Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900556 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday I had a great day working the MDHA boot at the State High School Trap Championship in Alexandria. It's always fun to talk to the many young kids at the event. It's really nice to see just how many are also into deer hunting and hunting in general. They are all willing to talk about their hunting experiences, where they hunt and just general outdoor activities they are interested in. markn, stopped by the MDHA boot a couple times to check on us and to take a break from his Range Officer duties at the shoot. Thanks to him and the many others involved the shoot went on without a hitch even though it was hot and windy.  Again it's great to see and meet the many kids from all over the state that are involved with the Minnesota State High School Trap League. This sport is a real gateway for many to get a good start in many of the outdoor activities available in Minnesota.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Only got a half inch of rain but man did it perk up the garden and lawn!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You guys up north get all the rain and fun storms... :pouty:

Mornin' gang! 79 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. No rain at the ranch but a dab in Bugtussle, .01". Thought I saw water in some of the rumble strips on the way to town. Was toasty here yesterday. Saw 98 on the pickup thermometer & an even 100 at the ranch. Much more comfortable today. Had to shift gears on hay baling. Hiring a different neighbor to bale it as the usual guy's pto is going out on his 1486. May see if this other guy will do the 2nd and 3rd cuttings too. He lives closer and will probably wind up haying those parcels when I decide to call it quits. He's my local tractor mechanic too and enjoys working on my old crap. Got to make a print deadline so best get at it. Ciao!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL LP.... glenn forgot the banana's.... great time of year for fruit when it's to hot to bbq or fire up the oven.
oh we eat plenty of them year round!!!!!!!! :happy1: thats not mentioning my garden goodies....carrots kalarabi green beans, tomatoes, cukes.

in the winter months i still eat plenty of that stuff,  radishes, celery califlower..............

i'm a walking billboard of healthy eating!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: Buttered Noodles??????? :confused:                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL LP.... glenn forgot the banana's.... great time of year for fruit when it's to hot to bbq or fire up the oven.
oh we eat plenty of them year round!!!!!!!! :happy1: thats not mentioning my garden goodies....carrots kalarabi green beans, tomatoes, cukes.

in the winter months i still eat plenty of that stuff,  radishes, celery califlower..............

i'm a walking billboard of healthy eating!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah: Buttered Noodles??????? :confused:                 ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:mooning: yep, and I'm having ramen noodles wit country style snausage tonight. There will be a veggie of some sort however!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

OK, now that watered down beer you like makes sense.   :happy1:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin Gents ,another "Hump day" in the books,beautiful sunny morning out the door,65degrees,white bear lake looked like glass,water ski type morning.

Hope all effected by storm damage got yard detail done.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 and very nice outside!!!   going ot about 82 and way less wind today today too..  going to Alex this morning and get a few things.. get the bike out later today too..  got the yard mowed and it's looking better now too..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here and heading for mid 70s today. Got a few short blast of rain after I got home last night. amounted to .1" of rain. Nice and clear out this morning. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a "checker" of a day today. Appears I'll get in some tractor time today cleaning up branches that came down Monday night. Maybe should mow after that. Then headed to deer camp tomorrow for the weekend. I've got two guys stopping by tomorrow to give us a quote to re-shingle the schoolhouse. High school trap shoot is over for another year, thanks again deadeye and crew for helping out, and i did learn one cool piece of information. We were told at the opening ceremonies that since the inception of this sport 220,000 kids have shot over 100,000,000 league targets, (this doesn't include their practice targets or ATA targets), without one injury. Feel free to pass that tidbit along to your gun hating SIL if you'd like. Gotta go, later...... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I wrote earlier but forgot to hit post.  LOL  Got some mowing done yesterday and will mow more in the pasture once it dries up some today.  Just a beautiful morning.  Was 49 earlier.  Felt like an early fall day.  Too soon for that though. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
markn,

great statsand great we have so many young egar trap shooters,my home club alone has  or had over 300 high schooler's alone,last years # ,this year may be down some due to ammo availibity and costs.

Almost 30 years ago when I/we got serious about trap shooting,my company sponsored our league,first night on the range after work as I drove in to the range parking lot which was full of shooter's,I noticed many teams grilling off truck tailgates,some having a beer after they're rounds....never had one mishap or injury other than an occassional trap house having a patterned check from a shooter with a "release trigger",decided this is my sport.,ammo and rounds were cheap thankgoodness,$3/box of 12ga ,$5for a round of targets.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A few sprinkles yesterday afternoon but otherwise no rain. Hay all baled and safely home in the yard. I like having neighbor Jon bale for me. No BS, just gets it done. I was wondering once he got it baled how I was gonna get it home. When I came home about 2 p.m., here he was with all 10 round bales on his carrier unloading & putting them in a row for me. After he was done, he agreed to make the 2nd cutting too (if there is one) so that was a relief. He also told me he had the kit to rebuild the cylinders on my skidsteer so I'll need to get that down to him. Think there needs to be a trip to FF to get him a hundo's worth on a gift card. He really saved my bacon. Having neighbors like that are worth their weight in gold.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You always get all the good neighbors.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......should get the rest of my homey doo list crossed off today. oh there will be another one!!!!! :pouty: :doah: udder den dat have a good day fellers!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's scary LPS!!   hope the best for those folks!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man can you imagine the gallons of water it takes to do that!!! :crazy: holy Hannah!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep it is crazy the amount of water. Where I was standing on sand beach last year is over my head this year.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, such a nice day that I've spent most all of it in the boat or on a mower. Got 75*here at the moment, light wind, & low humidity. :happy1:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, such a nice day that I've spent most all of it in the boat or on a mower. Got 75*here at the moment, light wind, & low humidity. :happy1:
gunner, have the skeeters settled down any???

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mowed in the pasture most of the day.  The horses don't eat it all and some was almost 2' tall.  I have to creep through those spots but I have 3/4 of it done.  Finally the sun chased me inside.  Needed a break from the sun but it is a beautiful day.  Will finish it tomorrow.  Gonna have steak fajitas for supper.  The wife made a fruit thing for work with melon, grapes etc.  I hope she brings a lot of it home with her.   :sleazy:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I know you didn’t ask me, but for what it’s worth they’re still around at my place, but not nearly as ferocious  as they were a week or two ago.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know you didn’t ask me, but for what it’s worth they’re still around at my place, but not nearly as ferocious  as they were a week or two ago.
:rotflmao: I fergot you are up that way.

Thanks, gunners probably over in Inger anyways!!!🤭 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We may have to have a MNO bash at Inger sometime for the meat raffle.   :sleazy:  A beautiful 61 degree morning here.  There is a breeze too.  I will try to get the pasture done this morning before it gets too hot.  I see the dock I sprayed with glyphosate is dying finally.  Sure takes a lot longer than 24D.  I have some red spuds I want to use up to they are in the pan to boil up for a small batch of potato salad.  I over cooked them the last time so I will keep a closer watch on this batch.  A buddy is giving me what he thinks is a squash plant.  I am just going to dig a chunk of sod out and put the plant in right along the fence line to the pasture and see if it grows.  Gonna be 90 ish today so need to get my work done early.  Later boys.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good mornin Gents,

Agreed LP another fine summer morning here as well 65 degrees out the door,let my pup out first thing this morning and noticed my back steps was moving,had to take a second take,mass migration on little brown "sweet ants" as my mother called them.,some with wings,hopefully they won't find they're way in the house,gotta pick up some bug killer this morning once our feedmill opens.

later,

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here this morning and it feels very nice..  up to 91 here too today..  yuk!!  I did get a bike ride in yesterday and that was fun..  road construction is going on every where!!  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and going to the upper 80s today they claim. Last night I changed out the window lift motor in the drivers door of my blazer. Wasn't working the best anymore. Glad to have that working properly again. Still some skeeters around our place. Lots of them on the screens this AM. They looked smaller like they were a fresh hatch.  :angry2: It was a nice night last night. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.