Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901442 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 63* here & 72* will be the high. Some more rain mid-afternoon yday but I don't see much in our gauges, more after noon today again is the forecast. Went out after breakfast yday for a bit, did get 1 13"er. Quite a bit of action too, until it cleared off & the wind died ~ 10:00. Got a couple things to get me started today & we'll see after that. Hopin your Friday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just checked the rain gauge, 3/4 of an inch!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to head out around noon or so for Hubbard Co. Have just over a half a pick up load of wood. Roofer is supposed to shingle the barn (it's small) today and schoolhouse on Monday. Spend the night and head to Huntersville in the morning to shoot some ATA targets. Might have to repeat this on Tuesday with another load of wood, good thing gas is only $3.89 here :rotflmao:. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin, im also up early for work at 330. Hate it.
awe quit your whining!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: yea i get it seriously. last week when i went in early to unload trucks getting up that early kinda crimped me style. seems like your tired the rest of the day. although getting up early to head to the cabin, deer hunt or go fishing doesnt bother me!!!! :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers............raining here........not sure what the game plan is.............maybe pester the FW!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 60 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Nice rain last nite, .48" at the ranch & .40 in Bugtussle. Got my zero turn back late yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately the fence was grounded out at the neighbors & when I got home, chores hadn't been done yet. Could see rain coming on the radar so raced thru them & was able to get the lawn mowed just before it cut loose. Can flat out fly on the zt vs. the old Agco Allis or it wouldn't have happened. More bug counting then get mentally prepared for Crop Tour. I leave tomorrow morning so say nice things about me while I'm gone... :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well don't have to much fun then Dotch!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
stay safe and like Mikey said dont have to much fun!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: AND we always say nice things about you!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

hey and at least the corn will listen to your advice............there all ears!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and going to 75 today..  looks hazy outside but no rain in the forecast today..  got plenty done yesterday..  gun blast was going strong when we left last, but no luck for me..  oh well..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Having  breakfast at the store before heading to Huntersville. Busy place today. Pretty hazy outside with about 110% humidity. Have great day everyone, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin boys, 64* here early & 76* will be the high. The neighbor came back up ~ 3 yday so we had a little HH over at his place yesterday. Did get a little mowing done before the rain started~ 4. Got a couple things in mind for early, so that'll get me going. The annual meeting of the lake association is today at 1 too & we usually go to that. 'Bout it here, have a good day!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers....like Mark said air is pretty thick here. church bazzar is in town this weekend.....going down tonight to see the Fabulous Armadillos!!!!!!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: ok i might have a beer or 6!!!!! :rolleyes:

our supposed lake association meeting is next saturday but i havent heard where yet  :doah: :scratch: i did email the prez inquiring minds wanna know!!

gonna need to mow the lawn before i head north, thats ok that means where getting rain.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Are your lake associations pro fish habitat or do they wanna kill every weed in the lake? I generally have a pretty dim view of those groups, just because they own some lakeshore they think they can change the eco-system to make their property "pretty" and increase the value.

Pretty much why I quit going to small lakes.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are your lake associations pro fish habitat or do they wanna kill every weed in the lake? I generally have a pretty dim view of those groups, just because they own some lakeshore they think they can change the eco-system to make their property "pretty" and increase the value.

from what i remember and have read.........i dont see that with the assoc i just joined yet........to be honest i thought at one point years back they only cared about Jessie lake..... andthe lake ive fished in our area, and there the smaller lakes..........there's plenty of weeds!!!!!! :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How was your annual meeting, glenn? :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh:

:tut: Not that way here either, in fact 1 deep hump I've been fishing a lot lately has weeds down to 19'. It's tough to get the boat on or off the lift without having the motor trimmed enough so that the prop is the about the only thing in the water too. This 1 goes back to '88 so I think we're 1 of the oldest ones that's still operating in the state.
« Last Edit: August 08/20/22, 04:31:33 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't know never went, but the one on the 27th is supposed to be the fall meeting. Still no word?? :confused:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Cruz'i on the river today....
« Last Edit: August 08/20/22, 04:38:31 PM by HD »
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that would fun!!!   is that some sort  of open to the public thing down there??? 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, it is
My son-in-law used to drive the Princess and Queen in Taylors Falls, now he's driving the Queen down here in Lacrosse
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
that would fun!!!   is that some sort  of open to the public thing down there???

All you can drink beer & pizza 🍕, it's worth the price of admission!

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Life is good!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, that boat run is really sounding like fun!!  beer and pizza how can ya go wrong!!!  I'll bet they serve good beer too!!! 
55 here and going to try and get to 77, dense fog this morning too..  seems to be trying to clear up a little..  time to mow the grass again here too.. so thats #1 on the list today..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 58* here & we may hit 80* later. I helped the neighbor with the tree he cut down for a bit in the morning & we went to the lake meeting a bit after 12. It only took ~ 1 hour this time :happy1: & we needed 2 new people to sit on the board. :cool: Mowed a little late yday afternoon too. Not sure what's in store for today yet, have a great Sunday!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............well i survived last night :happy1: :happy1: but you guys are going to need to talk louder.....my ears are still ringing!!!!1 :rotflmao: man that band is good!!!!!!1

mowing the lawn is in order today, finish tweeking my stuff to head north!!!!!!!1

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.............well i survived last night :happy1: :happy1: but you guys are going to need to talk louder.....my ears are still ringing!!!!1 :rotflmao: man that band is good!!!!!!1

mowing the lawn is in order today, finish tweeking my stuff to head north!!!!!!!1

better get some ear plugs!!!   don't want that mean ol mower hurting yer hearing any more!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, got the yard mowed, trimmed and even some weed spraying done yesterday...  even got a short bike ride in..  got a few things to do today but that's ok cause I got the main things done..  onward and upward, as they say!!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good to be home.  Were in Luverne for my Dad's 90th birthday.  Was a good time.  Saw some friends and relatives I haven't seen for a long time.  It is 429 miles.  On the way down I got 23.7 mph until we hit Wilmar and headed SW then we were bucking wind and it went down to 22.1 mph.  Not too bad for a full sized truck.  The dogs and cat are happy to see us too.  I see a lot of dew on the grass and need to mow when it dries out.  Gonna be up to 85 today I think so may be brutal.  lol  I see some doc that didn't get sprayed that I will now have to cut and throw on our burn pile.  Cooper will help with that.  Well have a good one. 

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The last round of sporting clays and golf league is on tap for today. We fell out of first place last month, but only by one point. After that I need to fix my gravel in front of the garage. Put some tire ruts in it after the last rain. This morning's back yard head count came up with two does, three fawns, one turkey and a pheasant. Cat was in the house. All at the same time which was cool. Time to get going, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 61* for our start & 81* will be our high. Been working on cleaning/burning up some wood that is piled up along our drive when I can, so I messed with that a bit yday early. Mowed down by the road late afternoon too, so this round is pretty much in the books. The mower can use a little TLC now, so that's my starting point today. After that ................... :scratch:, no more now...............have a good 1!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son and I went fishing on Superior with dakids and a friend. We boated 8 lake trout and one 5 foot long 2" diameter birch branch. We also lost a couple at the boat. Great time with friends and my son. Now off to the land to work on trails and start working on bear baiting.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Howdy boys. Good to be back from deer camp. The kid and I got all the food plots in and almost all of the mowing done too. Right up until a diamond willow got wedge in the tractor wheel and ripped the valve stem off of the rear wheel. So now we will have some fixing to do next time there. Need to cut the grass at home after work today. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!