Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4947424 times)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
       Good morning.  Might be a good day to do a little fishing. Thursday, I caught my first ever Lura Lake (Faribault County) Northern.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Have a good weekend Glenn. Remember if you run low on water you can always use your beer to make your Oatmeal. The high water content, lack of alcohol & zero taste makes it perfect to cook with.   :rotflmao:

Oh, it's also good for making sure the campfire is out. As we know water puts out fires.  ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents,another beauty for the books,59 gegrees out the door,looks like rain to the southwest,air feels a might heavy,guessing dew pt is rising.

Good safe weekend to all,iffin you can afford to travel!

FJB.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning Boys. TGIF, 50 and heading for 68 today. Another nice day. The lake has been come almost every day this week. Crazy. The barometer has been steady for a week also. Can't say I have seen that before. Fishing should be good. I may actually believe the tourism fishing report this week. Have fun down south Glenn  ;) :rotflmao:. Don't let the skeeters carry you away. Going to head over to I-Falls tomorrow to pick up a couple items I had to order. Then may swing down to Bemidji. Well just one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Little Lake of the Woods sunrise.

Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin al, great picture JB!!!  got some light rain this morning..  oh well we can use some good slow stuff, no piss pounding!!!!   got more done outside yesterday and will finish the trimming today...  always some thing!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 54* starting out & the mid-70's will be the high again today. Got a few things done yday including the last of this round of mowing along with a little fishing last night. The action was slow, but the weather was great. Some rain around too but it doesn't look like we'll get much today. Got 2-3 things to start the day & will go from there. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just want to thank all of you who have supported me through some difficult times. Mom's talents were many but her kindness and love were unsurpassed. I aspire to move my life in that direction.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like a real good lady...   

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for you Roony.  She made you what you are.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Cut up the two branches (finally) that came down in the yard. Had 7 buckets full of rounds on the Kubota. Good news is I had to only had to lift them once. That was a bunch easier than throwing them on the trailer and then throwing them off again. Also got the yard cut and shot 4 rounds of trap yesterday. Today's agenda is a run to get new mower blades, (damn rocks, caught a dandy yesterday) beer run, mail my other laptop off to get fixed, spray for skeeters and put the garden hose on the boat to be sure that works before I toss it in the lake for the first time. That's enough for a Friday. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Thinking of you roony, the days will get better, but never the same.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Late start again after filing tax stuff, sending bills and other assorted nonsense. Back out to the fields to look at more soybeans. Nothing too earthshattering yesterday other than stands being a little disappointing. Won't affect yield but it brings into question the advice some have been giving about extreme reductions in seeding rates to cut costs. Some of these cats are tripping over dollars to save dimes. 

Glad to see you're back roony. Your Mom is in a better place. I know you probably won't be heading down this direction as frequently but the door is always open especially at lunchtime. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Geez JB,you can afford a "drive about?" or did ya break out the good ole schwin?....safe travels.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't afford it . But we have to do it unfortunately. The savings is taking a hammering lately.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Glad to see you're back roony. Your Mom is in a better place. I know you probably won't be heading down this direction as frequently but the door is always open especially at lunchtime.
Thanks Mark, Remember I will always have a cold one if you are in the area. Won't be any giant tomato plants to show off this year though.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Unlikely to be any monster tomato plants here either especially if the bunnies keep it up... :fudd:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got some rain over night again...  not sure how much...  got a fair bit done yesterday and am going on with that today...   maybe even a bike ride today...  not much else going on...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 and cloudy here this morning. Trying to get the wife motivated for our road trip today. Went out and fed the birds earlier this morning. The hummingbirds were giving me the sad eye because I took their bird feeder away. So I broke down and put it back out this morning. We have been having a bear at the feeder this week. Wasn't here last night though. Hope he has ventured off, but I'm not holding my breath. Well you boys have a good. Time to go crack da whip. 😈

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 59* here & we're headed for 72*, they're sayin. Some moisture here too, but I peeked at the gauge when I was out earlier & it wasn't more than ~ .1". Got a few things done here yday too, so I may just take today off ;) :rolleyes: & go :fishing:. :laugh: Made it to the meat raffle again, no winners, but I did run into Merc. He said that as they were leavin he noticed the Ia plates on our car so he had to come back in & say hi. :happy1: :cool: It sounds like Sis & BIL are coming up tomorrow for a few days. 'Bout it here, hopin you enjoy your Saturday.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got all of my projects done yesterday and then some. Just a tad over .30" of rain here last night. Was raining nicely when I was up for 0235 bathroom break. Headed to Isanti for graduation party today is about it, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked my rain gauge and just over .6 of rain..  even have a couple spots of standing water... 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We just got back in from the camper.  Gonna have Stittsworth bacon and eggs this morning.  No rain last night even though we had a chance.  Now they are saying maybe tonight.  Obviously don't need it.  Do you have a trail cam out for that bruin JB?  Would like to see it.  We are just going to putz around the place today.  A buddy is going to stop with two cherry tomato plants in a big pot for me to raise on the table on the deck.  I like picking them as I walk by.  Had a great fire last night.  Bugs weren't bad at all since they just sprayed again.  Sure helps.  Well have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .02" of rain overnite at the ranch & suspect a similar amount in Bugtussle. Rain on the radar but it's hit and miss, mostly miss here. Heading to Spring Valley for a gathering for a friend who's dying from cancer. Only has a few months to live so better make that one. Also have a graduation there that the wife plopped in my lap at the last minute. She's really scoring big points lately.  :angry: She's getting ready for one of her sheep shows in MO. Leaves tomorrow so will be left to my own devices for most of a week. Be able to shoot bunnies & gophers out of the windows to my hearts content! 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is the place for info on our water situation.  http://www.lwcb.ca/waterflowdata.html

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples,  got up to the sound of rain here also, on the water by 6 this morning then the rain stopped.  Put 4 nice eyes and a dandy crappie in the well in an hour, let a little guy and a 22" er go free. Got back did a little yard work and thinking a nap might just hit the spot after lunch. The wife and whipper snapper wanna go find some panfish later so I just might do that if we get some cloud cover... See ya!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
55 degrees and sunny this morning in International Falls. Yesterday was a beauty of a day. Mowed some grass and made some portable bird feeder stands. Trying a piece of PVC pipe to deter those squirrels. Maybe it will work, maybe not. Wanted to take the trike over to Baudette but never got around to it. Maybe today.

Have a great day.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here and yes a very nice day yesterday..  even got a few things done around here!!  and managed a bike ride too..  not sure what I all have going on today..  want to spray some weed be gone might have wait until later in the week..  don't want it to rain and and not work..   have a good day all!!   :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 54* here & movin towards 71*. Did a little mowing & most of my trimming yday, even had time to wet a line a couple times too. A slight chance of some afternoon showers here but our best shot is after midnight. Sis should be in DR by about now so I expect to see 'em in about an hour. No more now, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning here.  Just clouded up.  Some chance of rain but not a lot.  Well the wife and I got the dock set up yesterday on a hill in Bayou Bailey.  LOL  It went real well.  The dogs loved it and we all got wet.  Thanks for chest waders though.  The wife's boots filled up with water so that made it even more fun.  Now to get the boat cleaned up and ready to go.  Just saw a fox trotting into the spruces.  She was in no big hurry.  Nice to see her.  Gonna put some grass seed down on the mound this morning.  Mowed yesterday too but have some left to do.  Good Twins game last night.  After that we had a fire.  You all have a great day.

The river is off to the left and there is enough room to get my boat through the trees up to the dock.  Actually I kind of like it here.  Dutch thanks for the offer to help. 
« Last Edit: June 06/12/22, 07:22:52 AM by LPS »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Dock looks good there.

Thanks for the heads up on the weather. Just pulled up the radar, I think the trike will stay close to home today, I'm to sweet to be getting wet.   :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have dark clouds rolling in from Canada right now.  Wind from SE so that kind of means rain too.  Windy here.  Thinking soft boiled eggs and sausage patties for breakfast after coffee.