Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957473 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
heard Albert Lea got a huge rain storm last night, not good...
« Last Edit: July 07/06/22, 08:10:37 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .35" of precip at the ranch & .15" in Bugtussle. Heard reports of over 5" in Albert's Leaf which would explain the street flooding and foundations being washed out. Here it was a lot of noise & sharp lightning strikes. Air was just thick yesterday afternoon. Temp was 92 at one point with a 97 heat index. Could just tell someone was gonna get it once that thing started moving out of SD. Luckily no reports of crop damage locally. We've got to feel fortunate that we got 2+" of rain the first week in July. Some were starting to whine already. They need to get some livestock. Then they could whine all the time!  :bonk:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just .1 inch here. Dodged a bullet.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  62 and a nice looking morning here.  I am on check the cattle duty for a few days now.  That is kind of fun.  Lots of calves too.  I check their water, minerals etc. and just make sure all is well at the ranch.  Then back to cutting and splitting wood.  Getting a nice stack of firewood both for the garage and the campfire.  Went for another boat ride on the river.  There is no shoreline as the water level is right up to the leaves in the trees.  There are a couple of fish houses that didn't get taken off and they are semi floating along the shoreline.  Too bad, nice looking houses too.  A few docks that are not where they are supposed to be and tied up so they don't float downriver any further.  Not sure where they came from.  Not a lot of boat traffic neither.  They have a real nice pavilion on the Canada side at Rainy River ON.  It is under water too so people can't even walk out on it to see the river.  They have some docks there too that aren't functional neither.  A lot different river than what we are used to.  Hasn't gone down any yet from what I see.   You all have a good day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Dumped out .90" out of rain gauge yesterday when we got home. Not sure when that happened, hardly rained at campground. Looks like the yard could be mowed again today, may shoot a round of singles today at trap range. Might tinker with boat too, need to get that thing in the water soon. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and heading for 71 I do believe. Not a lot of boat traffic on the lake either LPS. Seems as though people are staying away so far. Nothing wrong with that. Just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 and looking for 82 today, maybe some rain too..  made a appointment to take my 4 wheeler in for a total check up, 4 to 5 weeks out!!  oh well..   got a few things to do today but nothing exciting like LPS!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61* here when I last looked & I'm seein 81* for the high. Seen the AL flooding on WCCO yday so I emailed Sis. She said they had 3+" & they're ~ 1/2 way between Austin & AL. Things were a little slower in GR yday so we had lunch in DR before coming back here. I have a couple spots I can mow too but that's about all. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Had a little shower catch us at the ranch last nite ~ 7:30 so we got .01" out of that. Nothing in Bugtussle. Supposed to be some coming late afternoon again. Brought the Stude in today so the mechanic can change it over from a generator to an alternator. Generator/voltage regulator worked OK most of the time but when it decides not to it makes you a little nervous, especially on long trips. Shut it off, leave it alone a few hours and it's fine, so far. Old cars don't draw a lot of juice & can go a long time without the generator working but that's not the point. Changing it over was on our radar a year ago when the voltage regulator acted up. It's time.  Got some tentative time set aside for a possible trip to Canada in the 19th - 25th timeframe. Sure the bugs will be bad but I need to get away and exhale. People are getting on my nerves. There's a reason I like dogs so well. They can learn when to say when. A lot of people can't.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/22, 09:12:24 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so very true!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is so crazy....   thanks LPS.... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers......yuck....its hot and humid out.  :bs: :surrender: :puke: start an hour earlier from here on in, so a nap is required!!!!! especially when it suxs outside!!!!!! gonna need to water the garden today too, i aint counting on mother nature!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I'd spray that big white dog down with the hose, bring him back in the house then let him cuddle up when ya take yer nap. That'll cool ya off!  :cool: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/22, 01:29:31 PM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I was actually getting ready to water the garden and yard and mother nature said " let me get that for ya , you've been good" , been raining for close to an hour.  Afternoon peoples,  fir a 4 day work week she sure has dragged on, kinda like Glenn in a way I haven't wet a line in a month,  several different projects need attention but I aim to get the boat in the water at some point this weekend.  The game player pooch we have here knows exactly what's going on,  he's gotta pull my socks otta the duffel bag as soon as I put em in, I could bury them but he finds them anyway...prick. Anywho if it stops raining I'm grilling.. See ya!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang lps, I just read back during our rain delay and seen cooper got sprayed! How's he doing smell wise?  Lure that sucker to a cage with an egg, and don't stop there.. :surrender:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I did the arm and hammer with peroxide and dish soap twice.  After round 1 he was good to come in the house.  Did it again since when he gets wet the skunk is more obvious.  All is good to go though. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  I did the arm and hammer with peroxide and dish soap twice.  After round 1 he was good to come in the house.  Did it again since when he gets wet the skunk is more obvious.  All is good to go though.

so now now yer waiting for the next round??   I still think yer wife let him in on purpose to jump on ya!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry Glenn wanted to know!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

so now now yer waiting for the next round??   I still think yer wife let him in on purpose to jump on ya!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sorry Glenn wanted to know!!!   :happy1: :happy1:
:tut: :pouty: did not!! Troublemaker!!🤭

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Ya I hope she gives him a whiff when she lets him in now.  LOL  I got a lot of firewood cut yesterday.  I need to put my crane on today so I am not lifting the big ones.  Crazy to not be using it since it works so good.  I felt a tinge where I had my hernia surgery so that jacked me up some.  Sure don't want to go through that again.  Talk about painful!!!   Getting things cleaned up pretty good though.  Finish up the 2 boxelders that I am working on now and then onto some nice dead elm.  That is the primo firewood here.  Can burn that first whilst the boxelder is drying for the first part of winter.  Also mowed the small pasture and did it with the new zero turn set on high and it worked great.  Mowed a lot better than my pull behind does.  Will do that from now on.   Plus it is a 54" deck versus the 44" deck on the pull behind one so went good.  My Mom would say "You two it looks just like a park" She said that every time they used come here and we got a laugh out of it.  Well TGIF. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and looking for 80 again..  going to mow today too..  it's that time again..  got a few other small things to do too but will get to them as the weekend rolls on..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 67 at our place with a breeze off of the lake. Heading for mid 70s today. I went and did the grocery shopping last night after work and bank run. Just need to get thru one more day in the salt mines, then hit the projects at home. I have 2 more loads of black dirt coming. Hoping that will be enough, but thinking we may need another. Hoping to get that cone early tomorrow and get the grass seed down. Sounds like some good chances of rain this weekend. Well, you boys have a good Friday!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 59* here @ 1st peek & we won't quite make 80*, they're sayin. :scratch: Pretty nice here yday so I went for 2 boat rides, mowed a couple small spots too. I mow with the deck up in a few spots too, LPS. Kicked the deck up a notch in the bigger area I did yday as well. Got a couple things in mind to get me goin & we'll see after that. 'Bout it here, hopin your Friday's a great day!!
« Last Edit: July 07/08/22, 08:00:14 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........about fell over when i seen we got 3/4 inch of rain overnight. garden looks great and the lawn even greened up nice!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

hopefully its not so friggin humid out today!!!!!!! mayhaps a fire and some beer later. some nords are hitting the smoker later today too!!!!! got a couple things i'd like to do in the garage today!!!!

LPS, i too enjoy cutting firewood. we dont use it for hit, simply campfire wood so the bit of pine and poplar works great for us!!! but after a while my body says you've had to much fun its time to quit!!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got in a practice round of trap yesterday, yard cut and a stop at the bank. Going to try to get the boat wired and finished up today, don't appear to be tooo humid yet. Wife gave me a salt gun, with a laser sight, that shoots flys for Father's Day. What a hoot on the patio last night. She's the bestest. Anyway, we're off to have breakfast somewhere, maybe Osakis, beings the wife is now on a four-day work week. Later.....
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .01" of precip at the ranch & .02" in Bugtussle. Rain around us. .25" in Mankato & .2" in St. James with 3" in Le Center. Some chance today although the air has changed since last nite. Was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Waiting for the Studebaker alternator project to get finished up. Need to get it cleaned up a little before the car show tomorrow. Got a kid coming over to work with a 4-H ewe tonite so need to trim its feet before she starts leading it around. Be glad someday when we're done with this 4-H stuff. Got people showing up unannounced expecting us to drop everything & help their kids. The other nite I was just ready to put burgers on the charcoal grill! :angry: If it were up to me we would've been done with it years ago. The program is a pale imitation of its former self. Not teaching the kids much anymore while parents are becoming less and less considerate.  :sad:     

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here and heading for 80s today. Got the black dirt delivered yesterday, so that will be the first project to hit. But first make some coffee and breakfast. Maybe rain later tonight or tomorrow. Well just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 and back into the 80's again today..  saying maybe rain tonight..  wanting to do some branch trimming today from a couple pine trees and am few other areas..  all good fun!!  using a dewalt 60 volt chain saw.  more fire wood!!    have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......got up at 5 am  :crazy: couldnt sleep no more........sure a nap will be required before i have my  :campfire: and  :toast: this afternoon. i'll be unsupervised again today!!!!1 :sleazy: :evil: :evil: momma's going wedding dress shopping with her granddaughter again!!!! :pouty: :confused:

it'll be a putz day today. sounds like tomorrow will be a sit in front of the AC day!!!!!! :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, had 59* last I looked & 83* is s'posed to be the high. Mowed another section & did most of my trimming yday. Got rid of a couple more things down at the free corner too. :happy1: I woke up early today too, so I went for a boat ride. Sure was a pretty sunrise! :cool: Some precip overnight, maybe, better chance tomorrow afternoon according to the hourly. :scratch: Not sure what's on tap for early today yet. Have a good day