Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4964216 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The wife left for her sisters house yesterday for a funeral.  SO I am unsupervised.  lol  Dutch.  Like JB said we have a nice meat dept in the grocery store.  For hot dogs it is just the company type of ones.  I like the meat they have there and like JB said they will cut what you want.  When I need a meat fix I hit Stittsworth in Bemidji.  They have local meat that they butcher and sell in there store.  I guess there is a nice meat shop downtown too but I have never been there. Having coffee now and not sure what I will do today.  I want to paint the house and garage but not in the mood to do that yet.  lol  Sure wish I could just pay someone to do it.  I should move the dock out to deeper water again since the river keeps going down.  Well time for more coffee.  Later boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw the gas at Kelliher and Waskish was $3.67 yesterday. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seen gas at $3.59 in Staples yesterday...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
64 here this morning.

2.4 inches of rain last night. Really came down. No garden work today.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, last I looked it was 59* & 65* will be the high. There's some light rain comin down too. Sis, BIL, & niece are all leaving tomorrow so getting their gear out of the lake will be priority #1. This is most likely their last trip this season too so everything will need to be prepped for storage as well. The neighbor made it back up yday afternoon too. Have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.........raining her currently.............looks like we had at least an inch of rain overnight. ALL my pails are plump full.

nixed the idea of the game fair with the rain. next year i guess.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge and have .9 inch so far...  don't think we will get much more...   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Some rain passing thru but looks like it'll be outta here before noon. Rained yesterday afternoon some so there was .05" in the gauge at the ranch & .26 in the gauge in Bugtussle this a.m. No complaints. If it keeps topping us off periodically like this we should have enough moisture to finish the crop. As anticipated, the electric clutch on my zero turn mower was toast. New one ordered to the tune of $360. Not much good w/o it. Resurrected my old Agco-Allis 1716H last nite. The H must stand for Howard the former owner.  ;) W/a 44" deck & 16 hp vs. 48" & 24 hp on the zero turn, it's one helluva lot slower. It still leaves the lawn as smooth as a babies butt tho, even when the grass is wet. Check the oil, fuel it up, clean the deck out & mow the backyard tomorrow or Sunday. Then the wife can do the trimming with the push mower. As if... :rolleyes:   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas I Warroad is still 3.99. In Roseau last night it was 3.69.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge and have .9 inch so far...  don't think we will get much more...
dumped out 1.4 inches.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Watered the garden again, didn't 'cha?  ;)
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Watered the garden again, didn't 'cha?  ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: yep!!!!!!!!!!

and its still dribbling out there!!!!!1
« Last Edit: August 08/12/22, 11:30:32 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples,  momma the pooch and I got to lake side bout 4:30. I knew I could get some mow lawnin done in a hurry if I put momma on the rider and I grabbed the little one. Momma has no patience for it so it's full steam cutting,  no patterns no nuttin just full steam ahead. Well it's all done..lol. Dang the frogs are all over the place, back in the day I had no problem hooking one up under a bobber or a spinnerbait fir nortens but now I just can't do it... ya I'm getting soft. Anywho no bugs at all with a nice breeze coming off the lake...See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Does she hire out?  :scratch: Sounds like my electric clutch won't be here until Tuesday. :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and going for 76 today..  good for you  Bobber!!!   I still need to do mine yet...  today I'll get it done...  it was a different day yesterday, between the weather and all..  still got a few things done..  going to to try those Johnsonville sausage strips today, had them on sale...  if they are like some of their regular sausages they could be fatty..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and going to 78 today. Not sure what is on the list for today. Maybe pick some blueberries later. Or maybe we should convince ourselves to go fishing. So many projects that need to get done though. Time will tell I guess. First project shall be to make some coffee. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Same attack here as JB.  May not do much also is an option.  The wife will be back today so I will sweep up some dog hair before she gets here.  Coffee and a shower are at the top of the list for me. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, we had 61* early & 77* is gonna be our high. Sis, BIL, & niece should almost be home by now as they left just before 4 AM. Had a nature call then so I got up too & went out :fishing: a little before 5. Got 1 small eye, that went back. Some light mist here early so I don't think my mowing will get done today. I'm sure I can find other things to do pretty easy. Have a good Saturday all!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......looks like another nice cool but cloudy day. garden likes it!!!!! got a few things to do today!!!!!!! havent been up to the cabin since the 4th of july........gettin pretty antzy. noone else has either. and doesnt look like my brother will in a while.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gas I Warroad is still 3.99. In Roseau last night it was 3.69.
gas prices are all over the board around here!!!!!!! :scratch: :crazy: wes 3.69 in cold spring..........up the road 5 miles in richmond was 20 cents cheaper! think my wife said st cloud was 3.53!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 69 & misty at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .13" of precip at the ranch & .03" in Bugtussle. A lot of tearing around scheduled for the 1st part of the day. Deliver beans & zukes, then go pick up feed. Prolly pick string beans this afternoon once the foliage dries off & maybe mow lawn with Howard afterwards if there's time. Looks like I could start over on parts of the yard. That bromegrass grows so fast when you toss a little rain at it. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So another paper that won't have enough people to even proof read before they publish.  That bugs the heck out of me. They needed to cut costs so the big shots can get bigger checks. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-news/st-cloud-times-writing-staff-hit-by-gannett-budget-cuts

Hey Glenn I see the news paper you like is getting hacked up.....
that doesn't surprise me one bit. That paper has plain sucked for a while. I haven't got the paper in about 5 days. Wasn't sent a bill either letting me know I needed to pay a fee. Actually thought I'd miss it more than I do .

I was going to cancel it anyway and send them a letter with cancellation and it wasn't going to be a nice letter either.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking the same thing about the Alex paper.. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Even though I like to read the paper, I just cancelled the Park rapids enterprise. Just to much garbage in it.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's just it. St cloud paper hardly ever had local town baseball reports, so unless you cared about st cloud teams or the rox it wasn't there .

They got rid of the daily TV guide, not sure if it's the businesses themselves there aren't any ads for like coborns or cashwise or the liquor stores. Crap like aldies and fresh thyme, Yea.  News isn't with much either.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Newspapers are disappearing everywhere. Some have increased their online presence, while the printed versions  slowly,  but constantly shrink. 24 hour cable and online news are available, and producing the printed version is more costly. Advertisers have also shifted toward digital so that revenue source is disappearing. I don’t believe there are any newsprint mills left in the US.   Not enough demand for that type of paper anymore.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
It is kinda sad. A lot of the main readership locally is the elderly population. It's particularly unfortunate for those in care centers who enjoy that weekly method of keeping up with their local communities. The Bugtussle Bugle is still going thanks to the advertisers but realistically, the primary reason for advertising is to support the community and hope the community recognizes that. Some of them do although some would just as soon throw you under the bus and do business with some lying music man who cuts them a deal from 30 miles away. That gets a little frustrating but I remember things like that when it comes time to donate for their causes. Takes balls on their part to even ask. I don't ever recall anyone stopping by or calling because they saw our ad in the paper. :pouty:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Spot on, Dotch. As the population ages, the printed newspaper customer base shrinks. One more reason that they have a hard time staying in business. Also sad that many paper mill towns are struggling when a major (usually THE major) employer shuts down. The ripple effect through the economy is a big deal. Most of those mills were located in small towns with no other industry to keep them viable.