Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902593 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 61* here & shootin for 90* here too. Got most all my outside stuff done yday, so it may just mainly be a soak up the AC day here. Oh & glenn  :pouty:................... :tut: :mooning:!! The skeets have gotten a lot better here as I think the weekend's heat hurt 'em a little but we sprayed Tuesday too. The neighbor has a Stihl backpack sprayer & some chemicals that work really good. We ordered some chems for both of us so he sprayed for us. The skeets disappeared within minutes in the garage afterwards.  :happy1:  He says it's normally good for about a month. :cool: Have a good day, boys.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
What happened to the deer flies? Normally they start shortly after Memorial Day and attack until the middle of August. Yesterday at the land I didn't see or feel a single one. I hope this doesn't mean that once they show up, they will be around until September.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
be careful for ya ask for!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Another beautimous morning. Spraying continues to be the order of the day altho we still have several guys who think they want to wait. These are the same guys who will call after two weeks of wind &/or rain then wonder what to do when the weeds are two feet tall, then get mad when they don't die. :rolleyes: Lotsa little brush fires to put out today including seeing what happened to the fertilizer & spreader I was supposed to get for my hay ground. Like to get it put on before it decides to rain. Never a dull moment.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 and looking for 90 again today..  and some wind again..  man did Sartell get the rain over night!!!   over 5 inches there... yikes!!!  the river is going up again!! close to 4 inches in St. Cloud!!   woke up about 3am and looked out the kitchen window and I could lots of lighting to the NW of here...  not sure what I have going on for sure today..  but I am going to enjoy the outside for the most part..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 72 here and heading for 80 something with some storms moving in I have heard. Could see lightning across the lake this morning. Going to go out for supper tonight. Thinking Sportsmans Lodge maybe. Da wife and I are celebrating 28 years of wedded bliss today. Boy time sure does fly by. Tomorrow we are headed down to da BIL's in Detroit Lakes to help them get ready for the celebration of life for the dad over the fourth. About it from here. Just need to fight thru another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to you and the better half JB!!!   have a great time out tonight!!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Congrats JB.  We haven't gone out to eat there for a long time and we are due.  Fun place.  Tomorrow we are going to a Celebration of Life for the wife's BIL who died last winter.  It will be at the park by the big loon at Vergas.  Still a little to mow in the pasture.  Man it gets hot on the Grizzly mowing out there so want to get it done today.  I'm all scratched up from going between the spruces out there.  They are really getting big.  I found the biggest tree spade in the area about 15 years ago and had them moved in from the neighbors.  39 of them I think.  I got a new thermometer JB so curious to see how well it works.  The old one will go in the fishhouse.  It is over 20 years old.  Well you all have a good one.  My boiled eggs are ready. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 65* last I looked & they're sayin 87* will be the high. We had a few clouds & a light breeze early so I went for a boat ride already. Seen some lightning off to the west & it looked kinda dark up JB's way. I had 3-4 good bites but they just wouldn't take it. Rain late morning & again tonight until early tomorrow is what the hourly says. Wind along with .75"-1", possible. No more now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers  :happy1: :happy1:

CONGRATS JB............

heard alot of rumbling last night and this morning.......didnt get crap for rain!!!!!! :pouty: 5 inches in sartell?????? man i'm not that far away!!!!!!got up and walked outside to see how much rain we might of had. it was 66 on the thermometer so i put the fan in the patio door and put it on high. dropped the temp in the house 5 degrees in now time!!!!! back to AC soon i suppose!!!!!!

think i'm going to water some of the garden this am since it didnt rain and hope for the best later today!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats JB! At least you missed the hail Glenn. Heard there was devastating hail up towards Cloudytown.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats JB! At least you missed the hail Glenn. Heard there was devastating hail up towards Cloudytown.
:doah: :doah: :doah: yea i dont need that stuff!!!!!!1

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. When I get this coffee down my gullet, I'd better get on my horse and grab a fertilizer spreader. Could've done it yesterday but thru some miscommunication, it was sitting in their lot most of the day & didn't get delivered to my place. As long as I can get it spread ahead of the rain that's all that counts. Try to get it done here before lunch so I can get it back to the plant in case someone else needs it this afternoon. Rain sounds significant for a change too altho we don't need any of that 5" stuff. Prolly get some small squares over the weekend as well as do some maintenance on the mower & Gator, maybe mow lawn if it dries off Sunday. Pretty dusty right now.  Have a good 'un! 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Boys!  :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats JB! Got in a hurry this a.m. & forgot.  :embarrassed:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah: sheez, just seen a flood watch for hear and it ain't even clouded up yet??? :confused:

Who's in charge of these warnings??? Boar!🤭 :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
More conspiracies Glenn.  ;)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A guy that use to help me in the shop once on a while was convinced that the government had a weather machine in Alaska that controlled all out weather. Told him ya just can't fix stupid. He quit dropping by for some reason.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Looks like the next storm is pushing North into Canada and should stay west of I-Falls & Baudette.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had some real dark looking stuff slide by us but barely got a drop.  I think we have a chance later of some action.  Kind of a strange day.  It is 86 which should be hot to me but it isn't that bad.  Humid of course.  I must be getting acclimated to this. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Humid as hell here & 83 degree's. It has the feel of big storms, we will see.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man we had some thunder and lightning during the night.  We got almost 3/4" of rain too.  Off to the Celebration of Life for Ray today.  Gonna have lunch at Country Kitchen in Bemidji on our way.  It is an outside gig so hope it doesn't get rained out. Youse all have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 64* now & on our way to 75*. A wild light show here ~ 11:30 last night & the power went off soon after. It was out for over an hour then & is out, since ~ 6, again now. I had a nature call around 2:30 & it was pouring rain then. I found just a shade < 2" in our gauge this morning. Seeing a little blue sky now, however. Looks like we're in for a couple pretty breezy days & here it's goin NW. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: June 06/25/22, 07:51:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........if it stormed last night i missed it.  :scratch: got about a half inch of rain, the garden and lawn look happy!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

blood donation day today........ then  a  :campfire: and  :toast: this afternoon/evening. need to get in shape for a trip to the cabin!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy:

going to hit runnings as long as i'm on that end of st cloud. i want to put those white pipe markers on my boat!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and going to 75 today, much cooler..  lighting and thunder over night here too..  1.7 inches of rain in the gauge..  Randall Mn is still flooded from Thursday nights rain!!  went for about a 60 mile bike ride yesterday and seen a farmers market so I stopped..  scored a huge handful of asparagus!! not sure what all I have going on today but it will be outside!!   have a good day!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and heading for 71 today. Cloudy and gloomy this morning. We got .69" of rain here last night. It was a heck of a light show and boomers here to. Had one so close it knocked the power out. Then I realized the fan in the dining room and was still running. Here it just tripped the AFCI breaker. We decided to go to Rock Harbor for supper last night. I really like their prime rib. Well getting ready to head to DL. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels to you all LPS and JB!!  :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
69 this morning in International Falls, tops of the trees are swaying and the windchimes are playing so we have some wind. Rained overnight, puddles in the driveway again.

If it dries up some I have some weed whacking to do and clean out the truck by noon. Have some guys from Georgia flying in for a Canadian trip. I'm picking them and their gear up and bringing them to the motel. Then a flood tour and maybe a late lunch at Thunderbird or Sha Sha. It won't be a late night as the city cab hauls them across the border at 4 am tomorrow.

Ya'll stay safe and have some fun.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Sun is starting to poke through, going to get humid fast.   :pouty: