Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900875 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do subscribe to a few newspapers online cuz I like them and also to help preserve them.   
« Last Edit: August 08/13/22, 06:50:46 PM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Until moving to International Falls I bought and read a newspaper every day except Saturdays for over 20 years. It's something I really enjoyed. It's also something I really miss. Whats really sad is in this push to be "first" all the online outlets rush the story without proofing anything. Spelling errors, wrong dates, wrong names, lack of facts. It's hard to take anything seriously when being first is more important than being right.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I read the paper daily at work , Saturday's is the outdoor news and we get the Sunday paper at home. It's funny tho at work it's just us older guys that read it, the young guys are glued to there phones.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Tomorrow morning I'm going to the store and I'll get a st cloud times and a star and trib to see which one I like the best. In there 2 days a week if I want a paper.

And I figured go down Sundays then get me something from the meat section for din din!; :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So I got a question of online users of the newspaper.  Years ago you could add a comment of the article , can you still? That was my favorite part reading and adding to it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I got a question of online users of the newspaper.  Years ago you could add a comment of the article , can you still? That was my favorite part reading and adding to it.
dont you also have to pay for an online subscription??????

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

In the Strib you can add comments to most articles.  That can be the most informative part sometimes.  No comment in Duluth or Bemidji papers.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes you have to pay for an online subscription.  BUT you can read up to 10 articles free every month without paying in most papers.  When you hit the number 10 they just let you know. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and hoping for 77 today..   hazy this morning with some fog here..   got the mowing and some trimming done and none to soon!!   even got a good bike ride in..  about `120 miles...  hope to do the same today...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and heading for 77 today. A repeat of yesterday. Yesterday we cleaned siding on the house and garage to get that ready to be restained. Then we had a fire and drank some beers last night. The lake was really calm last night. Got to watch the big ole moon come up over the lake. Cool to watch. Well, see what projects happen today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 57* here when I got up & we may hit 80* later. The sun broke through ~ mid-afternoon yday & the humidity dropped quickly after that, so it turned into a really nice evening. There were a lot of boats out last night, including me, taking advantage of it. Not much on the list so far, so I'll just wing it. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........need to finish up a couple things i started yesterday and i reckon i need to start gathering things for my trip north next tuesday!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice morning here.  The river is like glass just like it was last night.  I got 32 lbs of little cukes yesterday.  Will turn them into pickles today.  I forgot to ask for some garlic so hope they have some in the grocery store.  Otherwise I will just use the ground up stuff.  SO that should make about 32 qts.  Having a cup of java now.  Of course Cooper came to my side of the bed and badgered me until I got up and fed him.  Could have slept later too.  Vikes today at 3:30.  Will be on the NFL network.  Looking forward to it.  Sure hope the don't put rassling on instead.  LOL  Well have a good one boys.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

I had a subscription to the Athletic which is a online paper about sports. You could comment on most of those stories. I canceled that in part because it was a rush to be first and the content of the story came second.

I have never had a subscription to a online "newspaper." I like turning pages which is why I buy paperback books instead of e-books.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. More string bean picking on tap and hopefully can get back on the mower again after lunch. Have a bunch of beans to put in the fridge 1st so will putz with that & try to figure out what to make for supper. Should squeeze a nap in sometime as well 😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so....like i said yesterday..i went down to get some goodies my wife forgot......... :doah: :rolleyes: and picked up a st cloud times and a star and tribune.

the first issue was price....friggin crooks. the times was $4.00 and the trib was $2.00. if i had to pick i thing the trib, not only based on price but had better news items, a  decent minnesota section. the comics, the best part had more, but no Red and Rover  :doah: my favorite.

the sports section was 10X better then the st cloud paper, but still no amatuer baseball reports!!!!!! :confused:

i'm not missinf the daily paper as much as i thought.............but the saga continues!!!!!!! :pouty: like dutchy i like turning pages way more the nlooking at some screen more then i do now!!!!1
« Last Edit: August 08/14/22, 10:28:50 AM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I too prefer the print and that's why I'm debating real hard about dropping the Alex paper...  it's $93.00 a year and 2 issues a week....  but I have access to on with it..  if I was to get on line only it would be $$123.00 a year..   :scratch:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And the worst part I read yesterday the times cut 7 or 9 writer positions, so it's only going to get worse.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I put out yesterday for ya...   I'll most likely renew for one more year... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
that's what I put out yesterday for ya...   I'll most likely renew for one more year...
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: oh yea!!! :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 61 here and heading for upper 70s again today. Didn't get much of anything done yesterday. In the morning I pulled a muscle in my back about mid way up. One of those can't hardly breathe moments. Took it easy to try and get it to relax. Still a bit stiff this morning. Well, Getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man that sucks JB.  Hope it gets better fast.  Working too hard.  What a beautiful morning.  57 and calm here.  We got 43 jars of pickles done yesterday.  Some were kind of big so I cut them in spears.  They all sealed except one of them.  We put that one in the frig.  Maybe it sealed when it got cold.  Watched the game too.  Had a good day.  Man the grass is growing like crazy.  That is today's project.  Have a good one. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Been gone the past few days. Went to Leech to split some wood and a little landscaping at our oldest son's new place. Friday, we headed to campground for a couple of days for some good eats and a few cold beers. Today I should do some prep work for the concrete apron for the new garage. That's getting done on Thursday, I think. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:

Take it easy on the back JB
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 61 here and going for 76 today, time to take the bike for going over and a new front tire, got just shy of 26,000 miles on it so it's down to almost nothing...  had a nice ride yesterday too..   got the mower figured out too, darn thing decided to start scalping the yard..  that will be cured tomorrow when I change the blades...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

JB take care of your back!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 61* here early & we'll hit 77* later. I mowed between the garage & big shed yday PM, after it finally dried. Helped the neighbor drop a big maple in the morning that'll be in the way of his new patio. Quite a bit of work left there, so I'll check with him in a bit. Had a little breeze early on so I went for a boat ride today, already. Had some action but nothin made it to the boat. No more now, hopin your Monday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Looks like it's burned the fog off but at least it will be nice and soaking wet in the fields for a while. Finished picking beans yesterday then got roped into fitting & trimming a 4-H sheep for the fair. I was not a happy camper as the parents never showed up to assist, just the little girl who's taking the ewe to the fair. Found out later her folks and the rest of her family went to Rochester shopping! Time for these parents to step up to the plate or there will be no more 4-H sheep projects for their kids. We're not running a babysitting service here. Afterwards I finished mowing the lawn, bagged up the rest of the beans, did chores, froze some beans, grilled some burgers and had a couple G&T's. Enough is too much somedays. Hope your back feels better JB!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: August 08/15/22, 12:09:04 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers.........another day of shelf stocking done. man the frozen food/ cold food dept is going to be hurtin. 2 are quitting and the dept manager is leaving to soon....down to on and i heard he's looking elsewhere  to!!!!!!

got word over the weekend my brother is going under the knife thursday............bypass surgery!!!!!

putz outside day me thinks. JB take care of the back..........tell momma not to be so dang rough  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Mikey better join you there and you two can run the cold food operation.   :sleazy:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna run the cold beverage operation.  :sleazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Mikey better join you there and you two can run the cold food operation.   :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea no...........i made it clear i want no reponsibilities except to do what is asked of me!!!!!!!! simply put stuff on shelves!!!!

think they did have an inspector checking them over today???//