Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901103 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Finish scouting for soybean aphids today so we can put that to bed. Great job, markn! Can never have enough space to organize stuff.

Went to the 4-H sheep show last nite in Owatonna to watch the little neighbor girl show one of our black Cheviot yearling ewes. Be damned if she didn't win Champion yearling ewe and Champion breeding ewe overall. She deserved it. She'd worked almost daily with the ewe last year as a lamb but couldn't show it because the family had COVID. Still needs work on her showing technique but has even more work to do with her dysfunctional family. Her mother had never seen the sheep before yesterday. Her dad was late getting to the show & still in his farming clothes. :rolleyes: Poor kid is a middle child, wears an insulin pump and kinda gets left out. This gives her some identity. She worked hard enough with the ewe last year so it was really tame. That's an accomplishment. Cheviots are the quickest, most cunning and strongest lb. for lb. of any domestic sheep there is. If you can show them, you can show any breed. She should be very proud.  :happy1:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Great job there markn.  Nothing like having a lot of shelf space to fill up.
now he's got room for more "STUFF".  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
great to hear dotch!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great news for both Dotch and Mark!!!   congrats!!!!  yes Glenn he needs more stuff!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1:

just back home with the bike, let it rain now!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice that you're helping this young lady out Dotch. I keep telling everybody that you do have a good side.  :evil:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Roony is right, it's always nice to give the youngsters an opportunity to do different things that are not available in their normal environment.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice that you're helping this young lady out Dotch. I keep telling everybody that you do have a good side.  :evil:
be nice if he'd show that side on here occasionally!!🤭 :pouty:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That is great Dotch.  So you missed a few meals.  lol   Markn I am envious.  How big is your shed again?  Looks like that tractor is a much needed tool for you too. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to the neighbor girl Dotch on her first place!!! That is awesome!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 64 here and heading for 72 today it says. It sure was a humid one yesterday. Sounds like rain today. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, some noise outside and light rain..  66 going for 76 today..  going to Alex this morning and get a few things, don't need much so it will be a quick trip...   yes it was humid yesterday here too..  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to spend some time in a fair booth today. Hope it doesn't get too wet. Need to load some wood in the truck later to take to deer camp tomorrow.
Great job helping out the youngster Dotch. We all know you have a huge smile on your face.
LPS, it's 36'x48'. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 62* last I looked here & 76* is s'posed to be the high. We had another shot of rain, ~.2", last night about 4:30-5. We're under a Flood Warning until 1 pm today as some spots just south of us got hammered during the night. I heard 1 report of 6" in Cohasset overnight. :crazy: The list is short & it's really too wet for much of anything outside again this morning plus we have more precip on the way mid-afternoon so my mowing will wait another day. No more now, have a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 65 here and headed for 77 with heavy thunderstorms in the afternoon.  Then rain tonight and tomorrow too.  I mowed the small pasture yesterday.  Probably a couple of acres.  Man it was long and wet but got er done.  Sure looks nice after I mow it.  Probably get a few things done but no big deal today.  Have a good one.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Rain heading in tonite and sounds like it'll be here for a few days off and on. If we get another inch or so it should be enough to finish the corn and soybean crop. Need to retrieve and replace a couple sets of sticky traps then we'll see what the weather is up to. Would like to finish up mowing & plant a few more fall veggies if it holds off long enough. Thanks for the kind thoughts guys. The young lady deserves all the credit.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers....... man did it thunder and rain. could hear a few cracks inside the store and was it loud. Sue said shadow about jumped in her lap!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: bet we got an inch of rain. and its raining again. never fails water the garden and it rains........right dotch!!!!! :banghead: :rotflmao:

to wet out for now......i'll find somethin to do under a roof.......just not sure what roof yet!!!!!! :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I would suggest watering the garden... :coffee:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I had a good time picking out guns this morning. We picked out around 30 guns we plan to make available during our "Fall Gun Blast Raffle". Lots of very nice hunting guns of various calibers and various shotguns and some handguns. I will post a list soon. Should be very exciting. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gun blast in Long Prairie tomorrow at 5pm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mike89
If you go, let me know how the ran it. Just curious how other orgs do it. Thanks

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dumped an inch and a half out of the rain gauge and  doesn't look like we are done yet.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike89
If you go, let me know how the ran it. Just curious how other orgs do it. Thanks

I'll go for a bit, and I'll let all know... 

very little rain here, I think Glenn sucked it all down there!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: August 08/18/22, 06:47:56 PM by mike89 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So how's the early bird shift treating ya jb? I like it this away, no traffic either way really,  some in the afternoon but sure is nice being home early in the day.  Momma is going on a long girly weekend soon so the pooch better learn how to poop at 0 200 hours or he'll be holding it a smidge.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So how's the early bird shift treating ya jb? I like it this away, no traffic either way really,  some in the afternoon but sure is nice being home early in the day.  Momma is going on a long girly weekend soon so the pooch better learn how to poop at 0 200 hours or he'll be holding it a smidge.
she leaves you alone........huh??????????? :shocked: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like to call it unsupervised.  I usually hit the meat market here then. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 68 here and heading for 76 today. More rain this morning the way it sounds. The early bird stuff is treating me alright. As for traffic though. Up here there is actually more early since that is when the main production starts in the plant. After work coming home and finish packing and do like Markn to head for deer camp. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornin, im also up early for work at 330. Hate it.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  6 is early enough for me.  I don't even like getting up early to go fishing anymore.  My eggs are done so see ya later.  TGIF!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and rain, going for 69 they say..  sounds like rain most of the day too!!  GF's b-day today so I'll grill a couple t-bones for supper today...  she sure is enjoying her new job too!!  good for her...  got a few things to do today too..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning! 3 tenths of an inch here last night. We were at the Steele County Fair when the storm rolled through. It was fun watching people run.
Going to pick some apples today