Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902157 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well for balance you could come up if you promise not to bring beer. There's enough water up here as it is.     ;)

now that's funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
awe you stay outta it!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LPS, I'll be at the cabin so I won't have reception!!! :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think he gets texts there though.   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Well for balance you could come up if you promise not to bring beer. There's enough water up here as it is.     ;)

:huh: You can call me, LPS :rolleyes:........................... so I can call him, his phone seems to work all the time :scratch: when I call. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:
« Last Edit: June 06/09/22, 05:57:00 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice morning here.  I see still 84% chance of rain Sat but the amount is now down to .06" and about the same on Sun so no big deal. Temp in the high 70's so may be humid.  It has been real dry here lately.  Hey good idea Gunner, we have his number now.  LOL  My electrician is showing up tomorrow to finish up his rewiring of furnace and off peak stuff that he said wouldn't even have passed any inspections.  He is kind of retired and moves slow but sure knows his stuff.  Good guy.  Makes me feel good to get this all up to snuff.  Gonna finish mowing today and mayhaps put down some grass seed by the power pole.  The grass on the drain field mound is thin so thought of putting some there too.  I guess just put it on and don't mow it for while and hope it takes huh???  Any advice welcome.  I got some good shade and sun stuff this time.  It is shady there most of the day.  Will try to water it some too.  Well you all have a good day.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,another dandy one at that,plus above ground ...got that goin for me today,hope is is well for youse guyz.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 50 here and heading for 68. Like LPS said we have been rain free for over a week up here. Letting things dry up some is a good thing. Read the control board notice last night and it said we a currently at 1063. That is 1 foot away from the record set in July 1950. Said it is expected to rise 2-3" in the next 7 days. Of course rain in the region can change that. Until Rainy lake and the others over there start coming down I think we will keep slowly rising. It does say the crest for LOW is expected in a couple of weeks unless we get a bunch of rain. I sprayed for the wonderful yellow yard flowers last night and then broke out the glysophate and went after some other weeds. After work yesterday I stopped and filled up 2 cans of diesel and 1 can of premo gas and it was over $90.00. Just crazy sad. Guess it is a good thing we don't have the boat back yet. Keeps me from wanting to use it that way. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have you been by Morris Point lately JB?  I was 2 weeks ago and that middle area was a pond but there roads were still dry.  Barely though.  Inches away from being under water.  I heard water was up on the wheels of a camper or something like that the other day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and lookin for 77 today..  yup I need to mow too..  seems like the yellow stuff mostly this year!!!  got a few other things I plan to get done today too..  most all out side too!!   not much going on other wise so have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We were actually by there on Saturday. The camper was actually being pulled out by a tractor as we went by. The water was over the floor on the outside. Norris Point was sand bagging and there were places along Graceton that were sand bagging too. Also places on Zipple were sand bagging. Zipple resort was too. Cyrus has been for awhile now. The water was over the road along the west branch of Zipple bay. Pretty amazing the amount of water.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 50* here @ 1st peek & it appears we'll top out ~ 75*. Pretty busy in GR again yday, we were back out here by 1:15 so I had time to do a little more mowing. Got 1 small patch left but it doesn't grow there very well so it may get a rest this time. Quite a few rigs headed north early & the bait shop in DR was busy on our way home too. Kind of breezy late yday here so I never made it out :fishing:, hope to change that today. 'Bout it here, hopin you enjoy your Thursday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:huh: You can call me, LPS :rolleyes:........................... so I can call him, his phone seems to work all the time :scratch: when I call. ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:                :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:
:scratch: If he won't answer, I can always drive up there too. :sleazy: :evil:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Perfect he can run but he can't hide from us.   :happy1: :happy1:  Thanks.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We were actually by there on Saturday. The camper was actually being pulled out by a tractor as we went by. The water was over the floor on the outside. Norris Point was sand bagging and there were places along Graceton that were sand bagging too. Also places on Zipple were sand bagging. Zipple resort was too. Cyrus has been for awhile now. The water was over the road along the west branch of Zipple bay. Pretty amazing the amount of water.
over the floor of your camper!???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone else's camper Mike.  Maybe I already mentioned this.  One of the County guys told me Cyrus Resort had to have Lavalla Contracting build an $80,000 dike to keep the bay from getting to their lodge.  I wonder if that includes taking it out when the water goes down?  That must have filled their parking lot.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still crazy!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Absolutely gorgeous day. Farmers should be able to get their corn spraying done. A little early yet on most beans so gives us a chance to slide thru them first to see what's going on as far as weeds, disease and stand counts. Saw more damage from blowing soil yesterday but not as much as the day before. Stuff will really take off with this warm up. Could use some rain but getting this corn rooted down early on when it's a little dry is never a bad thing. Best get at it again. See what we see.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Absolutely gorgeous day. Farmers should be able to get their corn spraying done. A little early yet on most beans so gives us a chance to slide thru them first to see what's going on as far as weeds, disease and stand counts. Saw more damage from blowing soil yesterday but not as much as the day before. Stuff will really take off with this warm up. Could use some rain but getting this corn rooted down early on when it's a little dry is never a bad thing. Best get at it again. See what we see.

Dotch,

I for one enjoy your read on our farming practices as we progress into our growing season,thanx for the insight.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Someone else's camper Mike.  Maybe I already mentioned this.  One of the County guys told me Cyrus Resort had to have Lavalla Contracting build an $80,000 dike to keep the bay from getting to their lodge.  I wonder if that includes taking it out when the water goes down?  That must have filled their parking lot.
I heard Lavalla had to build up the harbor at Long Point also as the water was coming over the top of it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is a really nice harbor they have there. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: gunner better know all the different lakes I could potentially be on!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Afternoon fellers, busy morning 3 ladies didn't show up for shelf stocking this morning so busy as all get out. :pouty: I did drop my jaw to the floor this morning. :hubba: a perfect 12 came in. Tall slim perfectly porportioned and blonde. For a bit I lost all concentration!! :sleazy:

Putting the final touches on getting my goodies together for hitting the road in the morning. First another 4 boring hours of defense driving. :confused:

I did learn something Tuesday night  :happy1: this class is a direct result of a program called TZD, towards zero deaths. Some of the new road designs and road signs are part of the program.
« Last Edit: June 06/09/22, 01:44:57 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO you are paying attention.  You didn't slip on your drool did you.  Just read the paper and only one person showed up to volunteer to make sand bags.  They have a machine here and also borrowed one from Polk County expecting a big turn out.  They obviously have no idea what they are doing though.  You have to be 18 to volunteer.  So by then you should have a job or you are lazy and getting high in your Mom's basement.  They completely eliminated the best workforce, the kids on summer break.  Koochiching had school busses bring kids out to help.  They filled pallets with bags and then were loaded on trucks to transport where needed.  I am sure their absent minded excuse is liability.  Just have the kids sign a waiver when they show up.  They would be working with friends and get to do something very worthwhile.  Too bad whoever made the 18 call doesn't have any faith in our youth.  Pretty sad. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree LPS, back years ago every one kicked in!!!!   school let out to help!!!!!   

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think there are 50 national guard people here divided between I-Falls & Kab. sandbagging.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: gunner better know all the different lakes I could potentially be on!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Afternoon fellers, busy morning 3 ladies didn't show up for shelf stocking this morning so busy as all get out. :pouty: I did drop my jaw to the floor this morning. :hubba: a perfect 12 came in. Tall slim perfectly porportioned and blonde. For a bit I lost all concentration!! :sleazy:

Putting the final touches on getting my goodies together for hitting the road in the morning. First another 4 boring hours of defense driving. :confused:

I did learn something Tuesday night  :happy1: this class is a direct result of a program called TZD, towards zero deaths. Some of the new road designs and road signs are part of the program.
I know where you'll be about 7 or 8 every morning, still havin coffee. :tut:  :mooning:             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In high school my buddies and I would have been all over that.  And the girls would too.  Would have had fun and been proud to get a lot done.  Why eliminate that crowd.  Its' the best group you could get. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I done been edjimacated and a graduit of old fogies drivin class!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Pretty much got things loaded, some food and clothes and the big white doofus of a dog and I'll be off. :happy1:

No worries the beer is already on ice and in da truck!!👍

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
If the beer’s in the truck will you still have room for that other swill you drink?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't drink GB!!! :rotflmao: I got good beer!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers... Time to get at it!!! :sleazy: :happy1: