Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4957092 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, I guess that's right. Each drawing you get a ticket for gives you a 1 in 50 chance of winning a gun. Who knows if you get a ticket for all the rounds you may just win a half dozen guns.  From experience I'd say you would need at least 3 people buying tickets I you want to get in all the drawings because once 50 tickets are sold and a winner picked, we start selling the next round. Some people buy 3-6 tickets (a group of guys together) so it would be hard to get into all the drawings unless there's a group of you.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
damn Dutchy..you got 4 threads on IDO locked up today!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No sir, not yet. I played nice, followed the rules and would expect a Gold Star for exemplary behavior.  ;) 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn Dutchy..you got 4 threads on IDO locked up today!!!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No sir, not yet. I played nice, followed the rules and would expect a Gold Star for exemplary behavior.  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

oh but i see your startin something though!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/19/22, 02:26:16 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I only post the question. How you respond is on you.  Like I said, wheres my Gold Star. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Whirlwind tour today after making the print deadline. .02" of rain at the ranch this a.m. & .09" in Bugtussle. Got windy here which we didn't need but no changing it. On my own tonite after chores. Good thing my shipment of quinine syrup showed up or I might've been a hurtin' unit. There's an ugly malaria outbreak running rampant I'm told.  ;) Think I'll play in the garden a bit. Set up my main sprinkler last nite. Had been mothballed for many moons because it usually rains. Got a little rain out of that so maybe if get out a couple other sprinklers & run them a while tonite we'll get more. Need to fill out my ArriveCAN stuff too. Not the PITA it was last time with the pre-crossing negative COVID test and random test once you got there. Got my passport in the mail already after renewing it back in May. They told me it likely wouldn't show until August. Someone must've screwed up. :bonk:     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife Markn!!!!

Ronny, glad to hear you on the rebound quickly!

Glenn, as for the deer flies. For some reason here by the house and nearby area we rarely see a deer fly. We will see some bull flies some. The one that drives us nuts is the biting stable flies. They get crazy the hotter it gets.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary markn! 42 years is a long time. Coming up on 38 here. Seems a lot longer than that... :scratch:

Glad to hear the COVID hasn't totally devastated you roony. As far as the warden, I'm sure you tried to share.  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife Markn!!!!

Ronny, glad to hear you on the rebound quickly!

Glenn, as for the deer flies. For some reason here by the house and nearby area we rarely see a deer fly. We will see some bull flies some. The one that drives us nuts is the biting stable flies. They get crazy the hotter it gets.
the ALL drive me crazy...... :doofus: but yea them damn flies are the worse.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: Jerkbiat link=topic=32811.msg411845#msg411845

The one that drives us nuts is the biting stable flies. They get crazy the hotter it gets.
[/quote

Amen on the stable flies. Those little bass turds are 90% teeth. Always wondered how  they could find you when you’re on boat a couple miles from land.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 67 here and heading for around 80 today. Supposed to be drier today. Ended up with around 2 inches of rain for the 2 day total. Going to work for a couple hours in production this morning. Then a couple of us are flying down to the cities for work to go to an open house and seminar for 3d printers. Then fly back this evening. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 68 here and going for 85 today..  well went by Mark's place yesterday and all was looking good for him!!  but the folks raising skunks over there sure have plenty!!!   uff da!!!   going to Alex today to get a few things, should be a quick trip...  feels nice outside this morning too..  NW winds help..   have a good day all!!   :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got 3/4" of rain yesterday and last night.  It can leave us alone for awhile now.  I did get the lawn mowed but not out by the road so that is on the list when it dries up.  Man what a day you have in store for you JB.  I will just do some putzing around here I guess.  You all have a good one. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were in the Ottertail area last weekend we paid $4.29 for gas. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, I did notice there was a few of them black and white critters smeared out on the road. Haven't seen any in the yard yet and if they do show up there where my old 3" F and T shot gets burned up. After that they take a ride on a #2 shovel across the road and into the ditch. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 66* for our start with wind & some light rain. Seein 83* for the high. :scratch: Had some moisture late yday & overnight too, but nothing measurable. We were back from GR early yday, so I mowed a little before the rest of the group showed up. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 71 at choretime & breezy, heading for a high in the mid-80's. .01" of precip in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch and a trace in Bugtussle. Transitioning into short vacation mode for a few days. Leaving tomorrow and coming back next Tuesday. Not long enough but sure it'll be too long once I get back and see how much crap people want me to do. Had issues with their ArriveCAN app last nite. Got all the info entered and it said to wait while it saved it. I waited, and waited and waited. Got stuck at 80% & timed out so will have to go back into it an screw around with that today. Was so nice back in the old days to bring your passport, a liter of booze and your sorry butt to the border, have them ask you a few dumb questions they already knew the answers to and wave you on your merry way. No more.  :sad: 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
When we were in the Ottertail area last weekend we paid $4.29 for gas. 
My brother paid $4.28 over in Superior, Wis. last week when he was over there & tt was $4.54 in DR yday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........like Mike said.....nice morning. turned the AC off last nite and opened windows. i too will be headed north tomorrow after i'm done with the store. i need to find some fish for the contest!!!!!! :evil:
 got some things to finish up around home today!!!!

i'll wave atcha when you fly by JB!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't know who is posting the prices here in Bugtussle but it was $4.25 at the Cwop yesterday and $4.29 at Caseys. For the unleaded 88 (15% ethanol & 88 octane) it was $4.11. For some odd reason, gas has been cheaper here than in Owatonna by $.10 - $.20 much of the summer. Used to it being the other way around... :scratch:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Anniversary markn! 42 years is a long time. Coming up on 38 here. Seems a lot longer than that... :scratch:

Glad to hear the COVID hasn't totally devastated you roony. As far as the warden, I'm sure you tried to share.  ;)
Mostly just have the"brain fog" now.
It helps me fit in better here and elsewhere.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got 3/4" of rain yesterday and last night.  It can leave us alone for awhile now.  I did get the lawn mowed but not out by the road so that is on the list when it dries up.  Man what a day you have in store for you JB.  I will just do some putzing around here I guess.  You all have a good one.
:pouty: :pouty: wish i had that problem............to wet to mow!!!!!!!!!

Roony...... :tut: you fit in long before you got the rona!!!!!!!! :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon gang! Whirlwind tour today after making the print deadline. .02" of rain at the ranch this a.m. & .09" in Bugtussle. Got windy here which we didn't need but no changing it. On my own tonite after chores. Good thing my shipment of quinine syrup showed up or I might've been a hurtin' unit. There's an ugly malaria outbreak running rampant I'm told.  ;) Think I'll play in the garden a bit. Set up my main sprinkler last nite. Had been mothballed for many moons because it usually rains. Got a little rain out of that so maybe if get out a couple other sprinklers & run them a while tonite we'll get more. Need to fill out my ArriveCAN stuff too. Not the PITA it was last time with the pre-crossing negative COVID test and random test once you got there. Got my passport in the mail already after renewing it back in May. They told me it likely wouldn't show until August. Someone must've screwed up. :bonk:   
hey  Dotch.....have fun on your trip to Canada.  :happy1: :happy1: dont do anything i wouldnt do!!!!! :rolleyes: :evil:

and iffin we dont hear from you later next week..we know they didnt let you back in  the states!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup what Glenn said Dotch!!!    have a great get away!!!!   

gas was $4.39 today in Alex....

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, have a great trip!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas here in cold spring is 4.37, wife said gas at the luv,s truck stop on 23/94 is 4.19 and in st cloud 4.28. I filled up at holiday but went to the Kwik trip and holy Hannah was it busy . Almost no place to park . I needed some of them dunker donuts for the cabin!!! :sleazy: :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/20/22, 02:26:18 PM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All of a sudden today I got all these mayflies? :scratch: there not overly populated but  :doah: :scratch:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya sure hope you have fun Dotch and most of all I hope they let you back in.  I am sure the wife would miss you.   :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The sun is shining so need to make hay today.   :happy1:  So yesterday I am getting my shoes on in the entryway where the AC is running.  I feel hot air blowing on my feet.  The in the wall heater is running.  You know the wife told me to turn that off a couple of weeks ago.  She is right again.  LOL  The knob is gone so I have to use a needle nose to adjust it.  I need to get a rubber hose that will just fit snug over the shaft so it is easier so next year she can shut it off. Got the small pasture mowed yesterday and it looks great.  I used to let it grow for the deer but was too hard to maintain then.  This is much easier to just mow it.  It is beef cotto salami sandwich today.  I am already struggling to find good lunches already.  Well have a good one boys. 
« Last Edit: July 07/21/22, 06:28:57 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and going for 84 today..  annual dentist appointment this morning then meet up with some friends for lunch down to El Rosa..  that will be a nice bike ride..   they are from the Mankato area and are up to Wilmar with some friends..  got a wood chuck last night that thought he was going to live under my shed..  young one so it was just him taking up a new home or I'll be shooting more of them..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Send it to Glenn.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: