Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905831 times)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry about your friend Mike.
I think I'm past the worst of the Covid. Hope so anyway.
Have a good one everybody.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear yer feeling some better roony!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, it was 61* when I went down to the boat & it looks like we may make 80* later. It rained off & on all day yday here & we had some overnight too. I just dumped .8" so with Sunday's & Sunday night's we had ~ 1.3". There's a slight chance of some more late this afternoon too. :rolleyes: Yeah, sad to hear about your friend, mike. Got a couple things goin, so I better roll. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about the guy getting t-boned. It's something that's hard to avoid.
Get well fast roony.

The roofing crew arrived before 6:30 this morning, They were soon all setup. Shingles started flying at 7:00 sharp.  The plan to remove and replace all 55.6 sq on the house and garage today. Seems a bit ambitious for 5 workers. The process is a bit different than last time. They brought their own dump trailer so they don't have to deal with dumpster delivery and removal. Also, the shingles have not yet been delivered. Strange for sure as it doesn't leave room for errors with delivery time or product. (Past experience indicates about half the time the wrong material was delivered and usually not when they said it would be). Being I elected to not be the contractor this time, it's not my problem.  :tongue:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........... glad to here your getting better Roony!!! :happy1: :happy1: just dont give it to the wrens!!!!!!!! :evil: methinks gonna mow the lawn today!!!!!!!! some places need it bad others not so much.

sounds like i may be up to my elbows canning pickles tomorrow....a whole bushel!!!!!!! also want to go out and fertilize my asparagus patch. buddies place is at says he's got deer issues with his sweet corn, i know they've eaten the tips off my aspargus too, so i'll fix them gonna spread some of that miloganite in there!!!!!

yesterday afternoon i went upto moms to help her. she wanted a couple branches cut off cause they were rubbing up against the house, but man she hit me between the eyeballs with some family news. my brother has been living with this gal for 12 years, nice gal but a little anal about things.......one day she told my brother to move out!!!!!!!!! :doah: SO......he's currently looking for a place. found some land not far from where he is currently at and his gal told him he cany buy that land there, thats my area!! :doofus: :rotflmao: he told her flat out you can tell me to leave.....YOU cant tell me where to go!!!!!!! he's done alot of work around her place, i hope he goes after some financial benefits. he has alot of stuff there, boat wheeler, trailer.mounts.

then a week before the 4th he was helping her at her rental property next door, and he started feeling to go, ended up going to the ER!!!! long story short  he has an appointment with a cardiologists!!!! :shocked:

well, that aint it!!!!!!! last sunday my uncle came up to see mom. her brother. uncle and his wife would be married 53 or 54 years this Aug. mom told me June 1 my aunt movrd out on my uncle???????? friggin crazy!!!!!!!!!1

women?????? :doofus: :doofus: :crazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang Glenn that sounds like a real soap opera!!!  hope yer brother turns out ok...  and you wonder why I live alone!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Gorgeous morning so hopefully the rest of the day will follow suit. Glad to hear you're feeling better roony. If you lose your sense of taste & smell you can drink cheaper booze & eat food you don't like. Sleuthed out what happened on a neighbor's soybean field yesterday. A mix up in communication flat out killed ~ 4 acres with the wrong chemical in the boom and the residual chemical left in the tank meant fun and games for the rest of the field. Now it's an insurance claim. The guy who was supposed to fit and trim 4-H lambs last nite forgot so today we'll get another demonstration of what lack of communication can get you. Supposed to be coming tonite. Not my circus, not my monkey. I'll likely have hay to unload or garden to weed. Fun never stops around here.   
« Last Edit: July 07/12/22, 09:11:44 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dang Glenn that sounds like a real soap opera!!!  hope yer brother turns out ok...  and you wonder why I live alone!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yea no kidding. That's his 3rd strike. He was never married to her, but married and divorced twice before!! :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
darn good remote there!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
ya figured there had to be one....

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get that remote on Amazon?   :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you get that remote on Amazon?   :sleazy:
:doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

You and the wife planning on getting one for each of you!!!🤭 :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for 74 today. We got .09" of rain yesterday. Kinda keeping that new grass moist. Got the grass cut last night. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 out and only 77 today!!  going to Alex today and get a few things, nothing big...  not much going on today either...  might mow part of the yard as long as it's cooler today..   we will see..    have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  No work today as we need to let the hay dry today.  It is thick fog here this morning and it's not me.  lol  I need to mow too since it rained pretty hard just as I got home yesterday. No big amount but enough to make some puddles in the driveway.  Think I will make a tuna salad too.  Good to munch on.  Well have a good one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........waiting for a call saying come get my pickles. hoping it happens today. nice cool day to do it!!!!!!!! otherwise it'l be friday!!! got all the onions and garlic cleaned up ready to go yesterday afternoon!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

fog warning out for here now. aint me either!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finished up working on my boat yesterday, may have to take it out for a test spin. Been over twenty years since I've had one. I know they haven't changed, but I have. Going to shoot our July team round of sporting clays today and then lunch at the Leaf Valley Mercantile. Anywho have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:

P.S. It was two years ago today I put in my notice to retire. Times flys!
« Last Edit: July 07/13/22, 07:55:57 AM by markn »
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 59* for us & I'm seein 76* for our high. We had 3-4 rounds of showers roll through here startin ~ 3:30 yday & I just dumped a shade > than .25" out of 1 gauge. Glad I got what I wanted mowed yday & it went so good I did another spot too, so I should be good for a day or 2. Got 1 little project to get me goin & we'll just go from there. Hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, wow, wow. You just never know what leads up to some of these things. I need to pick your brain a bit regarding asparagus. Two years ago my wife ask me to buy some asparagus ferns for planters. Well, short story is I ended up with regular asparagus so I planted them in the garden. Now I don't know what to do with them. They get about 3-4 feet high, fall over in the wind and then grow new stuff. Not sure what to do with them or when to cut them. Any suggestions. Thanks
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, wow, wow. You just never know what leads up to some of these things. I need to pick your brain a bit regarding asparagus. Two years ago my wife ask me to buy some asparagus ferns for planters. Well, short story is I ended up with regular asparagus so I planted them in the garden. Now I don't know what to do with them. They get about 3-4 feet high, fall over in the wind and then grow new stuff. Not sure what to do with them or when to cut them. Any suggestions. Thanks
i had to google what an aspargus fern was!!!!!!! :rotflmao: never heard of them before.  as i understand it there an ornamental perennial plant.

so, if you have regular asparagus in the spring you should be able to harvest them for food. once they get to the point you explained they are no longer harvestable and are simply getting ready to winter.  they say they are storing up for the winter and getting ready for next spring at that stage. ido here of people using that large growth for ornamental arraignments once in awhile!!!!!

if there 2 years old they more then likely have a pretty deep root system. IF your not going to use them to eat and want to get rid of them you could dig them out and give them to someone or simply kill them with roundup.

how many of them do you have????? i'd take them off your hands if you'd like!!!!! best would be to wait till fall when its a bit cooler and wet!!!!!

hope i answered your questions..if not fire away!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
maybe Dotch can enlighten us a bit more also!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Surprise showers around dark last nite. .09" of rain at the ranch & .08" in Bugtussle. Every little bit counts. Got hay unloaded & stacked last nite so have a trailer to return this a.m. More weed escapes to deal with here and there in area fields. No real train wrecks but enough so guys better do something about it while they still can.

I had to look, too, to see what asparagus ferns look like. That ornamental stuff is more my wife's department but after looking it up, pretty sure we've had the sprengeri (sp?) variety occasionally. I've also seen her use what appears to be the real fine fronds from the vegetable type asparagus in her floral arrangements from time to time. At least it sure looked like it anyway. Aside from what glenn said, not much help from me.   

https://www.bhg.com/gardening/plant-dictionary/houseplant/asparagus-fern/
« Last Edit: July 07/13/22, 11:11:52 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My mom always said you can harvest asparagus up to the first part of July. After that let it regenerate for the next year.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks LPS..   still crazy..

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for the 80s today. Just going to keep getting warmer thru the weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 57 here and going for 82 today..  I didn't mow the yard yesterday.  it isn't that long yet, but it will be when it's good and hot I'll bet..  just a few things going on today and that will be enough..   I did manage to get some cottage cheese with chives yesterday so I'm happy with that!!   yes Glenn we know how you like it!!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 57* @ 1st peek here & they're sayin we won't make 80*. :scratch: Sat out on the patio 'til it started getting dark last night  :toast:, it was so nice. We need a few things, a new plug for 1 of the mowers being 1, so we're off to GR today. No more now, have a good day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I got my mowing done yesterday and was longer than I thought.  Windy here this morning and it feels good.  The Twins had a nice win yesterday and I missed it cuz I was mowing.  Well have a good one.