Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902736 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm going out to check the aparagus shortly. Headed north then for a week. When I get back I'll check it again, and iffin your nice to me  :rotflmao: I'll share!! :happy1:

thanks!
maybe even share some other goodies I have.  :happy1: in exchange for empty jars!!

I have them!!!  and some rusty rings too!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

glenn likes them with a nice patina... :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

glenn likes them with a nice patina... :happy1:

dats why I save them!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :confused: well dat ain't very nice!! :confused: :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your mother, LPS. Broken hips can be really troublesome for three elderly. Hope she comes through it ok and you dad is able to handle it, too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thanks FW.  I hope she gets through therapy ok. She is not very strong so that worries me.  Supposed to be cool here for a few days.  Already fall like weather.  Football hasn't even started yet.  Well back to packing.  Later

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes for your mother LPS and your BIL glenn. Forks for my tractor showed up last Saturday so now it's time to see what we have for lumber and start building an elevated shelve for storing Winter stuff in the Summer and Summer stuff in the Winter. Hope to get the yard mowed again including the patches I skipped the last time due to being wet. Had a small shot of rain last night, but not enough to even lift the red ring in the rain gauge. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and hoping to see 63 today..  looks like a quiet day over all here..  hope it stays that way too..   reseeded some grass seed yesterday where it washed out..  hope it takes this time...  good luck LPS!!   and safe travels too!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 here and heading for 52 with a chance of rain later. Safe travels Barry! Hope your Mom comes thru ok! Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 49* here & the upper 50's will be the high. Best wishes for your Mom, LPS. Headed in to GR this mornin, so the storm cleanup can wait. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rain on the way tonite altho there's presently some just skirting to the south of us along I-90. Good place for it today anyway. A few guys pushing for the finish line planting beans locally so be nice if it held off here until tonite. Gonna do what it's gonna do. Corn that's emerged looks good. Stands aren't perfect but given the conditions when it went in they're acceptable. Weed control looks good too so it's off to a good start. Good luck with your Mom Barry.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
evening fellers.... kinda hit the floor running when i got home from the store. time to shut it down for the day me thinks!!!!!!

got news from my wife. she talked to her other sister. and it sucks........apparently  my BIL  is breathing roughly about 20% on his own. the rest is machine!!!!! he will not be coming home for hospice care, there saying even by ambulance with his breathing as it is isnt safe, so he will be in the hospital hopice unit!!!!!  from what Sue said her sister and daughter were going to start gathering up his side of the family to go see him. they apparently had some sort of "meeting" today at 11 am. they said basiclly keeping him comfortable with morphine!!!!!

this really sucks, all i've thought about is that period of time my dad was under hospice care........ :confused: :taz: :banghead: :banghead: 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do hear ya and understand too...  my thoughts and prayers to the family..... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I do hear ya and understand too...  my thoughts and prayers to the family.....
:happy1: thanks Mike!!!!!!!!

morning fellers......looks like we got a nice shot of rain overnight. just in time for my new grass coming up and garden!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

busy day today, finish getting stuff ready and loaded up for the trip north tomorrow morning, get the lawn cut and a few other things done before i leave!!!!!!! make sure i give momma a nice goodbye!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear Glenn. Prayers for him and the family!

Morning boys. TGIF!! 42 here and heading for 47 today. Gots a little rain last night, .15". Sounds like some more maybe later today again. Needs to get me some worm bedding I think. Lots of night crawlers on the roads in the morning when it rains at night. Tomorrow we are driving down to Isanti to get the furniture from the FIL's place that the wife wants. Bring some over to the daughters and then head back home. I want to be on the road by 4 am. It will be fun getting the wife moving in the morning. A neighbor is letting us use his enclosed trailer. Very nice of him! Also need to call the sheriff this AM. They got the zip code wrong on the wife's carry permit. She noticed it last night. Hopefully they can get a new one ready and we can pick it up after work today. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys. 
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 this morning and hope to see 58 today..  got some rain  over night not sure how much yet, thinking not much from the looks of it...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes Glenn. Sometimes you just want to keep somebody as comfortable as you can. The good Lord is in charge.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Best wishes Glenn. Sometimes you just want to keep somebody as comfortable as you can. The good Lord is in charge.
thanks guys!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47* @ 1st peek here & we're headed towards 56*, I'm hearin. We had a little rain overnight too. Sad to hear about the BIL, Glenn. Lots of boats headed north yday, most I've seen this season, so far. In fact, GDP's parking lot was about 2/3 full when we went by just after noon. Cleaned up some of storm damage out front yday but didn't get very far. That will be today's mission. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Best wishes Glenn. Got a decent shot of rain overnight. Just less than a 1/2 inch. Cold for a couple of days.

2/3 of ND is under a freeze warning. Temps in the upper 20's. Hopefully not here.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks Ken. Reality is starting to set in unfortunately!!

It's about what we got here for rain too!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Dealt with it with animals and people. Couldn't agree more roony.

Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. .13" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch and .15" in suburban Bugtussle. Still showering off and on. A cooldown ahead here but no frost predicted except possibly in the peats. We call them "peats" but they're actually categorized as mucks as opposed to the true peats like around Roseau. Upwards of 40% organic matter in places tho so they don't hold heat like the mineral soils do. It freezes sometimes when recorded air temps drop to the upper 30's. Cold air tends to pool there & the soils are slow to warm up, frequently still frozen deeper in the soil long after the mineral soils have thawed completely. Can get a double whammy that way. Looked at more corn yesterday. This cooler weather will slow it down & that will give us more time to get across it before the next wave of panic sets in.   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya that does suck Glenn.  Hang in there.  Well it was a long drive but made it.  Lots of wind once I got further south.  Got 9 mph average.  Not bad in the wind.  It was 89 when I got here.  I knew it was forecasted but didn't believe it.  Was 62 in Wilmar noonish and 72 in Marshall a little later so though no way will it be that hot.  Right after I went through Marshall the temp started rising fast.  Sure enough 88 89 when I got here.  Cooled off in the night though and the furnace kicked in.  Now 60's for the duration.  That is a good thing.  Mom will be moved from Sioux Falls to Luverne today.  Her hemoglobin has been low so did a transfusion and may have to do it again.  ???   I will go see her tomorrow.  Dad and Sis will spend time with her today.  She can only handle so much.  Sure nice to have the camper here.  A young couple is developing a new campgrounds and it is great!  Sure appreciate my own digs instead of staying with friends or a motel.  Construction guys have campers here so I am the only one here during the day time.   :happy1:   Well you all have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a nice set up for ya LPS.. hope all goes well for you all...    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I got my golfcart up and going yesterday. Broke a post off one of the batteries. Went to town to get a replacement 8volt battery, $193.00 later I was on my way home again. That hurt. Stopped by the bottle shop and grabbed a fresh box of beer. Noticed the carton was a different style and paid no attention until I grabbed a can last night. Hamms is doing a “Throwback Pack”. Looks kinda cool. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
throw back for sure!!  cool!!   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Mark, where did you get the battery? Was it a deep cycle? My golf cart is 48 volt and I need 6 of them.  :doah:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I got my golfcart up and going yesterday. Broke a post off one of the batteries. Went to town to get a replacement 8volt battery, $193.00 later I was on my way home again. That hurt. Stopped by the bottle shop and grabbed a fresh box of beer. Noticed the carton was a different style and paid no attention until I grabbed a can last night. Hamms is doing a “Throwback Pack”. Looks kinda cool. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
and the beer probably still tastes like it's thrown out Michelob!!! :sleazy: :doofus: :doah: :evil: right dutchy!!! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
batteries plus is one place..  talked to a guy last week who got 6 of them there..

not sure where Mark got his..   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
DB, I bought this battery (Intersate) at a local business. If you need six of them I’d check out a battery dealer or implement dealer for 8v batteries.

and the beer probably still tastes like it's thrown out Michelob!!! :sleazy: :doofus: :doah: :evil: right dutchy!!! :rotflmao:

Glenn, and you call mgl good beer? That’s “sex in a canoe” beer.
mm