Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4952596 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Chance of some isolated showers this afternoon I see. Had another .5" of rain at the ranch & in Bugtussle proper overnite. Got back into the office for the 1st time since Thursday. Nothing earth shattering happened while I was gone. Had a farmer stop in this morning and tell me I should go on vacation more often after all the rain that fell. I'd be OK with that. Bill wound up having to turn around & go back up to the cabin yesterday. His wife & her brother were planning on being up there yesterday so we left everything on for them. Her brother tested positive for COVID so that ended that. Bill had more hassles on the Canadian side going across. ArriveCAN app didn't want to boot up on his cell phone when they asked for it. He & the customs agents wound up farting around on his I Phone inside the customs office for about an hour trying to get it to work. Fun and games... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Frustrating to say the least.  When I went to the NW Angle often sometimes the Canada people wouldn't answer the phone.  They didn't take any criticism very well neither.  Once the lady told me we didn't have enough people show up to man the phone up there.....   WTF so let us sit all day and wait?????   Once I just drove through and told them at the border that their phone wasnt' working. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I've been across 15 or 16 times in the past 8 years now. Up until the last couple times since the COVID restrictions were lifted, it was smooth sailing. I had to laugh though when we came back through the duty free shop this last time. The Canadian owner told us he had gone to the US side and crossed back over into Canada when the random COVID test was still in force. He didn't get chosen to take it so he was feeling lucky. He knows the customs agents who work there so that probably didn't hurt. After he was back, for the next week he kept getting nasty emails & texts from the Canadian customs folks (coming from above the local crossing people) telling him he needed to deposit his random COVID test so it could be processed or they would come looking for him. They pulled the same crap on me back in October even though I'd already taken and deposited their test as requested. He finally got a hold of one of the higher ups at the regional office at the number included on the nastygram and explained he was never given a random COVID test to take when he crossed. They were all snotty about it, told him he should've been and made him go back to the border and get one!  :doah:   
« Last Edit: July 07/27/22, 02:07:25 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I crossed weekly sometimes at the Warroad port.  They were all pretty good to me, and that is on the US side.  The one woman who was pretty hot always made me take my sunglasses off.  Prescription ones.  So I kept checking her out up and down just to get back at her.  With a smile of course. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you ol dog you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
you ol dog you!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: he said they where prescription glasses, so maybe he didn't get a very good view!!!🤭 :rotflmao: :sleazy:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well boys by later tonight I'm going to be one rich SOB!!! :rotflmao: :dancinred: :dancinred:

More like I donated to the mega millions fund!! :confused: :pouty:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Don’t spend any of it until Friday night. That’s when the next drawing is.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife bought 2 for last night I believe it was.  She said she had to go to work today so she didn't win. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don’t spend any of it until Friday night. That’s when the next drawing is.
guess I can wait!!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
We could start an MNO pool if we could figure out the logistics of collecting the money from everyone.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 here and a dark morning.  The deck is wet and there is a chance of rain this morning I guess.  I planned on cutting firewood today.  I will sharpen saws and get ready in case mother nature gives me an opportunity.  Coffee tastes great this morning as usual.  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 here and like LPS said kinda a crappy day weather wise. It is our first day of vacation. So it is good that way. I am on the Glenn, Gunner, Mike and LPS schedule.  :sleazy: Coffee is ready and just waiting for da wife to get out of bed. Then hook up the camper and head for Federal Dam. Finally get some use out of the boat. Well you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a great time JB.  Sounds fun.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to Spicer to pick up my shotgun this morning. Looks like a nice day for a drive. After that stop by fleet and grab a new hitch for the boat trailer. Can't lock the one that is on it now. Should get camper ready for the weekend too. JB is a day ahead of me. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 57* to start our day & we may get all the way up to 66*. The wind, NW ~10 mph, will make it feel even cooler. We have our tree guys comin early today to take down 3-4 big ones that are threatening the power lines so the NIEC is coming to take down our service for a short time. There's a new boat shed in the plans too & those trees are in the way of that as well. A contractor is coming to look at that today too. I've got some more mowing to do as well. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.       
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, have a great time JB!!   sounds like lots of work in your future Gunner!!  not sure what I have going on today again..  but I got plenty done yesterday so it will the same today, roll with the day!!!  have a good day all!!     :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Batteries on the thermometer must've bit the dust so need to replace them. In roony's area, where the weather is always perfect, the temp was 55 at choretime. Heading for a high in the mid-70's. Got all the lawn mowed where you can see it from the road last nite. Company coming so need to make a run to the meat market. Friend brought sweet corn in to the office yesterday for me to taste test. It was excellent so he brought more in today. Pick some string beans, cukes & maters, then we should be covered food-wise for the company. Otherwise toddle into some cornfields, make a feed run, do chores, grill some supper & maybe mow the last of the lawn. The day will be shot & so will I... 😴

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........shelves are all stocked!!!!!! :rotflmao: not sure what the rest of the day will bring!!!!!!

this weekend is Cold Springs hometown pride days ......... :tut: :tut: NO nuttin gay either!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao: not sure if i'll even go downtown. fire and beer tomorrow afternoon in my back yard.

so i talked to the feller from iowa on IDO, he's pretty certain that the rod going from my shift lever is broke or some linkeage is broke or something hung up.  :confused: :doah: he took a rough stab and figures mayhap san 800 dollar bill.  called the guy last night but he didnt answer......i'll pesture him tonight again!!!!!!!! :sleazy:

he did tell me that 40 horse johnson is a good motor!!!!its a 1987 model but none of these marine dealers wanna work on something that far back!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 07/28/22, 01:08:06 PM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
May not be that hard to fix yourself Glenn.  Maybe you can get parts at Twin City Outboard??  Or online for sure.  LOL

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it Glenn.  I just did.  Lots of shifting and linkage parts on ebay for the year of motor.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Google it Glenn.  I just did.  Lots of shifting and linkage parts on ebay for the year of motor.

him amazon!!  yea right   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This may get him.  They are cheap Glenn!  LOL  $20-40.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty:  :rotflmao: nope I'm not that mechanically inclined.  :pouty: I usually can put it back together with less parts than what I took off and with my outboard motor that won't be good!! :confused: :rotflmao:

I drained the lower unit oil for him!! :happy1: that's as far as I go!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So he is going to check it out for you?   Nice motor too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So he is going to check it out for you?   Nice motor too.
he hasn't called back yet?

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had another 1/2" of rain here today.  All ready to go cut some wood and it poured again.  Gonna be nice tomorrow and no rain.  Will hit it hard then. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, misted a bit is all here yesterday..  some windy too...  56 here going to 78 today..   thinking I'd better get my propane contract done before it's too late..  that should be a good bike ride to Melrose..  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Pretty damp here too.  A little wind and warmer today should help.  I dumped a pail by camp out that had water and a dead mouse in it.  SO this morning the fox comes trotting right by the house with a mouse in it's mouth.  LOL  Of course the dogs got all riled up about it.  That was his plan I am sure.  Well TGIF.  Even being retired it is something to be excited about.  Gonna have a great day.  I hope you do too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 58* @ 1st peek & it's lookin like ~77* will be the high. We had a couple rounds of showers yday, it rained pretty hard for 5-10 minutes 1 time, but I'm certain the gauges are empty. Road trip here today as we're headed to the BIG LAKE this AM. Our friend from Cheeseland is headed home today & we're taking him as far as Duluth. A buddy of his is s'posed to meet us at the Thompson Hill rest area ~ 11. The Blackduck boys ended up dropping 6 big trees here yday so the area out by the boat shed looks a lot different today. Got the grass cut out front yday too. 'Bout it here, better roll anyway. Have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon