Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 3178163 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 7228
  • Likes Given: 5288
Sounds like a real mess. You might hafta get your boat out to pick up branches, the one that boar posted a picture of!  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2960
  • Likes Given: 4941
Sounds like a real mess. You might hafta get your boat out to pick up branches, the one that boar posted a picture of!  :doah:
That one will even fit in the basement if needed.  :rotflmao:

Hope it is staying dry for ya Glenn. That is a ton of rain in a short period of time.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
  • Liked: 7222
  • Likes Given: 7983
:rotflmao: don't let him crap ya. That's his boat  :rotflmao: I got a canoe in the garage if I need it!!

My other boat is at the cabin, 16 ft Lund 1600 stinger!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 4772
  • Likes Given: 5138
well my drain tile was working all along...  so much water for a 3 inch drain.. so now the yard is ready for round 2 tonight...  hope not...  dock most likely will be under water tomorrow...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1186
  • Likes Given: 1415
TGIF finally,thank goodness we dodged the bullet last night,had more tree damage from wednesday night than I thought,two big pine tree's pushed over on the side of my house I didn't see until late yesterday whilst cleaning up all the tree limbs...

100% humidity and 67% dew point forced me to fire up the A/C to cool and suck the heavy air outof the house,thank goodness it still works after 20years of service,might be an expensive summer at this rate with july temps so early and high electricity costs....FJB.

Dang "boxelder bugs" woke up from winter slumber,constant battle,thank goodness they don't bite,just annoying.
« Last Edit: May 05/13/22, 07:56:50 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 and foggy at home. Heading for 64 today. We ended up with just under 1.5" of rain overnight. That is about 7" of rain in the last 3 weeks. The ditches are full again this morning. To bad for the Wild.  :pouty: Oh well. Not much else here, just get thru a day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
  • Liked: 498
  • Likes Given: 6
53 here this morning. Only going into the 60's the next week. Really windy today following that big storm system. Got 1/2 inch last night. Enough rain for awhile.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 1068
  • Likes Given: 561
Total rain for me is .70" Wednesday and 3.60" yesterday. That's enough rain for now. One more cup of coffee and then clean up some water in the basement. Nothing but fun. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 5830
  • Likes Given: 12205
Morning boys.  59 here.  We got a solid inch of rain last night.  Lots of thunder and lightning.  I see we have a boxelder down that will get turned into firewood.  I kind of wanted to cut that one down anyways.  Man it is green out.  Leaves are starting to pop here too.  I want to get the lawn mower into the shop to get it ready.  Will have to dodge puddles to get it there.  Feels like a rainy day but not supposed to.  Chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday though.  A lot of rain east of here too so that will all flow this way.  Wind advisories for today but stops at the border of our county so will be calm here.  lol  So Twins and Wild had a bad night last night.  Have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 morning fellers....looks like a purrty day today!!!!!!! havent been out to check the gauge yet. we had some nasty looking stuff last night but didnt amount to much but a little wind and rain!!!!!!!

need to fire up the lawnmower soon!!!!!!!!!! looking like a  :toast: and  :campfire: afternoon. momma bailed on me yesterday till saturday  :rolleyes: :sleazy: :evil: :evil:, er i mean  :confused: :embarrassed: :sad: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 2401
  • Likes Given: 11797
Mornin all, 58* here & we're on our way to 71*, they're sayin. Our gauges showed ~.4" for yday, so we had just over 1" for the 2 days. The radar looked pretty nasty for us around 12:30 last night but from what I can see all that came of it was a minor power glitch. I helped the neighbor put his dock & lift in yday before the rain started but there's more work to be done there. Nice to see the sun but kind of breezy here already too. Got a handrail on our steps that needs a little attention to start my day & I'll go from there. Don't walk under any ladders today guys as it's the only Friday the 13th of the year. Enjoy your day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093. Don't be afraid to call
  • Liked: 1223
  • Likes Given: 0
59 this morning in International Falls. Lots of rain last night. Lots of lightning & thunder with it. I don't know how much we got but it rained hard. I slept like a baby.

70 for today then it cools off again.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093.  Don't be afraid to call

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. A little dab of rain overnite, .01" at the ranch & .03" in Bugtussle. After another day of 90 degree temps, stuff really popped. Lawn needs mowing at least in places so better get the mower ready to rock. Plenty of sticks to pick up yet in the backyard. Rest is in good shape. Also need to get my passport renewed before it expires so when I get fed up with things here I can just leave. Have my enhanced drivers license so I can get into Canada but if I want to go somewhere else, nice to have the passport too. Buddy just went to Canada a few days ago. Sounds like most of the COVID protocol got flushed down the $hitter. Ice still on the lake but enough had melted so the loons could finally paddle around. My friend's widow is selling the cabin there. Wish Obamacare hadn't burned up so much $$$ or I'd think about it. :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dumped another inch out of rain gauge!! UFFDA!! :pouty:

We'll be wishing for some of that in July and August I bet!! :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, talked to my neighbor yesterday I don't know all that well. He had a big dead branch I helped get rid of. I got the wood!! Says they have a place on LOTW'S on the Canadian side there thinking of selling.

They told me they heard they could only sell it to a Canadian??? The husband thinks it's only farmland because all the Chinese and Russians where buying it all up???

Must be rough, they go to Arizona in the winter and a place on LOTW's . :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got a text from Mike, he's been with out power for 17 hours. still don't got any?? :doah:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is so fricking windy here it is work just being out in it.  The river came up a foot overnight.  That is with a south wind.  A north wind raises the river a foot on regular days.  I have to row out to make sure dock boards won't float away.  So that means it is up 4-5 feet from normal levels.  I will show a pic when it gets here. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got done mowing my lawn for da first time!!👍 Almost beer turdy!!! :toast:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I did maintenance on our mower and did some mowing too.  I am having one right now.   :happy1: :happy1:  I have been getting the emergency notices on my phone about how the river is now a No Wake Zone and there are sand bags available at a few different spots in the area.   Later they did another one and said now sand bags are available at Sportsmans.  Just talked to my neighbor and he said he just heard that the lake could come up 2 more feet.  JB I hope you read this.
« Last Edit: May 05/13/22, 04:18:31 PM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093. Don't be afraid to call
  • Liked: 1223
  • Likes Given: 0
They are sand bagging in Ranier and have a sandbag filling operation set-up in Kerry Park in International Falls. They are guessing another 13" rise still coming.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093.  Don't be afraid to call

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This finally came through.  The stake I drove in a week or so ago.  It had gone back down to the stake level 2 days ago and this is how far it came up overnight.  That is my emergency boat.  Good boat. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Based on pictures, I would be on the lookout for small, blue, woodland creatures eyeing your boat... :shocked:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Liked: 4772
  • Likes Given: 5138
mornin all, what a time we have been having here...  storms came in and we lost power for just over 24 hours!!!  and did it have wind!!!  I'm very lucky..  only tree branches and a couple shingles blown off..  got most of it cleaned up and repaired, need to to get a tube of black jack today for the last shingles..  and we ended up with over 3 inches of rain here...  good luck to all going fishing today!   have a good day all!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... Glad to see ya back Mike!!! If you look back noone instigated trouble  :sleazy: wonder why that was!!! :rolleyes:

Watching the granddaughters dog today and waiting for his arrival. Gonna check my asparagus, get rid of aluminum cans at windy hill this morning.

There is a outdoor hockey rink by my mom's, this afternoon I'm taking the 2 pooches there and running the piss and vinegar out of both them!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and I think we might make 60. We got the messages to about the sand bags. The lake just keeps coming up. Another 2 ft will put it right around 2014 level. Which means we won't be putting the dock in. Luckily we are up 8 to 10 ft higher then the lake on this end of Sandy Shores. Down at Graceton beach in 2014 had lots of flooded yards. It is crazy after how low the lake was last year. Not sure what today will bring. I am leaning towards a cruise thru Beltrami later. We shall see. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 53* here & on our way to 64*. We went to the meat raffle again last night & had 2 meat pkgs come home with us. :happy1: The neighbor won 1 & my brother had the winner for the other. Surprisingly, it wasn't as busy as we expected. :cool: I helped with the neighbor's dock & lift some again yday & there's still a little more to do there. There's a mower deck that needs to go back on & a boat project in my sights for today as well. It looks like we might get a little more rain this morning too. 'Bout it here, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... Glad to see ya back Mike!!! If you look back noone instigated trouble  :sleazy: wonder why that was!!! :rolleyes:

Watching the granddaughters dog today and waiting for his arrival. Gonna check my asparagus, get rid of aluminum cans at windy hill this morning.

There is a outdoor hockey rink by my mom's, this afternoon I'm taking the 2 pooches there and running the piss and vinegar out of both them!!
:scratch: Personally, I wouldn't mind if those pooches ran SOME the piss & vinegar outta you!! :nerd:      :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh I'm sure that could happen as well!! There pretty fiesty at the moment!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Gorgeous morning so far. House was stuffy so opened the winders last. Cooled it down nicely & slept like a rock. Lotsa putz projects to be done around a feed run and a trip to FF. Should get the mower(s) fired up sometime this weekend. The last of the sticks need to be picked up in the backyard altho I'll probably mow what everyone can see 1st. Took the cages off around the burning bushes & hydrangea so need to stash them until fall. Be nice to till the garden so it's ready when I'm ready. Better keep goin'. As John Wayne would say, we're burnin' daylight... 🤠

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man did I sleep late this morning.  Was tired after a big day yesterday.  There was a dead popple that had bird holes in it so we didn't cut it down.  The wife always wondered what way it would fall hoping it wouldn't hit the camper.  Well with the winds yesterday it fell and it didn't hit the camper.  Had another one fall too.  In the right direction too.  Not sure what is up for the day.  Will think of something.  I see dark clouds to the SE of us and looks like they are rolling toward Dutchy.  The orioles are still hanging around.  The wife has oranges and grape jelly on a feeder she bought for them.  That is great!  Well time for another cup of coffee.  Oh ya.  As I change erl in the lawn mower yesterday I grabbed an empty plastic coffee container in the garage to run it into.  I came back from the parts store with erl and filter and the ground had erl all over it.  There was a pin hole in the container.  The wife who is always right said I bet Cooper bit a whole in it.  LOLOL   That is why I married her cuz she is so smart.   :sleazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/22, 08:50:21 AM by LPS »

Video