Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901787 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I like the stone pathway. Somebody put in a lot of work..
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I like the stone pathway. Somebody put in a lot of work..
he got the curved boards at Menards  :rotflmao: :happy1: probably an 11% rebate to!!👍👍 :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 and rain in the area but not here yet...  looking for 72 today along with the rain..  taking the car for an oil change and tire rotation..   then take myself out for lunch..  woke up this morning another year older..  not sure how that happened...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybday: :happybday: :happybday: to the biggest trouble maker!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Birthday Mike!!  :happybday: 41 here and heading for 59 today. See rain is in the forecast. It sure felt good to get home last night. Think we got home sometime after 4. The lake is looking mighty gray now. Maybe it will be gone before Saturday. I will head over to the marine dealer after work today and drop off the new kicker motor so they can install it on the boat. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Mike....enjoy your special day,at this stage in our life not many b-day's left,make your lunch a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Happy Birthday Mike!  Have a great day too!  Looks like the rain could be here pretty soon.  The river has gone down a little.  I think I will get the wood splitter in the garage and do some customizing on it.  Been thinking of a few things I can do to make it even better.  Will get to play with my welder.   :happy1: 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard on the news that the fishing opener has to be two weeks before Memorial Day by law.  So there.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea ya don't 70 every day!!!   ouch!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Heavy rain here right now. Looks like more until about 11:00.

Happy Birthday Mike. :party3: :party3:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I just heard on the news that the fishing opener has to be two weeks before Memorial Day by law.  So there.
I have always read that it is the closest Saturday to the 15th. Probably works out to be the 2 weeks. The lake came up another 6" or so over the weekend to. This would be about optimum if it would stay right here all year round. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like it to stay like this too.  I could bring my boats right up to behind my barn then.  Would make a nice little marina. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That would be sweet!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 50* @ 1st peek here & I'm seein 65* for the high. Put our rain gauges out yday & it looks like we had just under .5" in 1 of 'em. :scratch: We must be up 2-3' here now but I don't expect that to last. Got some stuff I can do in the garage to start the day & will go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good day. Especially you, mike!! :happybday:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Dutchboy,
I installed (created) all of the stone paths and yes, it’s a lot of work. It starts with picking the right stones from old rock piles on my land. It takes a lot of special stones (I say “stones” because just plain “rocks” would not work lol). Quite a few pickup loads are required because I need a huge supply of stones so I can find the perfect fit for each one.   It’s a long process selecting, hauling and placing the stones. It’s plenty hard on the fingers too. I found making the boarder with tumbled bricks and then filling in with the stones is the best for curved paths. Also it’s easier to maintain with a nice edge.

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
DE, that a lotsa rock... stones!  :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Mike!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Mike. Have some fun today even tho it's pretty crappy out now. Got my grass seed and fertilizer down last week so there's a bit of a silver lining to the rain. Might go to town and pick up my 60" mower deck for the Kubota today and get that home. Later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. .11" of precip at the ranch & .16" in Bugtussle proper over the past 24 hrs. Just enough rain to put a damper on planting progress over much of the area this forenoon. With the wind blowing and warm temps it should go after lunch. Being Mother's Day, took the Stude out for a spin yesterday to Barney's in Waseca. Even let Mrs. Cheviot ride along! We're both still hacking & coughing. Not much energy either. Taste & smell are coming back moreso on some stuff than others. Happy Birthday Mikey! When I first read glenn's post about troublemaker's I thought it was his birthday!  :rotflmao:

:party3: :happybday:🎂
« Last Edit: May 05/09/22, 09:13:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn,
That shed you built must be filling up fast. Nice toys for sure.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well got the car done so now off to lunch!!   decided it's no cook Monday....  on Mondays Midway Bar gives 1/2 on a meal to veterans.  good food too!!  know lots of folks go there to take advantage of it so it's my turn!!!   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Happy Birthday Mike. 

Started cracking lightning & thunder here at 11, raining now. Got a text from Princeton the streets were flooded to the top and they had hail this morning.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers..wifey said it hailed here.........i was to busy working to notice!!!!!! :doah: heard on the radio that willmar had golf ball to tennis ball size hail this  AM!!!!! :doah: :shocked:

garden is probably to wet to do anything in so i may pull a Dotch and take an afternoon nap!!!!  :happy1: :sleazy: oh and Dotch .... :tut: :tut: when it comes to the list of troublemakers.......i'm pretty far down that list!!!!  :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
when it comes to the list of troublemakers.......i'm pretty far down that list!!!!

now that a mouth full of BS if I ever read it!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :confused:              :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well that was a darn good burger and tater tots I had at the bar,  with the discount a pop and bacon cheese burger was just under $8.00..  so I decided to put $20.00 in a pull tab box that was fairly new...  well almost done opening and wait a second!!   I see 3 lines on one!!!  open it, top $204.00!!!  yup a darn good meal!!!   and yes Glenn I left the bar tender a very nice tip from it... 

the best part is on the pull tabs I don't play them very often either!!!!   
« Last Edit: May 05/09/22, 02:13:06 PM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutchboy,
I installed (created) all of the stone paths and yes, it’s a lot of work. It starts with picking the right stones from old rock piles on my land. It takes a lot of special stones (I say “stones” because just plain “rocks” would not work lol). Quite a few pickup loads are required because I need a huge supply of stones so I can find the perfect fit for each one.   It’s a long process selecting, hauling and placing the stones. It’s plenty hard on the fingers too. I found making the boarder with tumbled bricks and then filling in with the stones is the best for curved paths. Also it’s easier to maintain with a nice edge.

deadeye, did you put something like paver sand in the rock path after the rocks where done!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
As usual I'm late to the party,  Happy birfday Mike!! Your right Glenn sounds like the cabin chain o lakes got golf ball size hail, and no leaves on da trees to slow it down.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
As usual I'm late to the party,  Happy birfday Mike!! Your right Glenn sounds like the cabin chain o lakes got golf ball size hail, and no leaves on da trees to slow it down.
i forsee an emergency call in sick thursday and friday!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: