Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4953112 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 60* here when I went down to the boat & 77* is s'posed to be the high. Worked on cleaning up some things from around & in the boat shed yday AM. Put quite a bit of stuff down at the free corner in the last couple days & most of it was gone by the time I got the mail yday. :cool: We're headed to town today too, with a stop at the junkyard in Cohasset to get rid of some more stuff. 'Bout it here, hopin your Wednesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 55 for a low, 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's with lotsa sunshine. Some bookwork to do this forenoon, distribute some string beans and then off to the fields for a while. Since I finished the 2nd full picking of string beans last nite, I get to sit on my butt & mow lawn tonite. Finally looks like it all needs it so I don't have to follow the tracks to see where I've been.  :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........got a few things on the agenda...nuttin pressing though!!!!!!!! yep weather the next few days look great. felt good not to have to water the garden last 3 days. even the grass is looking like there's life to it.

yea Gunner............i've been kinda doing the same around here......manuring out stuff. i'd like to do the same at the cabin, but i still have a mother to deal with!!!!!!!!1 :doah: :rotflmao: the house is a split foyer, so under the steps is all storage..........some day i'm going to get up enough courage to bring the wife downstairs and clean that out!!!!!!! :evil: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

good luck with the foot doctor Mike.  :happy1: just maybe you'll have a hot nurse play with your tootzies!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/10/22, 09:05:00 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well that visit to the foot doc was different...  all done by computer..  then laser cut the inserts..   nice lookin receptionist no nurse Glenn!!!    :happy1: 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well that visit to the foot doc was different...  all done by computer..  then laser cut the inserts..   nice lookin receptionist no nurse Glenn!!!    :happy1:
damn times change. Last time I had been in for inserts they made some kind of cast of my feet.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup the ones from 3 years ago were made that way...  and hard plastic on the bottom...  new one are all composite material...  decent selection of shoes and boots.. 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well up here in the land of the highest gas prices in the state normally I see it is down to $3.89 today

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning sleepy heads. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Still 3.99 in Warroad.

Morning boys. 67 here and heading for 73 today. Strong wind off of the lake this morning. Got the grass cut last night. Some area could use a shot of rain. Otherwise getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good Lord you get up early.   :sad:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Up and at em.  I have an eye Dr. appt in Bemidji today.  Will have to do some shopping whilst there.  Mayhaps a nice meal there too.  Nice cool morning.  46 here.  High of 77.  Nice weather.  No idea what the Twins did since they play so late.  Will have to check on that.  Well you all have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, gas was $3.79 yesterday..   62 here and going for 78 today..  LPS don't look at the twins this morning!!!   need to do some mowing too..  always some thing going on..   nothing special on the books today so just di kind of day..  have a good day all..    :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning! I've been spending most of my non working days getting mom's place ready for sale. Yesterday it was getting a garbage disposal working, some painting, and pruning some limbs off a crab that were hanging way to low over the garage door and some were on the roof. Gave me a chance to play with my pole pruner and me new Milwaukee chain saw. That was fun.
Enjoy!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 54*at 1st peek here & I"m seein 76* for the high. We found gas in GR at $3.99 & my brother rode his bike up to Squaw Lake later where he said it was $3.69. Mowed down by the road yday after we got home & there was some tubing done as well. No glenn, not by me. :rolleyes: I see some more time out in the boat shed to see what else we can find that could go down to the free corner today. Gonna be a nice 1 so I can see some boat time goin on today too. No more now, have a great day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Overcast with a modest chance of a shower. Not much nearby on the radar presently. The electric clutch on the zero turn took a $hit so need to get that situation rectified. My 2 older riding mowers hadn't been touched since last season so they wouldn't commence. Used the push mower to finish of the parts of the lawn left where people could see. Came in the house about dark wringing wet & PO'ed. Oh well, at least the wife was bitchy. Lovely evening. Got the orange mower started this a.m. after leaving it on the charger overnite. Mayhaps I can finish mowing tonite, no thanks to her. She once offered to help mowing after I got a 2nd mower. Lasted about 2 mowings. When I bought the push mower, same promise, only she's never touched it.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
New mower is cheaper than new wife.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I just got the zero turn used last year. Heavy duty, clean machine w/~280 hrs. on it so just nicely broke in. Worst of it is I got it from the local dealership. They're having some strife there as the owner's son quit in a huff, leaving Dad to run things by himself. He's struggling. May be an issue getting it fixed quickly. Either way, a good friend is also a Deere salesman. Sure he'd like nothing better than to sell me a new one. If he'd give me enough on trade for this one, I might do it. Go to a 4-wheel drive/steer unit for all this insipid hillside mowing. And let the wife run the push mower. Not holding my breath on that one.
« Last Edit: August 08/11/22, 10:25:42 AM by Dotch »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did the clutch fly apart or is it just not getting power to the electromagnet. Could be a simple fix.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Judging by the sudden power draw, smoke and sparks it threw just prior to the deck quitting, I'd suspect flew apart inside.  :doah:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, that doesn't sound like an easy fix.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I was afraid you'd say that

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......busy morning........glad them really early starts are done. back to bankers hours next week!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

garden duty this afternoon!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, that doesn't sound like an easy fix.

When I put it away last nite, I still had my hearing protection on with the tunes cranked up so I couldn't hear a lot of what was going on with the mower. When I loaded it before lunch today, I could hear some strange rattling and clunking coming from under the engine. Starting and unloading it at the shop, the guy heard the same thing. When he looked, I got one of those "That doesn't sound good" lines followed by a "It's sorta just wobbling and rattling around under there". Gee, no kidding. :doah: Prolly need a new electric clutch methinks.   
« Last Edit: August 08/11/22, 03:39:36 PM by Dotch »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 62 here and heading for 73 today. No production work today so I got to sleep in. Felt good. One more day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
57 this morning in International Falls. Got 1/2 the lawn mowed yesterday will finish the rest today. Need to get busy cleaning out the garage but i've successfully put that project off for nearly 2 years so maybe it waits another day. Looks like the Hummingbird feeder will need a reload sometime this weekend also.

I suppose I should take the bike for a putt as cold weather will be here before long and i'll complain I didn't ride enough. JB & Barry, are there any good meat shops over your way? I need to restock some thick cut pork chops and old fashion skin on hot dogs.

Have a safe day everybody.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 and some rain here..  woke up about 4 and heard it then too..   Dutch there used to be a meat locker up there in IF, but not sure it's still there..  might have closed..  got a few  things that need to be done today, including mowing..  got a nice long ride in yesterday, 124 miles...  have a good day all...    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Dutch. Just at the grocery stores in Baudette and Warroad. No real meat lockers here. Doug's in Warroad is doing some of the own stuff. You can ask to have some meat cut to the thickness you want if they haven't cleaned up for the day. We do that all the time. I to like a nice thick cut pork chop. Steak too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman