Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4903431 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The initial course is 8 hours and 4 hour refreshers every 5 years I think after that.  I just did that a while back.  At least at home you can pause and go get another coffee or a sandwich.  Go mow the lawn and finish it tomorrow.
it's actually every 3 years they just told us. I'm not sure if the online course is the same as what we are doing, but it take me a friggin week to do it online!! :confused: pretty boring, at least it forces me to stay and there's human interaction!!.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I can see him doing that and it's 10 or 12 hours then!!!   :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: I know better!! :happy1: the less from the audience the shorter it takes!!

Was really surprised by the attendance or lack of?? Only 10 people there!!
« Last Edit: June 06/07/22, 09:36:22 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I can see him doing that and it's 10 or 12 hours then!!!   :rotflmao:
:scratch: :rolleyes: :laugh: 
:tut: :tut: I know better!! :happy1: the less from the audience the shorter it takes!!

Was really surprised by the attendance or lack of?? Only 10 people there!
 Probably a lot more doing it online, is my guess. :scratch:
« Last Edit: June 06/08/22, 05:39:34 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day here.  47 at the moment and sunny out.  Not hardly any wind that I can see.  Well we got that power line into the house fixed back to normal yesterday.  No longer a conduit above ground in the yard.  Got my shots in my back so that is starting to feel better.  The Dr. told me I have been overdoing it that is why it didn't last as long this time.  ???  What is a guy to do.  Gotta get things done.  I will try.  SO maybe trying to drag the docks to the new spot isn't such a good idea.  lol  Will just wait for the water to go down.  It is a little lower without a north or west wind blowing the lake back up the river.  SO Dutch.  Isn't the road to Fort Frances on that dam over there?  Or is it beside the dam.  Is that road under water too?  I have friends that just bought a cabin on Rainy Lake last year.  I've never seen it but I bet they are having problems too.  I also wondered if the golf course along the river is flooded too?  Well we are high and dry so that's a good thing.  Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I googled it, I see the road is not on top of the dam.  It must be higher than the dam I reckon.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 here and heading for 68. Certainly does look like a nice day out there. Makes it hard to come to work when the sun is already up and the weather is nice. LPS hook onto the dock with the ranger and let that do the work. Going to be a couple of months before the water levels get low enough for you to put dock out otherwise. Not much else here. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy "hump day" another dandy morning out the door,58 degrees,mostly sunny,zero wind

might wet a line soon.

Watch some news last night,like usual gloom n doom...our treasury gal "yeller"  what a train wreck,scary old senial people are heading up our government,this lady is clueless,God help us.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 here and going to 73 today..  another nice looking day!!  going to make a resupply run today but going to Brainerd and Little Falls today.. change things up some!!!  for me it the same miles as going to St Cloud from here...  see some thing different!!  have a good day all!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 53* for our start & I'm seein 72* for the high. Well, the adjuster was here before 8 yday & gone by 9. He's an independent adjuster from the East Davenport, Illinois that was in DR on Monday looking at all the damage from the Memorial Day storm. Seemed like a real nice guy, but definitely NOT a fan of our mosquitos. He told us it's normally 7-10 days before he can put together his estimate on the damage. So, don't expect anything from the insurance company until after that. Headed for GR today as we need a few things. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
LPS, my wife and I have taken the in person course many times and last year we did the online course. In person courses are hit and miss depending on the instructor (more like a facilitator). I thought the online course was much better for content and presentation. I would recommend the online course over in person. 

Gunner55, I had an out-of-town adjuster come to my house last Thursday June 2nd. Yesterday (5 days since he was here), I had money from the insurance company deposited into my checking account.  This may sound fast but actually it was faster after hail damage in 2011. That time an out of state (but from same insurance company) adjuster sat in his truck for about half hour after inspecting the damage and then gave me with a check for over $30,000 and was on his way.     
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........looks nice out  :happy1: :happy1: do some finishing touches around here before i head north on friday morning!!!!!! already loaded my arsenal of bug juices!!!!! cut the lawn, tweek the garden, gather a few more cabin things!!!!!!

Mike....they throw out out of st cloud!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Gunner.....i hope you opened up that Illinois guys car door and let him take some skeeters back with him!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: Ya know......that Minnesota nice thing!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........looks nice out  :happy1: :happy1: do some finishing touches around here before i head north on friday morning!!!!!! already loaded my arsenal of bug juices!!!!! cut the lawn, tweek the garden, gather a few more cabin things!!!!!!

Mike....they throw out out of st cloud!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Gunner.....i hope you opened up that Illinois guys car door and let him take some skeeters back with him!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: Ya know......that Minnesota nice thing!!!!!! :happy1:

what are you saying you were thrown out of St Cloud???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  less shootings up north too!!!    :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

what are you saying you were thrown out of St Cloud???    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  less shootings up north too!!!    :happy1:
:rotflmao: nope not yet!!!!!!!! :tut:

so???? when in little falls do you stop at Thelens meats????? i've always kinda wanted to but never have. my brother has a buddy that always stops at the one in Pierz, man they got good sticks there. i was always under the impression that they were one and the same but was told there not.

apparently the one in little falls is owned by relatives of the ones in Pierz, and there stuff isnt near as good as the stuff from Pierz!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup been to both, and both have good stuff..  the one in Pierz has a brick smoke house if I remember..   it was 2 brothers who went different ways..  not cheap there but good stuff over all...   

checking Costco out and then Aldi's in L F...  then maybe the meat locker!!!   

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Thelen's world famous bacon is the bomb.  Seriously, get some.

My other fav is the elk sausage - usually in the frozen case.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
from which one Steve-o?  had plenty from LF.  just not the other one..

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 59 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. We got peckered out of the rain last nite. All went south after some off and on lite scattered showers during the daytime. We can water stuff but that gets old in a hurry. Gmail & Outlook still not in sync. They fixed the problem last week, they can fix it again. Don't have time to dick with it. Riding more soybean fields today. Found some that got sawed off by the blowing dirt. Not bad enough to replant but it thinned them down some. Better get at it. These things don't do themselves.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from the grocery store.  The lady that checked me out was talking about prices.  I said well gas tops it all.  She comes across from Canada.  She said compared to their prices she is glad to see ours.  Really?  There it is $2.05 per liter.  SO that is about $7.50? a gallon.  Yikes. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed on Thielens. Been to both many times, but prefer Pierz. Stop in every time Iā€™m in the area. Best jerky and sticks plus good smoked fish and roasts.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
from which one Steve-o?  had plenty from LF.  just not the other one..
Little Falls is where I've stopped most recently.  It has been years since I've been thru Pierz to stop at the shop  - back when Dorthey (the mom) was still alive.

My guess is the bacon cure recipe is the same between the two, but perhaps you get different results from different smoke houses - not sure.

P.S.  My other favorite meat market in the state is Schmidt's in Nicollet.  They really put the smoke in smoked meats.  Their bacon is much smokier than Thelen's but just as good in its own way.  Schmidt's also has a signature Raspberry Chipotle Bacon, which sounds gimmicky, but is also good.

https://schmidtsmeatmarket.com/

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Plantenbergs in Richmond does a really good job of smoked meats also!!! :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Stop at the littles falls one too. Like their stuff. That is where we get the seasoning mix to make our polish sausage. Good shtuff!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
got ya Steve, yes they all have their personnel best stuff!!   been to Nicollet too!!  but it has many years since I have been to Mankato...  in Sartell Manea's is good too!!   Miltona meats is good, Garfield locker is good, there are so many I go to!!!    :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well costco is Baxter is way different than St. Cloud!!!  still the same but different...  I'll have to go back there again...   :happy1: :happy1:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
LPS let me know if you want help with the dock. I can roll over Friday or Saturday. Watching the news I see some world problems we could solve at the same time.
TIP line: ā€‹ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS let me know if you want help with the dock. I can roll over Friday or Saturday. Watching the news I see some world problems we could solve at the same time.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'd be more worried you 2 would create more problems then solve!!!🤭 :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Well for balance you could come up if you promise not to bring beer. There's enough water up here as it is.     ;)
TIP line: ā€‹ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Well for balance you could come up if you promise not to bring beer. There's enough water up here as it is.     ;)

now that's funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I've been missing the fun going on here.  Mowed the lawn and it was so dusty in the woods by the camper I could hardly breath.  Last mowing parts of the yard were too wet to mow.  What a difference.  First time I could mow the whole yard.  I see Sat we are predicted to get .3" of rain and a little shot on Sun.  Right now the river is at the level on a fairly calm day as it was last week when we had a north wind so it is still coming up some.  If I get serious about this dock thing I will give you a call Dutch.  Glenn you too, I hope you have a big cooler.  LOL