Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900625 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I wanna run the cold beverage operation.  :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: you'd need to go next door................ :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Mikey better join you there and you two can run the cold food operation.   :sleazy:

drive 60 plus miles for a part time job, thanks but no thanks!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent most of the day at the land. I modified an old single ladder stand to be used as a ladder to access a permanent tree stand. The original ladder was the normal boards nailed between trees and the nails on the top few rungs would be broken every year. Also, I'm not a fan of leaning backwards while climbing a tree. Turned out pretty good I'd say. Cost was right $0. I had everything including the ladder stand that previous landowner left in the woods.

I sat on the wheeler and watched this doe with twin fawns (one wouldn't pose for me). 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here with lightning, thunder and rain. We have .66" of rain so far and still coming down. Heading for 74 today. Wanted to cut grass last night but we got enough rain to keep me from doing that just after I got home from work. Guess that was the big guy telling me to rest my back. Still a little stiff, but I can move at least. Well just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 64 here and going to 77 today..  no rain here and not sure if we will..  not much going on today...   have a good day all...   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is raining here and has been thundering since about 3:30.  We have 1.3" so far.  The thunder was really loud when it started and Cooper kept poking me with his nose and then he jumped into bed between us.  He didn't like that thunder.  First time he has done that.  Man it is pouring now.  Will have rain most of the day so glad I mowed the lawn yesterday. Will be an inside day today.   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 63* with a few sprinkles now & we're shooting for 74* later. I just put a load of clothes in the dryer a bit ago as it looks like a rainy day here as well & we're talking about going into GR today instead of tomorrow. Looks kinda rainy the next 2-3 days here too, so we put Sis's boat back in the shed yday. Not much else here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........with rain forecasted off and on till saturday decided to mow the lawn yesterday. not sure whats on the agenda yet today but i'll figure something out. go thru the garden will be one project.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
When the wife left for work just after 6 she said we had 1.9" of rain then. We needed some rain, but this might be a little much.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When I mowed the grass was real long.  I was surprised at how there were some spots getting brown and it was dusty as heck.  I was hacking up all night from it.  TMI?  LOL

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Finally got the 4-H clan sent off to the fair in Owatonna about 9 last nite. They were running late so they were lucky the wife had everything ready for them when they arrived. Knew they were in trouble when I saw the guy's sprayer go by our house about 6:30. No way you can make the 20 mile trip to Owatonna with a horse in the trailer, unload it, get it entered, come back home, load up pigs, pick up a sheep, tack, and feed, then head back to Owatonna and make it in time for the entry deadline of 9 o'clock. No excuse for it. I'm sure the entry volunteers were thrilled to have to sit there waiting for them. Now they know they can get by with it, it becomes standard operating procedure. Just be glad when this 4-H fiasco will be over for another year. Enough drama w/o that.  :coffee:     
« Last Edit: August 08/16/22, 12:08:09 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 62 here and heading for 78 today. Ended up with 2" of rain yesterday. Got the grass cut last night. It sure got tall. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and might get to 80 today...  and a small chance of rain, none yesterday..  got the lawn mower deck readjusted so hopefully no more scalping..  then I got a text message about 6pm that my bike was done already!!   someone must have cancelled out so mine was moved up the line!!  so get that back this morning..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is a foggy morning and I do mean outside foggy.  We ended up with a tich over 1.5" of rain yesterday.  I may mow the small pasture today.  Will be later before it dries out though.  I will find something to do in the meantime.  So Mike did you ever get a trailer?  I sure like to one I got.  It is so light that I can grab the tongue and move it real easy.   Nice for mowing by it.  I watched the Twins last night and they were having a fun game taking care of the Royals.  Well have a great day.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........off to get new tires on the truck........... after that i'll pucker up...........they dont give them away anymore. nee to get sensors replaced to!!!!!!! getting closer to getting my 40 horse fixed to!!!!!

man you guys up north are getting lotz of rain. grand rapids had flood warnings out last night.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
No I did not LPS, I have access to a trailer right now and the rental price is a bottle of Mac...  I can't buy a trailer at those rates!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya that is pretty cheap trailer rental. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
No I did not LPS, I have access to a trailer right now and the rental price is a bottle of Mac...  I can't buy a trailer at those rates!!!   :rotflmao: :happy1:
so...........in other words......you bribe the rental guy!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so...........in other words......you bribe the rental guy!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

nope neighbor!!!    :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 64* here & we're headed for 78*, I hear. There looks to be ~.7" in our gauges, .3" yday afternoon with another .4" this morning with some nice sound effects & light show. The FF warning in GR was on 169 S @ the Pokegama bridge the way the Duluth news sounded. :scratch: Pretty hilly there & that's the low spot on that side of town. Not certain what's on the agenda for today yet, see where the day takes me. Have a great Wednesday!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: A bottle of Mac? :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mc Masters???

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: A bottle of Mac? :confused:

Mac Masters whiskey

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... and the rental price is a bottle of Mac...  I can't buy a trailer at those rates!!!
  ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
there we are Steve-o!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: I thought mac and cheese!!🤭 :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: I thought mac and cheese!!🤭 :rotflmao:

yea right by the bottle!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :crazy:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Poured the concrete for garage apron yesterday, pictures tomorrow. Installed a 48" wide shelf in it last week. Got me a ton of floor space back. the pictures are a before, two during and a done picture. Did it by myself and a loader on the tractor sure was handy. A little landscaping to do and I should be happy... until next Summer and then it's new blacktop for the driveway. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Great job there markn.  Nothing like having a lot of shelf space to fill up. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Markn! :happy1: