Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4946368 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Looks like we're gonna get peckered on our rainfall here for tonite, forecasting less than a tenth. :huh: Crabby today. Got dragged to the fair last nite after a long day walking & putting up with dumb questions. Wife complained she didn't feel good yesterday, probably dehydrated, so I drove. Watched the worst sheep show I've ever seen from an organizational standpoint & I've seen and competed in a lot of them. Then the wife decides this a.m. she needs to be to work early so sticks me with her "share"(?) of the chores. Odd, I didn't grow up doing chores on a "share" basis. Everyone stayed out there until we were done. The only person who didn't was Mom & she went back inside to make breakfast for us. My wife dumps a partial 5 gallon bucket of grain in the troughs, heads back inside, then plops her butt in front of the TV for 15 - 20 minutes while I'm finishing up haying & watering! Maybe when it comes time to unload this next load of hay I'll unload my share & the wife can do the rest. Sounds fair.  :happy1: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cheer up there young man.  You get to eat lamb chops we don't.    :sleazy:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ah good luck with that Dotch!!!  I'd love to be there when it happens!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.........pretty interesting morning at the store, 3 ladies not there and they only scheduled 1 high school kid to come in!!!!1 :doofus: :doofus:oh well ,not my problem!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

gotta take care of my pickles today!!!!!1 after that we should find a few more things to do. mayhaps a nap!!!!!! :sleazy:

sonds like  trhe weather could get interesting after dark!!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. Looks like we're gonna get peckered on our rainfall here for tonite, forecasting less than a tenth. :huh: Crabby today. Got dragged to the fair last nite after a long day walking & putting up with dumb questions. Wife complained she didn't feel good yesterday, probably dehydrated, so I drove. Watched the worst sheep show I've ever seen from an organizational standpoint & I've seen and competed in a lot of them. Then the wife decides this a.m. she needs to be to work early so sticks me with her "share"(?) of the chores. Odd, I didn't grow up doing chores on a "share" basis. Everyone stayed out there until we were done. The only person who didn't was Mom & she went back inside to make breakfast for us. My wife dumps a partial 5 gallon bucket of grain in the troughs, heads back inside, then plops her butt in front of the TV for 15 - 20 minutes while I'm finishing up haying & watering! Maybe when it comes time to unload this next load of hay I'll unload my share & the wife can do the rest. Sounds fair.  :happy1:
Best get you some gin, lotsa gin.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Took a run up to the land today to mow some, check the cameras and spray any areas of the food plots that I missed a few weeks ago. I better document when, how, and mixture so I can repeat it next year. Never have I seen such a total kill. I only had to use one 15 gal tank to hit areas that had some green left. Should be all set for planting in a week or two. I think I will wait until this current heat streak is over.  Deer flies were not too bad on the fields but you better cover your ears if you go in the woods.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 59 here and supposed to be heading to the 80s here I think. Low 80s. Never made it into the 80s here yesterday. Ah darn. It was somewhat comfortable last night. Well I made it thru the first week of getting up at 3. Sleeping in tomorrow will feel good. Well one more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 68 here and going into the 80's again..   got several things done around here yesterday, more than I had planned so that is good..  one things always seems to lead to another..  going with that today too...   grill some brats for lunch today too!!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Heard dome thunder overnight. Six tenths in the gauge this morning. It helps.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
all the hype for rain yesterday and we didn't get any...   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 60* here & headed towards the mid-80's. It looks like we had a little rain overnight, but I couldn't find much in the gauges. It was quick run to town yday as we were back out here before noon. Not much on my list today either, so I'm just going to see what comes my way. Have a good Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a drive up to Cass Lake, Bena to look the place our oldest son bought on Leech. Nice place was owned by a couple from Ill. that had to sell due to age and health. His kids and him love fishing muskys so it's a good thing. Seen a bear just down the road when we left. Just a little fellow. Looking at the yard it appears I have a date with a Toro today, after that ???? Pull a Glenn and have beers and fire. Have a great day all, later.....  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........yea all the promises of rain, nary a drop!!!!!! :pouty: going to head out to the asparagus patch soon. weed check and fertilize. my buddy has sweet corn planted pack there also and is having deer issues, sooo......i'm gonna throw some miloganite in his corn. that should keep them away!!!!!!1 it worked for me at the cabin!!!!!!!

that humidity was unbearable last night..was hoping for 1 more day without AC but turned it on!!!!!! yesterday i decided to start cleaning and freezing my first round of celery in the garden. i'll finish it today!!!!!!!! mayhaps if the humidity doesnt gag me again i to will have a  few beers and a fire!!!!!! :happy1:

this weekend is Richmonds river lake days. i'll stay away today but may check out the fesitivities tomorrow!!!!!! 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 72 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .03" of rain at the ranch & .01" in Bugtussle. About all that did was add insult to injury after getting our hopes up earlier in the week. Just a few miles north of us they got over an inch with over 2" falling in Hope. And once again, roony gets all the nice rain! :pouty: Unloaded and stacked another 90 bales of hay last nite. Was wringing wet but I got 'er done. Guy has another 50 - 60 bales he wants to get rid of so will take it. Kinda light bales & don't stack for $hit but he stuffs them in his livestock trailer or puts them on his small trailer for me. The way things are going I wouldn't bet on an overabundance of hay locally. My 2nd cutting is going to come up short by the looks of things unless it changes drastically by the end of the month. In the meantime the sheep have plenty of pasture especially at home since I opened the windbreak up for them. Beats the hell out of mowing it that's for sure.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Iffin your into garbage aka garage sales, Richmond is the place to be. Holy Hannah are there garage sales. That town is really a humming!:!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Iffin your into garbage aka garage sales, Richmond is the place to be. Holy Hannah are there garage sales. That town is really a humming!:!

no thanks, I rather down size some things now days!!!!    :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: Yea me too. Once in a while I'd like to find some things for the cabin that wasn't from the early 1900'd though. :doofus: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So.... Mr Mark.... Can you top this!!!🤭 :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here this morning heading to around 80. Sounds like maybe some storms they are saying. I see a big line of them out to the west on the radar. If they hold together we will get some rain today. It will be get projects done kinda day here. Hoping to get the dirt done around the sidewalks if it doesn't rain. Well you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 67 here and going to 83 today..  and more humid today..  not a lot going on today, but maybe some mowing..  saying a chace of rain here too..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
65 degrees this morning in International Falls. A bit hazy, cloudy looking. Yesterday was a very nice day. Went to Sha Sha for lunch and just did a whole bunch of nothing yesterday. Heading down to Ray this afternoon for a benefit then watch the Twins get pounded again. Tomorrow heading to Kabatogama to chase Pike with a buddy. Monday I might meet a guy at Arnesons and do a little fishing. Not sure on that yet.

Have a safe and fun day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........headed to Richmond this afternoon for the festivities!!!! not sure how long!!! :scratch: putz woth a few things before that.

dutchy catch some fish!!!!!!! :happy1: :fish2: :fish2:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 66* for our start & I'm hearin 82* will be the high. I have a little mowing I CAN do too, but we'll see :scratch: as it might be late before it dries enough. We've got company comin tomorrow again. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope. No fire yesterday, but I did drink some better beer.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Nope. No fire yesterday, but I did drink some better beer.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: ha  :mooning: :mooning:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Here’s one of the bandits that have been trimming the leaves off my newest apple tree. I did put a French around it Wednesday night. :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, you are probable going to need more than one French to guard the trees.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
markn, you are probable going to need more than one French to guard the trees.  :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-80's. Extremely humid this a.m. Worked up a sweat doing chores and it's continued after my putz projects. Refilled the jelly feeders, cleaned and refilled the birdbath, cleaned and refilled the nectar feeders (full of bugs and goo) then put a few more sunflower seeds out in the small red feeder. Weeded the flower bed by the well, cleaned up the daffodil/hyacinth/lupine bed by the house then finished weeding the small garden south of the house. Time for coffee so I can keep going. Next up: the feed store. After that I'd better see if Ike backed that trailer full of hay out of shed so I can unload it. No rest for the wicked... :coffee:

I saw more does with fawns this past week locally than I ever remember seeing. Aware of me but not terribly afraid either when I was walking around in the fields. Good crop of apple tree eaters.  :happy1: 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Fench is what I meant. doggone spellcheck . Didn’t see the doe with these two, hope she’s still around.
mm