Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900822 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Thundershowers in the vicinity but so far only .02" measured at the ranch. Oddly enough, we are slightly dry here. Unless it rains significantly overnite, we'll end up with <2" of rain for the month. Seeing the flooding up north seems very foreign. Not decided what to do today just yet. I should make the trip to the cemetery. That cooks half a day. There is always plenty to do here but it's supposed to be windy (odd) and chances of some showers this a.m. Probably do it anyway. I got all the fenceposts installed at the kindly neighbors yesterday. Also cleaned the flower bed by the well & the small garden off so they can be tilled & planted quickly. Neighbor lady didn't get a turkey but should be back today. Hope she brings her Gator. It's a hike from the building site when you're dressed in your camo & carrying all that gear especially in the heat.
« Last Edit: May 05/30/22, 07:52:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just dumped out 1.45" from rain gauge from last night. We had .75" to 1.00" hail at 3:15 this morning. Didn't last long, but managed to knock a bunch of leaves off the trees. Sounded like someone was on the roof with a jack-hammer. Supposed to get two more rounds of storms this afternoon and early evening. Not sure what's on my dance-card for today. Tinker with the wife's new boat probably. It's 25 years old so there's a couple things that need attention. Have great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Thanks VETS. You folks are my heroes.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/30/22, 08:29:25 AM by markn »
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes thank to my fellow veterans!!!     :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
My phone said I got 2.55 inches from 9pm to this morning. Another .65 predicted for today. There was street flooding in downtown International Falls last night. I don't know how much more the area can take.

I was on the Ash River Trail yesterday. Water had taken a couple of cabins at the Ash Trail Resort and was approaching the road down at the Frontier resort. Most homes along the river are sandbagged and if they got hit overnight or today they are in severe trouble.

My prayers go to those homeowners and businesses on the Rainy Lake watershed. It's bad.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well the piss pounding of rain continues here..  Alex was getting drilled..  we were supposed to..  still could..  pure nasty and Mother nature controls it...   hope all of youse are good... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
And judging by the radar it won't be long here!! :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yeah....we ain't suppose to get hit here till between 7-9 o'clock
We don't need anymore flipp'in hail!  :angry2:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw Alex and Osakis on the hit lists on the weather on TV.  I hope youse guys are ok.  Yup Mother Nature calls the shots!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so far so good here, Forada got hit I hear..  SE of Alex...   Rockville down by Glenn got drilled early this morning..  hoping I don't hear much more damage...  this is a fast moving front for sure...  now it looks like the cities might get it..  maybe HD's area..  hope all are safe...   no rain last year and now this....  just think if this was snow!!! 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I saw Alex and Osakis on the hit lists on the weather on TV.  I hope youse guys are ok.  Yup Mother Nature calls the shots!

You getting anything now? Thundering and spitting rain like all hell is ready to bust loose again. It just poured last night.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like gunner and the cabin area is getting hit hard right now!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like gunner and the cabin area is getting hit hard right now!!
:doah: Started here ~ 6:45 & was pretty much done by 7:15. Piss pounded rain for most of that, some strong winds (40+), & 2-3 cable & power glitches. We have the only lights on, since ~ 7:00, of anyone on the bay, that I can see.  :crazy: :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gee and the summer hasn't even started over all..    yet
« Last Edit: May 05/30/22, 07:37:18 PM by mike89 »

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Heavy rain and high winds here. Out of power about 6:40. Couple of trees and some big branches down.  Generator running to keep food cold and minimal lights and TV. Probably will have to run a cord to the pump in the morning for water.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Power went off and came back on a couple times but no rain thus far. Sky was hazy all afternoon with a lot of dirt blowing. Be interesting to see how much corn got cut off. Strongest gust I'm aware of was 53 mph at Waseca. See I have one shingle tab flapping so will need to tend to that. Hope db is OK. That cell looked serious. I got notification of a tornado on the Canadian side (Flanders) not far from where we stay.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Rained hard, some wind, lightning & thunder, Pretty much done now I think. I'll have standing water in the yard for a couple of days after this.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
59 degrees & windy in International Falls this morning. To much rain over the weekend with more predicted today. Good news is no more in the forecast after today.

My thoughts and prayers go out with those on the lakeshore here. I don't know if they can keep up with the sandbagging required to save their property.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,whew made it thru a rocky monday weather wise,having a new roof and deck replaced at my home from last weeks hail ,thought fore sure last night was round two,dodged the bullet,you guyz up nord looked like you were in the bullseye.

cool mornin temps feels good after hot and humid last two days,60 degrees out the door.

Dang skeeters came out in full force over the weekend and black flies were annoying.

Good day to all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got hit pretty good last night. Lots of down trees, and the power was out for about 4 hours.
I'll have to check the roof when I get back home.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58* & that may be the high for the day. Breezy with some light drizzle early as well. Well, we had nearly .4" yday AM & got double that in ~ a 1/2-hour last night for not quite 1.25" total. Lot of wind last night too, but I don't see any damage, so far. The MN state bird made an appearance here about Thursday or Friday too & with all the standing water it's no surprise that it's a bumper crop. :pouty: More rain comin before noon through most of the afternoon is what the hourly is sayin, so it might be a good day for some inside projects. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here and some mist..  maybe some rain again later..  lake is really coming up this morning..  almost 2 inches of rain in the 24 hours or so..  not s o far away from here there is tons of damage...  GF brother lives by Mark and all I heard there was no power..  hope that is all there..  just south of them is Forada and that got hit hard...  Eagle Bend just north of here got hit too..  hope all has a good day... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man what a disaster of water it sounds.  We had  1/4" yesterday morning.  We just got over a 1/4" this morning and we have big puddles all around the yard and driveway.  I suppose it is all saturated.  Ya Dutch it looked like it all headed towards you the other day.  Today it is swirling around the area and may get some more hits.  We had pea size hail on Sunday but didn't last long.  Made the deck white.  May be a hard summer to even get the lawn mowed if this doesn't quit.  Too wet to do much today even though I have a lot to do.  Windy here too.  Sandbagged places don't need wind neither.  Well coffee tastes good so that is a positive thing.  Hope you are all ok.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Another .90" of rain yesterday on top of the 1.45" from Sunday. That's enough for now looking at the basement. Good thing I live on a hill. Lost power for about an hour and change. Had to get rid of some inventory from the beer fridge in the garage before it got warm. We lost one branch from an oak tree that is about 9-10" across and 25' long along with a bunch of dead branches on the ground. Tornadoes were about five miles South (Forada) of us and three and half miles NE (Nelson) of us. Close enough for me. Well it's back to working on boat after breakfast. Got most of the wiring BS done yesterday before I headed in due to weather. Show me a 25 year old boat that doesn't have an electrical glitch in it. Have a great day everyone, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
how bad did Nelson get it Mark??  I haven't heard... 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Back home from our off grid camping trip. It was fun. Skeeters we're thick as pea soup. 57 here this morning and raining. Had .32" of when when we got home yesterday afternoon and now we got another inch over night. We are thinking we may have to add more rock to our shoreline. When the strong east winds come the waves go over the top of the rocks and into the grass. Worried that it will start washing the bank out if it gets over the rock to many times. It is amazing how high the lake is and it is still rising. We have today off and are heading to Grand Forks. It is the last day for the DIL's cancer treatment. So going to have dinner with them to celebrate. Well you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought a pontoon boat a few years ago and none of the electrical things worked.  The wiring looked good yet so I couldn't figure it out.  Checked all of the bulbs and they were ok.  ????  I was just ready to start rewiring the whole thing and then I decided to check the fuse block where everything was plugged into.  Here they were all plugged in wrong.  The owner of the boat died.  He had Alzheimer's and the adult kids were selling his stuff.  I think he got confused and plugged things wrong into the block. Man was I happy I didn't start cutting wires.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......cool and windy here. looks like we escaped the bad weather last nite. not sure how much rain we got....all i know is its to wet to putz in the garden!!!!!! :pouty:

think i can find a few things to do to stay out of trouble today!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, I seen it on Echo Press, but this antiquated computer won't start the video. Looked like a couple of farms.
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks Mark I'll check there.. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I figured something was going on South of me after watching a helicopter circling for ten minutes. Here’s the branch laying in the back yard.
Barry; just trying to get one of the live wells working. I’ll use the other as a bait well. Some people have no business trying to fix they stuff. This is a perfect example. What a mess, you should see the old tape and wires laying on the floor.
mm