy, what screams Happy Mother’s Day more than a nice card and a new Engel battery operated bait cooler? I’m sure she’s going like this as much as the  Milwaukee sawsall I bought her a few years ago. Have a great day everyone, later.....
« Last Edit: May 05/08/22, 06:23:20 AM by markn »
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good call on the gift Mark!!   :rotflmao:  52 and rain here too..  might see 59 today...  not sure how much we have so far, but the bird bath needs a bit more water!!  got a fair shack done yesterday outside..  the big one was reseeding where the elm tree was..  got that done and even watered it..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's awesome Mark!! Mornin forum fellas great timing on the rain, sucked up the yard and fertilized yesterday the bad news the old 94 yardman lost its front axle.  Sooo the kid happened to be over and we tore that thing apart, everything is in the truck except for the motor. Gotta run to FF myself to see if they have da fishin stuff I'm looking for yet,  probably not I'm guessing,  take a stroll thru the veggies while I'm there.  Stay dry gents...See ya!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Trace of rain. Off & on showers so far but nothing accumulating yet. Looks like within the next hour we should see more substantial showers. Not a lot on the plate today. Got stuff cleaned up around the barn last nite so didn't have that to deal with today. Prolly just lay low and listen to each other cough. One positive: I can taste some things again. Still not quite right but better than it was. Very nice markn! That oughta score you some brownie points.  :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 53* presently & that's ~ our high for the day as well. We've had a few showers roll through already too. That wind yday looks like it took care of the ice, at least in our bay. :cool: Go get a paper here soon & after that, we'll see. :scratch: Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Windy and rainy here.  I heard the rain on the roof of the camper last night.  Nice!  We grilled a nice big ribeye last night and it was great!  Saved a small chunk to have with eggs this morning.  Looking forward to that after coffee is over.  We don't even have a quarter inch of rain yet which surprised me.  Supposed to rain today and tomorrow.  The granite I put down is really nice.  Not muddy around the camper this morning just wet.  Not sure what is up for today.  We shall see. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....been rain pretty good here most the morning so far.  just a nice slow rain too!!l  :happy1:ooks like by the end of the week or before i might need to cut the grass!!!!

going to take Mom out for brunch today for MOM's day. i should be #1 again........at least for a couple hours!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

not much else planned, maybe put some of my warm winter clothes away.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just went out and checked the rain gauge, more than I thought..  .6 of rain so far, even some standing water in spots...   

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
50 degrees and raining in I-Falls this morning. Warm weather with this rain and everything turned green. Looks like it might be a good book reading day with one eye on the Twins game this afternoon.

Happy Mothers Day to all the momma's out there. Without them we wouldn't be here.   :bow:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here in Detroit lakes this AM. We ended up heading to the BIL's last night. Rained a bunch here. Sometime this morning we should get rolling home. Got the semi trailers unloaded in Isanti yesterday. 3 trailers full of all kinds of furniture. They are planning to have a garage sale to sell it all. Happy mother's day to all the mothers out there. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday my son and I spent some time prepping the area where the lawn was destroyed during septic replacement a year and a half ago. As you can see, we didn't have enough black dirt to complete the job but got a pretty good start. We had to remove 2-4 inches of excess sand that they had spread around during the tank installation and replace it with black dirt. I tilled it and dragged it with a pallet. I plan to fertilize and spread seed today. 

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***