Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952490 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't even fish from shore here.  There is so much water I would have to fish in my gully.  Who knows maybe there are fish there. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They might come in there in the evening to feed.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Heavy weather missed us to the east last nite but after dark, it was fun to watch the "heat lightning" as Dad used to call it. Got some hay from my mechanic and unloaded it after supper. Had noticed yesterday afternoon the passenger's side front brake was getting hot (I can smell again!) so when I got the hay he told me to bring the pickup in this a.m. I got a print deadline to make so I better get at it. Hope your wife comes out OK JB!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I couldn't even fish from shore here.  There is so much water I would have to fish in my gully.  Who knows maybe there are fish there.

Agreed LP,every spring friends from devils lake area ND tell me they catch walleyes in flooded road ditches,sight fishing.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Da wifey is back in the room. All went good.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: :happy1: she'll be back adding to the honey do list in no time!!👍 :rotflmao:

You should make it back to work by noon!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from getting garden stuff.  Windy as all get out again. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Calm as all get out here in STEARNS county!!! :rotflmao: :fish2: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not bad here either...

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here and heading for 58. Rain coming for the next 2 days. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one.
Little Lake of the woods sunrise.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Great picture JB. I think the camper is ready to go for the weekend. We have sites at Carlos State Park. I did get the garage kinda cleaned-straightened out yesterday too. Also put the mower deck on the Kubota. Works great. Got to find my 1100, sporting clays season starts today. We have a 10:00 start time this morning. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes great picture JB!!  have fun Mark!!!   going to Alex this morning for a couple things, nothing big.  yesterday I took my weber Q apart and cleaned it up, thought about replacing the burner and nope, no parts to be had for that model...  so cleaned it up real good and seems to be working decent enough to cook!!  got to break out the charcoal grill too...  sounds like rain here later today too..   and up to 70 today..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  44 here.  No wind yet.  Good news, a tree swallow is on our martin house turned tree swallow house.   :happy1: :happy1:  Never did get any martins to nest in it.  Surprisingly there are chunks of ice floating down river.  Not big but maybe the size of 5 gallon buckets.  Lots of them too.  Well I did some customizing to my wood splitter yesterday.  I extended the tongue and raised it so the splitter sits level when hooked up to the wheeler.  Now I want to beef up my push plate some.  Fun in the shop.   :happy1:  Debating whether to get a new apple tree to replace or add to the nice one and the broken up one in the yard.  Thinking of a flowering crab maybe.  Letting the wife ponder that issue.  Well you all have a good one. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boyz/gals,beauty one at that to start our "Hump Day" 66 degrees,also minnesota birthday today according to the morning "Q" radio show,we got that goin for us.

Swatted my first skeeter last night,ugh.

Anyone have or recommend a solar outdoor bug zapper?,normally I use a bug thermal cell which works great unless it's windy,then useless
« Last Edit: May 05/11/22, 07:22:24 AM by snow1 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 45* here & I'm seein 71* for the high. We put the rollout dock in yday & it looks like the 40' we have of that is about right. It's still in need of some height adjustment & the deck boards installed but it's a start. Headed to GR today so we probably won't get much done there today. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read a great article in the Duluth paper saying that the dam at Kabetogama is wide open and flowing towards the Rainy River and that levels could end up being as high as 2014.  They just opened the dam at Kenora on May 7.  The watershed starts near Vermillion so is huge.  The Rainy dropped some last week but is supposed to go up more in the next week or two. 
« Last Edit: May 05/11/22, 07:54:44 AM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Between a rock and a hard place. Could save some money going out of town and buying groceries. But, I might go broke buying the diesel fuel to get there and back.   :pouty:

When I think of what it's going to cost the farmers to plant and harvest this year I'm beginning to lean towards believing this recession they keep rambling about.
Things could get ugly before they get better.

Oh well, sunny and 51 this morning in International Falls.
« Last Edit: May 05/11/22, 07:57:52 AM by dutchboy »
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......looking like a nice start to the day!!!!! thinkin i'll go check my asparagus this morning before these "supposed" storms come in. did a google search and found out the recycling place i usually bring my cans to is permanently closed!!!!!! :doah: the kreamers outfit here just out of town takes them but doesnt pay for them, tight bastages!!!!!!1 :surrender: :confused: so i guess a trip to windy hill is in line!!!!!!

Mike........cant you find any compariable grill parts????? if home depot was good for anything they used to have a good supply of grill parts!!!! or dig up one of them milk cans inthe back yard and buy a brand spanky new grill!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

dutchy.....i see those prices go up every day when i work the store, there is one gal, sometimes 2 when not checking off the inventory that just came in are out on the floor with there baskets changing prices on products....and there doing it most of the morning! :confused: :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yes great picture JB!!  have fun Mark!!!   going to Alex this morning for a couple things, nothing big.  yesterday I took my weber Q apart and cleaned it up, thought about replacing the burner and nope, no parts to be had for that model...  so cleaned it up real good and seems to be working decent enough to cook!!  got to break out the charcoal grill too...  sounds like rain here later today too..   and up to 70 today..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
weber.com sez they have parts for a Q.  But that might not e what you are looking for.  The good news is that its working decent enough to cook.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, that is what my wife does at the store here. for the last 6 months that is all that she has been doing. Constantly changing prices.

LPS, the lake is getting to the point now that it may be to deep for us to put our dock in. An extreme change from last spring. The lake seems to be coming up 4-5" in 24 hour period currently.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that.  The river is where it was at a week ago but now with stuff coming down again it must be on the rise.  Hope it doesn't flood the shorelines on the lake like it did before.  I think we had huge north winds then too that created problems like around Morris Point. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, that is what my wife does at the store here. for the last 6 months that is all that she has been doing. Constantly changing prices.

LPS, the lake is getting to the point now that it may be to deep for us to put our dock in. An extreme change from last spring. The lake seems to be coming up 4-5" in 24 hour period currently.
i know , its crazy. i  really likethe buffalo wild wings parmesan and garlic sauce. noticed Teals carries it so i bought some for chicken. it was like 4.65. just seen an ad for a st cloud store, dont remember which one. if it was cashwise, or another one but it was almost 2 bucks cheaper??// :crazy:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Somalis don't use the stuff so no demand, thats why it's cheaper.  :evil:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Somalis don't use the stuff so no demand, thats why it's cheaper.  :evil:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea i dont see to many of them here in cold spring..they do seem to go in and out of the chicken plant coming and going back to st cloud!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I haven't bumped into one since leaving Princeton. Which might explain why I chose International Falls.   :cool:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Storm cell just missed us off to the west & to the north. No rain at the ranch or Bugtussle but by Waldorf ~.9" and rumors of 1.5" near roony's where they always get more rain. A lot of corn went in the ground the past couple days. A few guys should be about done and moving on to soybeans if they haven't already. Some have equipment and manpower enough so they can do both too. So far, a very compressed corn planting season. Widespread rain forecast for tonite. Coverage & amounts likely to bring fieldwork to a screeching halt so best take advantage of the conditions today. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Farming these days is amazing. I remember as a little boy in the 60's dad had a two bottom plow. Would plow, disc, drag, pick rock (year after year) plant. It would take forever to do a little 10-20 acre field. Today some of these guys need more room to turn their machinery around then dad planted.    :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Mike........cant you find any compariable grill parts????? if home depot was good for anything they used to have a good supply of grill parts!!!! or dig up one of them milk cans inthe back yard and buy a brand spanky new grill!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Ah Glenn I don't have enough for a cream can, so I use sardine cans!!!   

thanks Steve-o, I'll check that out if I need too... 

gas was $4.09 and as I paid it went up to $4.24, wth!!!!   thunder here and a few rain drops...