Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900683 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, safe travels JB!!  57 here and going for 79 today.. plenty humid yesterday but managed to get several things done including mowing what needed to be done...  got the new pellet smoker home yesterday and it sure is nice and very heavy!!!  got a few other things going on today so I'll just keep at it..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just read an article in the paper about last weekend when the wind was howling across the lake.  A couple were staying in a cabin at Morris Point which is right on the lake.  She woke up to let the dogs out and the water was just coming over the rocks but no big deal she thought.  They went back to bed for awhile when they heard a knock at the door.  Now the water surrounded the cabin.  They had to wade in 3' of water to get to their truck to evacuate.  When they drove away they couldn't see the road cuz it was under water.  The ditches there are deep too.  They made it out of there and then stayed at Adrian's which is on higher ground.  Unreal. We had higher water here too with that wind.  We have all kinds of debris in our bayou now.  I thought my stake marking the water level had been knocked down but when the wind went down it was still there but had been under water whilst it was blowing.  I mowed a 28 acre field yesterday in 7 hours.  Felt good.  I may rake that field tomorrow morning if all goes well.  We had a downpour about supper time last night so don't know how that will effect things.  Gonna have a fire tonight so looking forward to that.  Will sleep in the camper Sat and Sun night.  Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54* for the start of our day & goin for 74* later. Mowed a little yday & the spot down at the road looks like it could use it today. Pretty humid here early yday too but that afternoon NW wind took care of that. More NW wind comin today & that makes it pretty rough out on the lake. :rolleyes: No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice looking ride lps. too bad it isn't red :rotflmao:. Kinda looking for a part time gig like that to support some of my other bad habits, trap shooting, auctions, ect. Nice looking slab deadeye, don't miss those either. Day two at campground, beautiful looking morning, coffee is good and the dog has been out three times already. Need to go, got alot things I don't need to do today, later......... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .05" rain at the ranch & .04" in Bugtussle in the past 24 hrs. Humidity really dropped overnite. When I was grilling last nite, it was dead calm and as the old folks say, the air was "close". Heard a some thunder off to the south but that little cell missed us by several miles. Need to look at a field by Freeborn, pay some bills & get some feed. Should sit down tonite & decide what on the "to do" list is top priority over the 3-day weekend. The weather may have something to say about that but most likely not until Monday here. Those JD 7400's were nice tractors. Deere picked up on the cab forward idea in the early to mid-90's that IH used in their 86 series tractors in the late 70's & early 80's. It improved their ride to be positioned ahead of the rear axle. Rear visibility sucked w/the IH 86 series for hooking implements up to the drawbar because of the rear-mounted fuel tank. Deere solved that by putting the fuel tank down on the side with the fill cap by the step.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another beautiful morning.  46 now heading to 71 with winds 7 NW gusting to 14 so we can have a fire in the pit later on.  I am raking hay from 8-12 today.  Dotch, the 7400 is a 96' model he told me.  I think he has had it since new so is pretty nice.  He had the rake hooked up to a 5205 JD.  A nice little tractor that I would love to have. It has front wheel assist and he has a loader for it too.  His wife said why did you buy something that small when he got it but said it gets in the barns easy and is handy to have around.  Not sure if that is what I will be using or if he switched the rake to the 7400.  I will bring an extra coat just in case cuz there is no cab on the 5205.  I see they were $20,000 new and the front wheel assist ones are still worth that.  Even one without front wheel assist are about $10,000.  They are 20 years old now.  Man that would be nice but afraid to even bring it up to the wife.  LOL  May need Glenn to negotiate that one for me.  Well gonna be a camper weekend with some projects around here during the day.  Youse all have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here and looking for 77 today..  looks like we got a trace of rain a bit ago..  had a darn good day yesterday, got the 4 wheeler started so I can use it around the yard too..  not sure what kind of day I have ahead of me today so I'll just go with the day!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 52* @ 1st peek here & 73* will be the high, I hear. :scratch: Went for a boat ride after breakfast yday & got the new chute on the snowblower after that. The old 1 was damaged in the storm, 5/18, that damaged the boat shed. Mowed down by the road too. Not sure what's on today's agenda yet, either. Hopin you have a great Saturday!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 68 and comfortable now, gots back from our 2 mile stroll a bit ago. That sounds fun lps, the only tractor I have around here is a craftsman pusher powered by yours truly.  Anywho the yard looks like it can use a feeding so off to get some in a bit, it's the whipper snappers birfday so we're all going bowling this afternoon with a follow-up dinner.  Speaking of her, not sure if you guys heard about Kia, but they have a huge problem with there motors, yep sure enough she was having issues and I had to gimp it back to town, 56000 miles and the motor is junk, sooo getting the loaner car today and she'll get hers back in a month.  Anywho...see ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch Bobber
Right, as of yesterday there were 13 vehicles ahead of hers needing engine's.  Thank God for warranty..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch Bobber
Right, as of yesterday there were 13 vehicles ahead of hers needing engine's.  Thank God for warranty..

got that right!!! 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 down here in DL. Just having some coffee and thinking about making some breakfast. Then get ready for the big event. That sucks about the motor Bobber. Thankfully it has a warranty yet. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Rain in the forecast and some stuff on the radar heading this way. Hope so. Getting pooped from all the things I've done to try to make it rain! Watered a bunch of the main garden last nite, watered the bed by the well pit this a.m., filled a birdfeeder that wet weather makes a nasty mess of then tilled up the weedy area I plan on for string beans, etc. Not superstitious, no sireee bob! Heading to some friends place on Lake Francis in Elysian tonite. Need to make a run to Owatonna & get them a bottle of some kind. The lady of the house there likes Bailey's so easy call. Gin supply has taken a hit while the Mrs. has been gone so best replenish it. That way it doesn't look so bad. If it rains, I think I'll pretend I'm mikey, glenn & gunner and take a nap! 😴 Bummer on the motor boober. Excellent on the warranty as you said. Wife has always liked the Kia's she's driven thru rental car places.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Rain in the forecast and some stuff on the radar heading this way. Hope so. Getting pooped from all the things I've done to try to make it rain! Watered a bunch of the main garden last nite, watered the bed by the well pit this a.m., filled a birdfeeder that wet weather makes a nasty mess of then tilled up the weedy area I plan on for string beans, etc. Not superstitious, no sireee bob! Heading to some friends place on Lake Francis in Elysian tonite. Need to make a run to Owatonna & get them a bottle of some kind. The lady of the house there likes Bailey's so easy call. Gin supply has taken a hit while the Mrs. has been gone so best replenish it. That way it doesn't look so bad. If it rains, I think I'll pretend I'm mikey, glenn & gunner and take a nap! 😴 Bummer on the motor boober. Excellent on the warranty as you said. Wife has always liked the Kia's she's driven thru rental car places.  :happy1:

hey! I never take naps!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do almost every day after lunch.  Done working for the day and just got done with a Sub.  A nap my be in order real soon whilst the wife gets a fire going.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Everyone must be pretty busy this morning.  We had a great fire last night and cooked some brats over the fire.  Turned out great!  Always sleep good out there.  Today gonna keep attacking the downed trees here.  May take us all summer at the rate we are going.  But that is ok.  Cloudy here and 55 at the moment.  A boat ride is also in the cards today.  You all have a good one.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here and going for the low 80's today..  saying some rain too..  could use some, just not down pours!!  got more done than I planed yesterday so that was good!!!  today we will have to see but I got a few things to do..  watched some fireworks that were going off all around here last night..  same thing each year, all ways plenty to see!!  well have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Rain stayed to our north yesterday. Might have to wash the Buick today if that's the way it wants to act. Had a fun time at our friends place last nite altho I fell asleep outside in a lawn chair waiting for the fireworks to start. Need to get rolling here so I get the 3 half legs of lamb grilled for the gathering today on Beaver Lake. Should try to get a little more garden weeding done so I can start over on what I did last week. Most of it looks pretty good now so come on rain! 🙏 🌧🌩 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang it's quiet here!!!  almost miss that silly squeaky noise!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure those were real fireworks Mike?  Glenn thought Linda was over!  :sleazy:  :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You sure those were real fireworks Mike?  Glenn thought Linda was over!  :sleazy:  :happy1:
naw she was here friday night!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, thunder and lite rain this morning so far..  getting louder too!!  well I had a good day going and then about 330 I got a call from my friend and neighbor..  he was visiting relatives and one of them wants to buy a new pellet smoker..  I decided to sell the new one and keep my mine..  well he did want it cause he paid me what I asked for it..  he got a darn good deal and I made a few bucks!!  so today I'm not sure what I have going on but no naps will happen!!   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OF YOU FOLKS!!!   :USA: :USA: :party3:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 62* here & headed towards 72*. Got busy early yday & it took most of the day to catch up. Did get in some boat time & there was a bunch of others out there by ~ noon too. Some moisture comin our way as well, but not 'til around 10. No more now. Have a great 4th!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Hey good for you Mike.  Pretty hard to used two pellet stoves anyways.  We had another great day yesterday.  Got a lot of those down trees cleaned up and the wood pile is growing so that makes me feel good too.  Had a nice fire too.  This morning the fox is really giving the dogs the business.  She is on the other side of the gully and squawking at them like crazy.  They chase her but don't want to swim over to her.  LOL  Great to see them entertain each other.  Gonna be ham and eggs sandwiches on toast for breakfast.  Then I need to mow and cut more trees. Cloudy here now.  Have a good one and yes Happy Fourth of July to all!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Independence Day all!!!! Started packing up here to get ready for the trip home. Just waiting on the other half to get rolling so can finish up the packing. Hope to be rolling by 8:30 would be nice. Well, you boys have a good 4th!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
rain went thru here about 40 minutes ago, 1.2 inches in the gauge, way to fast... 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Had a thundershower go thru about 7 a.m. & it's kept raining. Was .31" in the gauge at the ranch ~8 a.m. Was going to water plants but looks like I got out of that. Now I can eat breakfast and clean up the aftermath from yesterday's culinary adventures. Mrs. Cheviot arrives home likely this evening so better get the skidsteer in here to clean up the mess. Get that done & I can focus on more important things like taking a nap!  :coffee:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Day Five at campground. Wife had to go home for a couple of hours to get in "cat time" with the cat. To our friends in Great Britian, enjoy your day at work today and thanks for the day off here. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Does anybody think our founding fathers would be rolling in their graves to see the mess Washington D.C. has become or do you think they would be proud of the country we have become?

Happy 4th & stay safe.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093