Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946053 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 here and heading for 48 today. I spent the better part of yesterday getting the winter toys put away and reorganized the garage. That will make it easier when the boat comes home. Well, back in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Almost forgot,today is "real estate tax day" for those of us that escrow property tax,tough pill to swallow knowing we tax payer's have a 9billion $ slush fund.  :angry2:

We don't have a slush fund. We have a bunch of money they haven't wasted yet, they are still fighting over who gets to waste what.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 45* startin out for us & we may make 60* later. There's a pretty decent NW wind goin here already so it'll feel a bit cooler too. Well, his boat & canopy are on the lift next door so ours is next. Our lift is still on shore, which is OK with us, & with the high water the boat won't be going in until that is in the lake. The wind this weekend looked to put a damper on the boat traffic over at the resort all weekend. Got a few things in my sights for early today & haven't decided where I'll start yet. :scratch: 'Bout it here, hopin your Monday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Payroll to do and then off to gaze at a few fields of corn emerging. Supposed to cool down significantly and rain some as the week progresses. That should slow the emergence process some. Finished the mowing the backyard & El Capitan yesterday, took the chains off the tractor and sprayed odds and ends in and around flower beds. Hose broke off at the sprayer so I got a nice bath in clethodim. Hopped in the shower soon afterwards. Luckily it broke behind the house where no one will notice. Be interesting to see how much lawn it kills. Punted on weaning ewes & lambs until next weekend. We hired some help, a young guy from Faribault who's a family friend. They have sheep as well so it should help expedite the process & keep us from getting too beat up.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good management decision!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

2nd that!!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yep typical management, have someone else do it!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Afternoon fellers.  Shelves are full again. Off soon to do some things for mom. Then putz around here!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I managed to get part of the yard cut yesterday. Too wet to do it all. Tinkered with the camper for a bit too. Not sure what is going to happen today, may hit a bucket of golf balls before the rain and then try to get some more mud out of the garage. Might look at the welder and the cart I want to put it on. Have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 37 here and heading for mid 50s today. Boy, the lake was a sheet of glass last night and this morning. Makes it hard to come to work when the lake is so inviting. Did some putzing\raking in the yard last night. To nice to be inside. The lake continues to come up. It will be interesting to see where it crest at. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 47 this morning and looking for 65 today..  maybe some rain later too..  yes another nice day yesterday..  got a few things done too..  same for today..   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
MORNIN gents,another dandy one at that,little precip on the way later,mowed my dandelions last night,sprayed the weed patch thanx to Dotch who inspired me to get after it just like pruning my apple tree's,.

Good day to all.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 39* @ 1st peek for us & we're on our way to ~ 65*, I hear. Got quite a bit done yday too, but I'm sure I left some left for today. :rolleyes: Nice to see the sun & a little less wind as well. No more now, have a great day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Well as you know we planted the garden on Sun and this morning it was 35.  Yikes.  Will be 35 on Fri and Sat mornings too.  May have to take some precautions then.  Nice sunny morning here.  May be some rain tonight I guess.  I will see how much I can mow here too.  Will have to avoid wet spots too. I need to hit the hardware store to get one of those watering things like Glenn has to hook up to my nose. LOL  Will hit the grocery store too.  Will go check the river after coffee.  Was looking stable last night. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......nice looking morning......got a in the house project i need to get to today.......but later when it maybe rains!!!!!! :happy1: to nice this morning!!!!!!!!!!!

trying to decide when I'm heading up to the cabin, the weather channel and accuweather just aint jiving on the forecast as far as rain  goes for friday or saturday??????/ :pouty:

i've tried calling this becks greenhouse on hwy 10 by Elk River 3-4 4times a day the last 4 days and they aint answering the phone......oh Gunner  :tut: :tut: :tut:  :rotflmao: want to order my pickles for canning!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Drizzly rain in the forecast today. Had to chase a robin out of the office this a.m. With about 4 of us chasing it around it finally flew out the open door. No small feat as there's probably a 40' x 80' area with a suspended ceiling & cubicles. Got out the bug net and that expedited the process. Otherwise, some corn emerging but it's not perfect. Old adage: Get impatient, work the field when it's in less than perfect conditions, better expect less than perfect emergence. Well, best get back at it. Hearing about lots more things people did or didn't do that they'll expect me to kiss and make it all better.  :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gloomy mornin gents for Hump day,low ceiling and mist,loaded  my truck up with essentials and heading west today,walleye tourny this weekend on the big MO,been a good bite all spring,looking forward to some nice weights,hopefully our boat will fair well.

Good day to all...
« Last Edit: May 05/18/22, 08:30:11 AM by snow1 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47 and gloomy here to. Hit some rain on the way into work. Heading for 57 today with chances of rain all day. Good luck on the turny Snow! Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good luck snow!!  47 or so this morning and looks real nice out there!!   my head cold has finally started to break up so I'm liking that!!  got a few things on my agenda today, including a trip to Alex to get a few things..   

so I was reading where a place called Anton's in Waite Park by St. Cloud was flooded by the Sauk rive while it had lots of folks in there eating dinner!!  I have been there and it is right on the river too!!  one of it's draws!!  decent food too!! 

have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 50* now & we may hit 70* later, some light rain comin down too. Fired up the chainsaw yday as we got a couple trees that've seen their better days. Got the lake pump goin too, so while we were down there we threw some of the decking on the dock as well. I think we're gonna wait 'til tomorrow to hit GR this week. 'Bout it here, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Rainy here too.  Wasn't supposed to happen until tonight I thought.  Oh well.  Got word last night that my Mom fell and broke her hip. She is about 85 and a pretty weak person anyhow so must be real hard on her.  That means I will be taking a drive down to help my Dad with things.  Too bad we can't all stay young and healthy.  She seems to be doing ok so that is good news.  The rain will be good for the garden.  Well you all have a good day. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........nice sunshine here.....for now. must be my clean lifestyle!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

good luck fishin snow...we expect pictures!!!!!!! :happy1:

LPS....hope mom does good healing. must be the thing yesterday.......... :doah: we got word yesterday that my BIL... my wife's sisters husband  is getting scheduled for hospice care!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: about 2 weeks ago they brought him to the buffalo hospital, had pneumonia and blood pressure was weak.  well after 2 days against docs recommendations he checked himself out. stubborn doofus!!!!!!! early this past week they hauled
 him to the U of M......where his heart doc is. still issues with the blood pressure.......basiclly his heart is tuckered out and failing!!!!!!! 

think i'll go check my aparagus today. get some other things done!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. .28" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. with .35" recorded in Bugtussle proper. Supposed to get back to the low 80's tomorrow then turn the thermostat down for a stretch. Ran across some fields wit the Gator between showers yesterday. When I started out it was a chilly 52 degrees. That's the normal high here for April 9th! Luckily my winter coat was still in the pickup so I had to circle back and put it on. The rain wasn't all bad. It softened a potential crust on one of the fields I was on yesterday. Farmer was concerned about it before he was off to go fishing today. Talked another one down off the ledge. Hoping the sun comes out so I can knock out a few more fields after lunch.

Good luck fishing snow. Leave some for the rest of us. Be nice if they can do something for your BIL glenn. Hope your Mom comes thru OK Barry. Those broken hips sure can be a bugger with those elderly folks seems like.     
« Last Edit: May 05/18/22, 11:28:33 AM by Dotch »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes for your Mom LPS. And for your BIL Glenn!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Barry sure hope for the best for your Mother!!!   

Glenn, found out last night no asparagus for me this year..  patch got all beat to heck, so let it rest for a year or 2... 

at Aldi's they had jumbo chicken legs for .89!!  I'll be smoking them!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going out to check the aparagus shortly. Headed north then for a week. When I get back I'll check it again, and iffin your nice to me  :rotflmao: I'll share!! :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch::rolleyes: :doah:         :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going out to check the aparagus shortly. Headed north then for a week. When I get back I'll check it again, and iffin your nice to me  :rotflmao: I'll share!! :happy1:

thanks!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a heavy price to pay.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya who knows what all that could entail???   Some people I have talked to tell me that it is common for the hip to break first and then the people fall.  Interesting concept. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

thanks!
maybe even share some other goodies I have.  :happy1: in exchange for empty jars!!