Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952456 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 this morning and windy!!!  going form 75 today and upward from there it says..  going to have to mow soon too..  all part of the game this time of the year..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 57 here and heading for 71 today. Windy day today. Luckily it will be a west to nw wind so it won't be pounding on the shoreline. Finally put some tomato and pepper plants in the ground last night. So many things to do and so little time. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have to leave at 3 for a dentist  appt. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya Snow my gas cans are about all empty so will need to fill them up.  That will hurt.  It is windy and cloudy here right now and 56.  We got just under 1/2" of rain yesterday afternoon and evening.  The trench I dug to get power, water and cable to the camper is greening in pretty good.  I need to mow the big pasture since the horses don't keep it eaten down in spots.  Will have to wait for it to dry off some.  The weekend is getting close.  Even though I am retired there is still the anticipation for the weekend.  The wife is home then so that is nice.  We will head over to the Falls and do some shopping so we can hit Menards and get some stuff.  They are still saying 99 for Sun and 100 for Mon.  YUK!   The Twins pulled it out yesterday too.  Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 61* @ 1st peek for us & I'm seein low 70's for the high. Looks like we had a little rain overnight too, but not enough to show up in our gauges. Really windy here as well. Did a little mowing yday & probably some more of that today along with a little trim work. After that, we'll see. Goin to start getting a little quieter around here today as the neighbor's wife is heading home today. Sis & BIL plan on doing the same early tomorrow too. Phone just rang so it sounds like we're gonna get our heat pump back in operation this morning. Just in time for the weekend heatwave. :happy1: :cool: No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
pulling a Dotch!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

evening fellers......stocked shelves then it was balls to the walls around home most the day!!!!!!!!! i wanna cut lawn but not with this heat they say is on its way!!!!!

watered the garden, weeded it looks picture perfect!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: think its time to go pester momma!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: :tut: :tut: That squeaking sound is back... :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Another great friday mornin for the books,60 degrees out the door,not a cloud in the sky...great start to our weekend,Happy fathers day to all.

Be safe iffin your traveling (or can afford to travel)

Oh and "FJB"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and clear blue skies also. Heading for a high of 68 today, 70s tomorrow and 90s by Sunday. Yuck. Work around the yard this weekend is my big plans. Need to get the rock finished on the shoreline, spread some black dirt and put some grass seed down. If I get lucky maybe I can wet a line too. Well, one more day in the salt mines. You boys have a good Friday.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hoping to warsh the boat today with the new pressure washer.  It really works good too.  I took a ride around the property yesterday and we had a willow tree come down in the winds.  Will have to cut that up and burn it.  Always something.  Loving this weather and not looking forward to the hot stuff.  Have a good TGIF.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh yeah. I should add washing the boat to my list. And camper too. And truck too. Might as well add the wife's car too while I am at it. Boy the list sure got longer quick.  :doah: Thanks for reminding me Barry.  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Whew!  I was worried you were going to ask me to do it.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, he still could LPS!!  nice looking day so far!!  so the plan is too do outside stuff today and enjoy the day too!!   just no big plans here so far!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 58* here when I started movin & it appears we'll hit the upper 70's later. A pretty nice NW breeze blowin already so it won't feel too hot. Went for a boat ride early & it was even a bit on the cool side. It took 'em about an hour to get the heat pump working again as the fan & ECM were a different brand so the wiring wasn't the same. I finished my mowing & trim work yday too. I need to set up my storage deck down at the lake, so I have a spot to leave the gas cart. That's about it on my list though, hopin you enjoy your Friday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......hit the ground running.......momma bought 3 slabs of salmon at costco yesterday, so that hit the brine this morning, smiking it sunday morning!!!!!!!!

goal for today is to finish cleaning up all them f@#$%% maple helicopters......i'll have a yard waste barrel full when i'm done!!!!! :doofus: :rotflmao: then i see a  :campfire: and  :toast: afternoon/evening!!!!! :happy1: putz in the garden stuff too!!!!

YUP all you DADA out there have a good fathers day weekend. :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Mrs. Cheviot comes home today so better get the skidsteer out to clean the house. Been picking at cleaning up the windbreak out while she's been gone. The sheep have been happy, munching the boxelder, soft maple, mulberry, ash and the occasional buckthorn as fast as I can cut them. They've really done a number chewing off the saplings too. The nice thing is I can cut the trees off and not worry about spraying or painting the stumps. The sheep will eat the regrowth as fast as it shows up. Got my BTT50's registration material yesterday. Tired me out chaperoning a bunch of geezers. Needed a nap when I got back! 😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds fun Dotch! Me, I'm enjoying a cloudless afternoon without a care in the world sitting patio side with the hound after a stressfilled week. You can call but I ain't answering...See ya!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I warshed the boat and got er in the water.  I like the dock in the bayou.  Birds are chirping in the trees and is nice a calm in there.  Sure hope they don't poop on my boat though.  When the wife gets home we may go for an exploratory idle up the river to see our friends water situations.  Feel great to be on the river.  That 115 Merc is so quiet.  Love it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, another great looking morning!!!  got the weed b gone sprayed before lunch yesterday and it was working last night already..  got a few other things done out side too..  got the new up and ready to cook!!  now to see what will my first meal from it!!  62 here and sounds like 86 today..  but wait for it, tomorrow is the heat wave again..  AC again..   have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  What Mike? You did get a new grill?  Fun!  So I see tomorrow will be 95-99 and the low that night will be 80!!!  Then 100 on Monday.  I sprayed glyphosate last week and sprayed some burdock with it since I was in progress.  I usually use 24D for that and it kills them pronto.  They still aren't dying yet from the glyphosate.  I wonder if it will do them in eventually?  Dotch?  Well we are headed to the Falls today to get some stuff.  Always need more stuff.  May hit Menards too.  Hoping they have some stuff in their garden center yet.  I need a new batch of cukes.  Mine aren't looking too good.  May have got a whiff of the glyphosate on them.  Looks like a chance of some storms here this afternoon.  We have a good sized dead elm along the driveway that the local pileated is attacking at the bottom of it.  I want to knock it down towards the pasture to turn it into firewood.  Don't want it falling in the driveway.  Will get that when we get home.  Well have a great Saturday.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes I did, got it last Wed. when I went to Runnings...    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58* for us & the mid-70's will be our high. Kind of windy again & I see there's a chance for some rain ~ noon today. Went out :fishing: early & found a small slimer along with a little perch willin. Run into a problem with my storage area down at the lake yday so I'll be starting there again today. Not much else new here, have a great day!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 65 here at the moment,  the pooch got us up early for a 2 mile stroll now I think it's time for some coffee.    Probably cut some grass after a bit, then we're gonna wash windows and the house. Other than that , just a goof off kinda day... See ya!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and heading for 70s today. Warm up is tomorrow. Lots o projects for today. Best to have some coffee and figure out which one to do first. Se wind today so a good chop coming into shore. Have a good one boys.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........knocked off a bunch off the honey doo list yesterday. got a few more today. priority will be water on the garden. i too need to hit a few stores in st cloud, not sure if its today or tomorrow!!! :scratch:

LPS, i notice that with different things to. seems like it takes a day or 2 before you notice roundup is working, the lawn weed killer i notice in 4-6 hours!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I placed my old grill at the end of the drive way last night about 6pm..  still there at 930 this morning...   took out by the cty road and by 1030 it was gone!!!  hasn't failed yet doing that!!!!     :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I placed my old grill at the end of the drive way last night about 6pm..  still there at 930 this morning...   took out by the cty road and by 1030 it was gone!!!  hasn't failed yet doing that!!!!     :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :scratch: :doah: Sooo... Someone else got your problem??? :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yuppers!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1: :laughroll:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We have a metal scrapper down the road from us so anything metallic he takes.  Back from the Falls.  Really stocked up on meat.  Got most of it vacuum packed and in the deep freeze.  Really like our local store but fun to go elsewhere for deals too.  They have what they call Butcher's blend. It is half pork and half beef.  I got about 10 lbs of it and will turn it all into burgers tomorrow.  They had some absolutely awesome beef ribs too.  2" thick with all of the meat on them.  3 lb chunks.  Got 2 should have gotten more.  Don't see them very often.  Had no lamb though.  Would have bought some of that in honor of our sheep guy if they had it.  The wife let me be unsupervised in the meat dept.  LOL  I love when that happens.  She is getting better all of the time.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:  LOL  SO it was 60 when we left this morning with a forecast of 76 I think.  Well it is 61 now and sprinkling and windy as heck.  It is cold out.  Turned the furnace on.