Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902730 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, no hail damage to the gutters. Had a guy on the roof (guy recommended by my insurance co) last week. He said I do need a roof replacement.  We will see where it goes.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Mom is doing surprisingly well.  They have her up walking with a walker.  That is great!  It is windy here again today.  It actually got warm enough yesterday that I was able to sit out in a lawn chair for awhile.  Have to make a few calls to figure out todays plan now.  Stay out of trouble is the name of the game.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear Barry!!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just replacing old gutters deadeye. They are leaking at the seems and there’s a few pinholes in them. They’re probably 50 years old.
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear Barry!!!!   :happy1:
X2, That is great to hear!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,

Nice sunny  50degrees out the door,might as well enjoy it it while it lasts,crappy all day rain forcasted tomorrow.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here and heading for 65 today. Last night after work on the way home I see a big ole black bear not to far from home. Then I went down to the forest and cleaned up some fallen trees and cleared up the trail going into our camp site. As I was making my way back down the forest road I looked over into the slough and there stood 2 moose. Cool as heck to see. They didn't stick around long enough for me to get the camera ready on my phone. It is funny since as I was driving down the road on the way in I was seeing the moose tracks on the road and thinking for as many tracks as we have been seeing on the road the last few years it is surprising that we don't see moose. Guess I just need to think cool thoughts and they appear.  :rotflmao: Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and lookin for 68 today!!  of to a good start this morning, first repair something then the power goes off for a split second..  just enough to shut the puter down and tv..  oh well all good now..  mow the yard for sure today..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

that is cool as heck JB!!!  would love to see that too!!!   :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/24/22, 07:13:14 AM by mike89 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! Gorgeous Morning here. Last night I had a voice mail on my phone from the County. Some jass ack had dumped a pile of rough fish on a township road. This morning I went put there and cleaned up the big mess. I think they were mostly Buffalo with a few Gar. Some huge fish. Hopefully I'll get reimbursed for shipping them to Cold Spring. Oh the joys of being a Township Clerk.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Morning.....53 here this morning. heading for 67 today.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It's painting day. Mike you busy today? Just kidding. A trip to FF for stuff and hopefully I'll be done early this afternoon. I pressure washed the facias, soffets and siding yesterday. Arms are a little sore today. Looks like a good morning to sharpen mower blades.
Glad to hear the good news Barry. Got to go, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46* for our start & we may make 70*. The tree guys showed up a little early & were headed back down the driveway in < 2 1/2 hours. Close to 1 1/2 hours of that to haul away 2 of the 3 big dump trailers they ended up with too. :happy1: Mowed a little, seeded another small area, filled in the worst of their Bobcat tracks some too. Probably more of that in store for today, as well. Yup, pretty :cool: seeing those moose JB. Got close to 1 a long time ago up near Waskish. No more now, hopin you enjoy your Tuesday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
roony get's all the fun jobs....

actually roony if there is a upside cleaning up that mess,at least it wasn't 90 degrees and rotted maggot filled fish,I have zero tolerence for slobs that do these things.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I should've taken some pictures but mainly just wanted to get them crated up and on the way to Glenn for his garden.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I should've taken some pictures but mainly just wanted to get them crated up and on the way to Glenn for his garden.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I have been sleeping a little later every day here.  No reason to get up early.  Usually Cooper jumps in bed and then lays his head next to me and whines a little.  I try to ignore him and he gets closer and does it louder.  Finally I burst out laughing and give him a big hug.  I am craving hugs from him and the wife.  Will go out to my buddy Blue's tonight.  He is making a had dinner for me and Rocky.  He is great cook so will be good.  I think I may even go dump the tanks on the camper today so I am ready to hit the road earlier tomorrow morning.  Good chance of rain here tomorrow too.  The camper sure needs a good warsh job.  Rained enough on the way down so all of the road dust stuck to it.  Roony I bet those dead rough fish are from bowfishers.  That is the down side with them.  Well have a good one boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Roony,

township clerk should have a flat bed truck with a mini crane with jaws to pick=-up this crap and road kill,just sayin.Some counties near the metro sub this job out to independent contractors,not a bad gig "just name your price" for pickup and delivery to city dump.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 51 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Hauling the cull ewes to Zumbrota came off without a hitch. It's a hike, takes about an hour & change but it's interesting farm country. There was still a lot of planting going on over that direction. The guy who was in the hole just ahead of me at the stockyard was a buddy from Kasota. I razzed him about holding up progress. He was probably hitting on the chick they had running the gate. Pretty young lady & nice to talk to but looked like she'd been rode hard and put away wet on numerous occasions. I was just glad to get the cull ewes off the trailer. I'll be even happier next spring if we don't run out of hay. Baling hay is definitely overrated. Today, back to looking at corn fields and seeing if any soybeans might've been nipped by frost in places. Doubt it but stranger things have happened.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a four tine pitchfork. Grass Roots Government.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got another 1/4" of rain in Baudette last night.  I may not get my dock set up this year.  That means no boat in the water.   :angry2:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
But just think of all the honeydew projects you'll get done! ✔️

glenn told me to say that  :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We got another 1/4" of rain in Baudette last night.  I may not get my dock set up this year.  That means no boat in the water.   :angry2:
Ya, we are not sure about putting the dock in yet either. But we don't keep our boat on the dock, so we will still fish some. At least until the gas is gone. Won't be able to afford to refill it.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Painting sucks. At least it's done for now. Headed to Wadena to pick up apple trees today for MDHA. All 115 are spoken for which is great. Should wash off the deck on the Kubota today and clean up a set of wheels for the pick up so they can go back on next week. Be nice to pick up an additional 2 to 3 MPG with the mud/snow tires gone. Stopped at Runnings last Sunday in St. Cloud on the way home and I still can't figure out why gas is $.10 to $.12 a gallon less there. Thanks again Joe, please make sure you get that surplus oil reserve gone as soon as you can so we can pay more. :angry2: Off soapbox now, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: It looks to me like the water in the ditches, small creeks, & slough type area around us has finally started to go down a little to me. Our chain of lakes is part of the Big Fork River drainage but I haven't really noticed much change in the lake level, yet. Our boat is not in the water either but the neighbor has been out a few times & he said that there's a lot of places here that don't have their docks & lifts in yet too. That may change a little this weekend though as most of the people will be up, we'll see.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, Mark I don't care for painting either..  radar shows rain in the area but nothing here yet..  I did get the yard mowed and trimmed a few tree branches yesterday so I'm done with that for now..  the water is going down here slowly now days..   going over to Alex this morning and get a few things to help prepare for this holiday weekend..  got to get the fixins for tater salad and a pasta salad too..  and then there is what for meat to eat!!  think I have it under basic control...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/25/22, 06:53:41 AM by mike89 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
GLOOMY MORNIN FOLKS,50 degrees,cold rain piercing the brain pan out the door,sounds like a all day soaker coming off a beautiful weather wise tuesday,but it's minnesewta.

Painting ugh! started a paint project in my kitchen couple months ago,had more paint on the floor and my dog than the walls,threw the towel in when I kicked the paint can over,it took a couple weeks to get a paint crew to come in,every place I called booked months in advance not enough workers,finally connected with a small time father/son company,glad I did,very reasonable and a job well done.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 47 here and heading for 60 today. It was a nice night last night. Did a little tree trimming around the yard. More could be done. Thinking the grass will get a cutting tonight. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, seen 52* early here & they're sayin we won't quite make 60*. A little light rain from~ 10-2 is what I see on the hourly. Nicest day we've had in quite some time yday, gonna be tough to top. Got a little shopping to do so we're headed towards GR in a bit. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 47 at choretime heading for a high around 52. For the SROC at Waseca, that's the normal low for today or the normal high for April 8th. Take your pick. :doah: .41" of rain in the overnight at the ranch with .45" collected in suburban Bugtussle. Checking corn fields yesterday, it hasn't done much this past week. No surprise there. Even yesterday the wind was raw when out in the open. Fixed fence at the kindly neighbors last nite, went to vote in the special election, then fixed more fence at the ranch when I got home. Some lambs must've got lit up when they tried it out judging by where I found the one insulator. Picking up some new fiberglass posts to put in over at the kindly neighbors. Too many critters crawling between the electric and barbed wires, entangling the electric wire around the barbed wire. They get lit up pretty good but it grounds 'er out deader than a doornail. :angry: