Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904448 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Well my fun ended quick.  :confused: 1/3 of the way through the parade the rest was cancelled due to weather. It looks nasty to the north and looks like we could get it good.

I decided home was best.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Did ya bring the wife home with you or leave here to face the brunt of the storm?   :rotflmao:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: she was the smart one she stayed home!!👍

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Kinda sad, we seen last weekend a fawn got run over by Spicer with the Doe and another fawn in the ditch looking at it and waiting for him.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and heading for upper 80s today. Boy it sure was a humid one yesterday. Since it was cloudy yesterday the wife talked me into washing and waxing the camper. Holy shnikeys was that a job. That is a lot of real state to hand wax. The one side that the sun hits really needed it though. It looks all nice and shiny now. I would like to get the truck done too. Maybe today. Some day I will get that dirt taken care of. I guess at least this way I only need to worry about watering the one section of new seed. You boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not sure how much rain fell south of here but but got all of 1.6 inches of rain!!   and it really came down hard at times!!!  I did get the yard mowed before it started so I was happy about that..  63 now and heading for 88 today, a warm one for sure..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 65*startin out & we're headed for the upper 80''s. Just a few sprinkles here yday, got that 95%+ humidity goin on again though. Mowed down by the road after lunch yday too. Got company comin & they should be here in the next hour or so. Some more coming on Tuesday as well, so it'll most likely be a busy week 'round here. No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1 & stay :cool:!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........gonna be hot and sticky the next few days!!!!!! :doah: :confused:

thats crazy Mike.......i think the grass and my deck got more wet from the fog and dew overnight then the rain we got!!!!!!!1 :doofus: :pouty: we had enough rain to barely cover the bottom of my 5 gallon pails i use to collect rain water off my roof!!!!!! last night i'd look at the radar about every 10 minutes and you could just watch it fall apart!!!! :doah: :doah: you get all the good rain.  :rolleyes:

well gonna focus on getting everything done by wed as i'm headed to the northland thursday after i'm done at the store!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, sorry it rained on your parade. I hope we have a better day today as I am pulling a float with the St. Michael Royalty in the Monticello Parade today. I got a 2022 RAM Longhorn from Ryan Auto Mall in Monticello to do the pulling. They wanted to know if I needed a Heavy Duty with Cummins Turbo Deisel to pull the float.  I told them I sometimes pull it with my half ton F-150... but then again, it's a Ford so I can't compare to a Ram. He then asked me if Ford was still in business.  Good time there.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: deadeye.........i was more miffed by not being able to watch/ listen to  the band after the parade. :doah: :embarrassed: i figured iffin the stearns county sherriffs dispatch watching the weather figured all hell was going to break loose i best head for the hills.

i did manage to steale 3 pieces of parade candy from the kids!!!!! :sleazy: :evil:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 67 at choretime heading for a high in the mid to upper 80's. Could go to a car show today but  have had enough heat for a few days. Got feed, unloaded and stacked another 60 bales of hay yesterday then weeded garden for a few hours. Sitting outside in the heat for 4 or 5 hours ain't my idea of a good time. This a.m. I sprayed the patio area with a nasty witches brew & filled some bird feeders. Humidity is high so waiting for the spray to completely dry before putting the pots and planters back on the patio. While I was sizing up the garden, I saw the neighbor lady out for her morning walk and she said "What a nice garden you have!" I wanted to say what nice sweaty boobs you have!  :hubba:  After I get done watching At Issue, think I'd best terrorize the remaining weeds in the garden then see what I feel like. A nap comes to mind...😴
« Last Edit: July 07/17/22, 09:55:40 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 One of my many projects on my to doi list at the cabin last time up was to put in a new section of dock on the little lake behind us. When I went over there this board was laying on the top . I took it home and took a sander to it. Surprised to see it was oak. So I dolled it up, put about.19 coats of polyurethane on it and walla!! Picture doesn't really do it justice. Pretty sure the muskrats and beaver where the architects to the design. :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/17/22, 03:06:56 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
does look good!!   :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It does look neat. Sooo the fish and the board floated up and decided to mount them all??? Boar wants to know.. ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It does look neat. Sooo the fish and the board floated up and decided to mount them all??? Boar wants to know.. ;)
:tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I would bet boar would want to know. Only way he gets fish!!👍

Those are hand carved spear chucking decoys that won't ever see lake water. Way to nice.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It pains me to say this but that looks really nice. I would have never thought about doing something like that.

Was this done on Teals time or Union time?    :rotflmao: :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It pains me to say this but that looks really nice. I would have never thought about doing something like that.

:tut: :rotflmao: all on my own free time!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way thanks all for the likes and complements!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

dutchy, I always got my eyes peeled looking for stuff like that, and driftwood!  :happy1: I let a buddy of mine have a dandy piece of driftwood this spring.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I dunno, I'm new here, maybe this isn't the question to ask but I gotta ask it.

Is this why all these guys are kicking you catching fish because you're fishing for wood?    :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I dunno, I'm new here, maybe this isn't the question to ask but I gotta ask it.

Is this why all these guys are kicking you catching fish because you're fishing for wood?    :scratch:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: naw I just let them feel good at the beginning then rip there heart out in the end!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and heading for high 70s today. It was a miserable one yesterday. 90 and humid as heck. The wife and I got the dirt work done though. Almost talked ourselves out of doing it. Took our time and sweated thru it. Biting flies were terrible too. Well getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, as JB said hot and humid yesterday and more of that today for us..   71 now and thet say 95 for us today..  yikes!!  Minn at her best!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I'll do today. Too damn hot to do anything in garage. May tear apart my 1100 and give it a good cleaning. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Big thunder & lightning show last night at 1 am. Lasted until almost 2 am. More thunder this morning. We will see what the day brings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Back from our little vacation.   It thundered so loud last night that Cooper jumped up in bed and almost squeezed my head he wanted to get so close.   This morning it thundered some and he got up with us again.  We got an inch of rain from last night and this morning.  They say more to come and it is getting darker.  I was hoping to mow today but maybe not now.  We shall see.  So thinking of a ribeye tonight.  The wife took the day off since it is my birthday.  lol  Dutch that big red spot on radar should about be getting to you now.  Stay dry youse guys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
happy birthday LPS!!!!    :Clap: :happybday: :happybday: :party3:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday pal.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, nice job with the piece of wood.
No rain on yesterday's parade for me. The Ram Longhorn Hemi 5.7 was able to pull the 10-12 young girls on the float without a problem. Can't say the same for the politician directly in front of me who was sitting on the back of an old convertible.  Less than a block into the parade the car stalled. After a litter jiggering, a couple supporters decided to push it in the parade. Things went so-so for the first few blocks. However, we were on a slight decline. I told my wife and daughter (they were spotters) that things will soon change as we were approaching a slight incline. Needless to say, part way up they all ran out of gas, and we fell farther and farther behind the other units. Finally, they were forced to give up, park the disabled car and walk.   
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 70 at choretime heading for a high in the low 90's. .04" of rain from a small system that went down I 35 around 6 p.m. Fat man warnings out again today. Was warm enough yesterday, topping out at 87 here. Worked in the garden until 2:30 then had enough. Drank a lot of water. Sheep did same. Had to refill their water tank this a.m. Supposed to be more of the same the next couple days only windy with gusts up to 35 mph. That will dry the snot out of things and there will be lots of guys to talk down off the ledge again. Should be heading to Canada on Thursday. Time to exhale if only for a few days. I need it. People are getting on my nerves.

Happy Birthday Barry! Don't eat too much cake. It can bind you up.  :shocked:

🎂 :cheerleader: :happybday:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)