Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945884 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Looks like rain to the north of us.  Sposed to get some here too today.  Coffee is good hear too.  The breeze is picking up so mayhaps that rain is heading towards us.  Not a lot going on here today neither.  May go get some groceries later on.  We shall see.  Nice 69 out right now.  Not gonna get as hot today.  Have a good one. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :dancinred: :dancinred: yippee....its raining!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? You watered your garden, didn't ya glenn? I KNEW it!  :rotflmao:

Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime, heading for a high in the mid-80's. Slept in until 7:30 this a.m. so feeling like I'd better get something accomplished. Survived another wedding. Wife decorated it so she stayed behind to tear down after the reception. She stayed over in St. Anthony last nite so I was flying solo until this a.m. She came home, dumped off a bunch of decorating stuff, then on to Freeborn Co. Fair that starts today, or at least the wine & beer judging does. She's in charge of Floral Hall there so she's also been decorating & getting that ready that this past week. Plenty to do here. Should spray pasture fence but see the wind has picked up. I don't want to be wearing it or kill the neighbor's beans. Lawn to mow, beans to pick, never ending weeding to do, fall garden area to till. Could make a FF run sometime too. Just a small hunk of mineral left in the feeder in the main lot. Iffn I get tired of doing some of the other stuff & I may do that. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I need a nap after reading that Dotch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Dotch, you sound like me.  :doah: start 6 different projects, when i get bored with that, i go to the next one.  :scratch: i do eventually get them all finished!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Lol right on! We cleared around 1500.00, what didnt sell. Is going in the dumpster. Aint hanging onto it anymore. Our incentive was to make enough to put down on a oder for a new ice castle. We did that so money wel made!!
so......your getting rid of  thee ole boars nest huh??? you know a new one aint gonna help you catch fish, right!!!!!!1 :evil: :rotflmao:

good for you guyz!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree. There's a lot of crap around here that needs to go live somewhere else, including some farm equipment. It's nice to capitalize on it like you did boar. I may have to pencil in a nap sometime this afternoon. I've seen a woodchuck in the backyard lately too so he may take one from the school book depository or the grassy knoll. One thing about it, while the cat's away, the mice will play... :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  by the looks of things I'll hafta di some back reading.  Left the cities Saturday morning fir Colorado,  fought some serious traffic going across 80 in Iowa and Nebraska but finally made it to the mountains today.  Our first venture was Mt Evans, bout an hour drive off 70 and it was friggen neat. It tops out at 14,100 feet and at the 11,000 mark it started sleeting and stuck on the narrow road til the top, talk about nerve racking with no guard rails no nothing on these switch back corners.  Thank God when we came back down it was just wet. Anywho hitting Rocky Mountain National Park tomorrow,  best run the rest are wanting dinner...see ya!!! Most of these pics are above the tree line.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: great pictures bud!! Make sure you get a picture of Bigfoot!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cool as heck Bobb.  Nice pics.  Have a great time. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We were looking!! It's crazy getting otta the truck even at 10,000 feet how light headed one felt and winded from a short walk. It stuck with us longer at 14,000, had to sit in the pick up a little before we left, not sure how the motorcycles did it..

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:dancinred: :dancinred: yippee....its raining!!!!!!! :rotflmao:
Some really light showers in the AM but ~ 4 yday afternoon we had a steady rain that lasted a little over an hour. It looked like just a little < .7" in the gauge when it was done.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice 57 here right now.  We had some nice rain yesterday too.  Got over a quarter inch.  We took a ride to the Falls yesterday and the river has gone down quite a bit above the rapids.  Can see all of the islands again.  May start dropping here soon so I think I am going to pull the boat out of the water and move the floating dock closer to the river.  At least I won't have to worry about it getting grounded.  You all have a good day.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, cool pic's Bobber!!!   have a great time!!!   61 this morning and going to 80 today...   about 745 last night it poured here!!   almost 1/2 inch that fast..  then the wifi was acting up this morning so a slow start here.. oh well I have all day..  have a good day all..   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 61* here last I looked & I'm hearin 75* will be our high. I see some mower time today, but it will need to dry 1st. Got A couple other small things to get the motor runnin as well. No more now, have a good 1!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Great pictures bobber. Going to try to clean up a tree I cut down last Summer today before it gets hot again. Should go fishing later, maybe. Hardly got enough to cover the bottom of the gauge. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rained 3 times yesterday at the ranch. Went around us all day. Nary enough to measure. .02" in Bugtussle. Got last month's weather data tabulated, forms copied, stuffed in envelopes & ready to mail. Wife is extra crabby today. Asked a simple question & got my head chewed off. Never had that problem with Ruby. Can't wait for the puppy to arrive in October. I'll have to take care of that too but at least it'll be easier to talk to.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is a calm day here.  I just checked the boat and it is time to pull it tonight.  The river has dropped quite a bit.  JB may see a difference up there too. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Barely. The last of the kids left this morning. Just the wife and I for one more day. Will go and try some fishing this afternoon. We got rained on yesterday afternoon. Didn't get much fishing in. Ya, LPS it will be interesting to see if we see any difference in the lake level when we get home. Hoping so. If the river is starting to come down, the lake has to start coming down too one would think. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers..........gonna try and get all my stuff done outside today....thinkin tomorrow is nary leave the AC house!!!!!!

and NO Dotch...........they wont let me near the dairy section!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I KNEW it!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smart owners!!!   he'd be surprised at how cottage cheese is sold I'll bet!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just got done mowing, got it done before the heat wave...    :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :confused: and to think people  put that skanky stuff on perfectly good food. :confused: training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

That be like not putting katchup on a burger, hot dog or brat  :doofus: :thumbs:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Katchup can stay in the fridge when I have a hot dog or a brat. :puke:     
« Last Edit: August 08/01/22, 10:40:59 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  60 here and headed for 84 with a T storm this morning sometime.  I sure need to mow too.  I have to move the floating dock closer to the river in deeper water so it doesn't get stranded.  Have lots of sticks and small logs that the wind pushed into our bayou too.  Gonna have to wait till it dries up to get some of them.  I see all of the grass has died and the ground under the water just looks like dirt now.  Curious to see how it all turns out. I did get the boat out and the river dropped from the day before a few inches so I had to really trim the motor up to get out to the river.  Glad I didn't wait another day.   Well coffee tastes good.  You all have a good one.
« Last Edit: August 08/02/22, 06:35:49 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and looking for 93 today...  maybe some rain this morning too..  got the yard mowed yesterday so I beat the heat that way for now..  not sure what I have going on but that's ok..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61* last I looked & they're sayin ONLY 82* for the high here. :scratch: Watched the sun come up from the boat again today. :cool: There's mention of a shower after 10 AM in the forecast here as well. Got the lion's share of my mowing done yday too. Got a couple little things to start the day & we'll go from there. Hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 morning fellers...........not to bad outdoors right now......but there talking major heat and humidity later. sounds like storms later tonight!!!! get outside stuff done early then house goodies!

yesterday i volunteered  :crazy: to go in early at the store next monday and thursday!!!!!!! one of the guys that unloads trucks is gone, so monday its a 3am start and thursday a 4am start!!!!1 i need new truck tires!!!!! :doah:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here at Federal Dam. Talking hot here to later. It is a coffee and make some grub then get started on the packing up. Talking storms here later today too. About it from here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here at Federal Dam. Talking hot here to later. It is a coffee and make some grub then get started on the packing up. Talking storms here later today too. About it from here. Have a good one boys.
so how was fishing???????