Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4950859 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......lookin like a really nice day on tap. some garden picking, other odds and ends. definitey a  :campfire: and  :toast: afternoon. besides i need to leave the peaches and other veggies alone today!!!!!!! UFFDA!!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

Gunner.......ya gonna stop at Victoria Sesret in Duluth for your Inger lady friends!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :sleazy:            :cool: :rolleyes: :azn: :kiss:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 for a low, 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Payroll to do & then put out a few more series of sticky traps in corn fields. Didn't see many rootworm beetles yesterday when I was out there it so guessing I probably won't see a lot today either. We used to do realtime physical counts. With the GMO's, the hatch is occurring over a longer duration so that's why we put the traps out. Got my marching orders for the weekend. A wedding tomorrow in the TC that the wife is decorating for so she's extra crabby. Reason #4552 why men hate weddings... :coffee: 
« Last Edit: July 07/29/22, 09:00:42 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 for a low, 57 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Payroll to do & then put out a few more series of sticky traps in corn fields. Didn't see many rootworm beetles yesterday when I was out there it so guessing I probably won't see a lot today either. We used to do realtime physical counts. With the GMO's, the hatch is occurring over a longer duration so that's why we put the traps out. Got my marching orders for the weekend. A wedding tomorrow in the TC that the wife is decorating for so she's extra crabby. Reason #4552 why men hate weddings... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Dotch.............you lucky dog!!!!!!! :rotflmao: you sound like gibbs on NCIS....rule #4552!  :rolleyes:

i've gotten out of 2 family things on my wifes side this year because i already had plans to go to the cabin before the invite and my wunnerful bride covered for me!!!!!!1 :sleazy: :sleazy: 1 was a grad party, the other a couples baby shower!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: July 07/29/22, 08:06:38 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin. Having a yard sale. Yea me. Do i get any proceeds, no. Yea me. Do i do 90% of the work? Yes. Yea me. I hate yard sales
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going into AC temps..  87 today..  got a great bike ride in yesterday and got my winter propane set up too..  did some yard work too, more of that today too..  have as good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting in camper enjoying a cup of coffee. Furnace running. A/C soon to come. Minnesota weather, got to love it. Not a whole lot planned for the day. bean bag tourney this afternoon about it. A few cold beers is a good possibility along with sweet corn and a steak later. That's it for me, later..... :happy1: :happy1:

Good luck boar, same thing at my place. :surrender:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............boar quit your whining!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: garbage sales galore all over town this weekend. yea we had one long  time ago.........never again!!!!!!! i'd like to think i could find things at them but never have any luck, besides i'm trying to get rid of stuff, not collect more.

not sure whats on tap for today yet. momma abandoned mee again!!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for mid 80s at Federal Dam.  Sounds like today will be a beech day later. Yesterday afternoon the ladies went to town and us guys just stayed and sat around the fire. I had a good Glenn day. Campfire and killed some Mic Golden's. Just making some coffee and waiting for everyone else to rise and shine. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 60* here when I went down to the boat & I'm ONLY seein 85* for our high. We were back here by 3:00 yday. I tried to call your lady friends :sleazy: down the road, glenn, but that new phone # you gave me didn't work. :evil: So no Victoria Sesret :pouty: :rolleyes:  for us yday, just Sam's Club where they had gas for $3.99. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had a nice fire last night too.  Cooked some brats in beer and lots of onions over the fire.  Man was that good stuff.  We had to turn the heat on this morning too.  Yes it is gonna be hot this afternoon.  Better water the garden.  No red tomatoes yet but must be close.  We have lots of baneberries in our woods that are really pretty.  I guess they are poisonous but the natives did use them for certain ailments.  I will leave them alone.  Well you all have a good one.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Got the wife, her gal pal and all their decorating junk out of here so they could set up the wedding in the TC.  I still have to get there yet but I was so relieved I took a nap! Thinking I should clean and refill the nectar feeders & birdbath. Refill the jelly feeders and maybe pick some beans if there's time. Check the sheep at the neighbors, do chores early here then skedaddle. Weddings pretty well ruin an otherwise potentially productive day. Reason #4553 why men hate weddings... :coffee:

Nice pics Barry! Don't recall ever seeing baneberries. Amazing how birds can eat some of this stuff like black nightshade but for other critters including humans, it can be deadly.

https://hort.extension.wisc.edu/articles/baneberry-actaea-spp/
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We had never seen them before we moved here.  Lots of them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for mid 80s at Federal Dam.  Sounds like today will be a beech day later. Yesterday afternoon the ladies went to town and us guys just stayed and sat around the fire. I had a good Glenn day. Campfire and killed some Mic Golden's. Just making some coffee and waiting for everyone else to rise and shine. Have a good one boys.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: atta boy!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a call from the GF, she works today and Monday and then she's done at that job, she has a new job with way better pay and benny's..  which is great for her!!!   anyway she got a call just a bit ago at work and she tested positive for covid..  get out of there now!!!  I say interesting timing myself!!!   but she will still get paid for the hours so all good...   more politics...   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just got a call from the GF, she works today and Monday and then she's done at that job, she has a new job with way better pay and benny's..  which is great for her!!!   anyway she got a call just a bit ago at work and she tested positive for covid..  get out of there now!!!  I say interesting timing myself!!!   but she will still get paid for the hours so all good...   more politics...
:tut: no hanky panky for you!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh well!!    :rotflmao:

interesting part we were together on Wednesday!!    :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: July 07/30/22, 10:46:44 AM by mike89 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
SO maybe you gave it to her!  Is she in health care Mike? 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes she was and who knows??    :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike, did she say how she was feeling?!?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
feeling fine

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was just reading about the flooding up at the NW Angle and islands.  On Flag Island some people still are without Roseau Electric power and have to run generators.  Roseau Power says they hope the water levels go down before winter.  Transformers are under water in a lot of areas and if it freezes with high water the ice movement can take them out and pull the wires out too in the spring. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
ouch!!   dats bad

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot of transformers are under water but still working.  Once they fail there is nothing they can do until they of course are not under water anymore. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Boar, I hear you on the garage sales. We usually have one every 2-4 years. It includes two of my kids and some other friends. Lots of prep work. I always tell my wife to just guess what each person will make and I will pay them that amount to not have the sale. So far I have lost that proposal. We did have one this year and like always, it was lots of work.   :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Lol right on! We cleared around 1500.00, what didnt sell. Is going in the dumpster. Aint hanging onto it anymore. Our incentive was to make enough to put down on a oder for a new ice castle. We did that so money wel made!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining at campground this morning. Should end in an hour or so then we can head for home. Time for more coffee, later....
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, just styarted raining here the last 10 minutes..  some thunder too..  when I first got up it was almost green looking to the west...  66 this morning and going to the mid 80's again..  as Mark said time for more coffee..  have a good day all...    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 68* here & on our way to 81*, a few sprinkles too. Some rain through ~ 10, maybe 11, this AM then another round at 4 according to TWC. Lookin like the normal Sunday routine here. 'Bout it here, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........looks like rain here shortly.........i'll take what i can get!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: not quite sure what the day brings just yet....... maybe a Mikey and Gunner kinda day!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

never went down to the town doings!!!!!