Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901960 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Thick fog here and 53.  Got things to do today so got up a little early today.  Gonna attack an elm tree that we knocked down a month ago so it wouldn't fall in the driveway.  Real dead so will be good firewood.  Will bring the branches to the campfire for tomorrow.  Coffee is tasting great!  Have a good one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all!!!  64 here and going for 75 today..  a misty start to today..  son DIL and GD are coming up Friday for a visit, that will be fun!! got a few things to do today so I'll keep busy..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 62 for us & we're headed for 73 later. We had a little < 3/4" here yday & it was really humid out here, much more so than GR IMO :scratch:, that it felt quite a bit warmer than what out thermometer said. With the rainy weather every place we stopped was pretty busy again yday. I too, have a couple irons in the fire but I'm not certain which 1 I'll grab 1st right yet. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Slight change of plans, headed North today instead of Yesterday. Hope the contractor will have the shingling project done tomorrow before it rains on Saturday. I think we will end up covering both building with new sheathing, that add a couple of grand to the final price. Got to see if the pork chops and hamburgers are ready to get loaded the trip, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 and going toward 77 today...  chance of rain tonight, only 40% but a chance..  got a few things done yesterday..  get ready for my son's visit tonight..  have a good day all    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  53 here and shooting for 83 the last that I looked.  Rain tonight and tomorrow it looks like.  Gonna have a fire and cook supper over the fire too.  Not sure what yet though.  Got all of the branches and smaller stuff cut off that elm tree and will finish it up today.  Then it is time to start a fire.  Have a good one.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Got up a little late this morning and had to hurry. Got done with my 2.5 hours out in production. Back to my day job now. Plan is to stain house and garage this weekend. Renting a boom lift tomorrow. So that should guarantee some rain for us LPS. Cooking over camp fire sounds great. Really love doing pork chops over fire. They really take the smoke. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Afernoon gang! Back from the Pro Farmer Crop Tour. It's a long walk through corn fields all the way from Ohio. Good to be home but there's a bunch of crap I should get done this afternoon before heading to the MN State Fair tomorrow. Just hope I don't run into that schmuck Tyrant Timmy. Crops were so-so in OH, IN & IL. Not as good as they looked from the road. MN corn crop in the southern part of the state is a beast. No squeaking sound today. I like it.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: August 08/26/22, 02:08:09 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon people, went out :fishing: early again & actually caught a couple. :cool: Too small though, so back they went. Had an important project that took all mornin after that, finally got a little time. Another keeper of a day here. Lookin like our best shot at rain is from ~3 -7 AM tomorrow. 'Bout it here, enjoy your evening.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and going for 82 today..  got maybe 25 drops of rain yesterday..  saying maybe tomorrow now..  got lots done yesterday and had a great time when the kids showed uo..  got an egg bake in the over now for us..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and light rain. Got .46" so far this morning. Heading to 79 today they say. The rain has put a halt to the house staining project. So I cancelled the rental of the lift last night. So we will work on other projects today. Maybe go mow our campsite down in the forest for next weekend. First thing on the list this morning will be to finish out the wife's pea shooter together. Started tinkering with that last night. Well have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 63 now & we may hit 80* later. We had a lot of thunder & lightning around 5, & there looks to be ~ .6" in our gauge. Kind of breezy early today too. I need to mow again but it's way too wet now, maybe later. If not, there's always tomorrow. Got a couple other things in mind to begin the day & then .............. :scratch:. No more now, have a good day.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  68 and kinda muggy this away, just a trace in the rain gauges.  The pooch took us on a 2 mile stroll earlier,  coffee and outdoor news is all wrapped up. The kids and der pooches are coming over in a bit, then we'll over and storm the old folks high rise and visit Ma and Pa,  that's always a good time. Kinda funny, the whipper snapper got  a year old clawed kitty Kat, the golden retriever found out fast that he's not in charge anymore..lol. Anywho,  enjoy your Saturday gents... See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
them darn cats!!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We were in the camper and this morning about 5:30 it rained pretty good.  Loud on the roof.  We got just under a half inch.  I need to mow wo hope this strong wind dries it up before more rain hits.  Otherwise like Gunner said there is always tomorrow.  More rain possible then.  Oh well.  No big plans for the day but I am sure I will come up with something. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
evening fellers.........came back today about 3;30ish. my ears where ringing all the while up north so i gather i was verbally abused whilst gone!!!!!!!!!!  :confused: :doah: got lotz of catching up to do.

but it was pretty wet up there and fishing was so-so..........i'll be back up there in 8-9 days anyway.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
1.4 " in the gauge this morning. Should be enough to finish the crops around here. Have a great day!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 66 here and going for 83 again..  didn't get there yesterday and we only got a few rain drops again.. saying we will today..  we will see...  at least I got the yard mowed the other day so bring it on!!   got some more junk cleaned out of the garage last night too..  more for the trash man..   have a good day all    :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
65 degrees here in International Falls this morning. Wind chimes are singing so we have a wind also.
Went to the weigh in for the International Falls Bass Championship yesterday. Had a good time. The Canadians won again. Tough day fishing with the wind, lots of 10# bags and smaller.
Thinking of taking the trike for a scoot to Baudett this morning, need to check the weather first. Lawn could also take a quick cutting. I can usually get the whole thing done in around a hour.

Stay safe!
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 66 here & shootin for 77 later. Still very glenn-like too. ;) :smiley: The neighbor only had ~.3" in his gauge yday so :huh: ............I guess ours didn't get emptied last time. :rolleyes: More precip comin our way again startin about 7 tonight. Went for a boat ride after lunch yday & the lake was rockin & rollin pretty good. Still too wet to mow late yday afternoon so I'd like to get at that today.  Hopin your Sunday's a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A beautiful morning here.  Some wind.  I see some thunderstorms with some severe today and some rain tonight and tomorrow.  I am glad the wind dried up the grass nicely yesterday so I got most of the mowing done.  Not sure if I will just relax all day or get something done.  We shall see.  I will watch the last quarter of the Vikes today as I couldn't get er done last night.  Coffee is brewing.  Later boys.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 69 here and heading for 79 today. Like LPS said talking thunder boomers this afternoon and evening. We shall see. Today will be just a work on different projects kind of day. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
It's Youth Day here in Alex at the trap range. I was at the booth last Thursday during the fair and we had 2,200 kids signed then. So I'm guessing we should get 2,500 to 2,600 today, weather permitting. There will be 45 hands-on events for kids. Here again weather permitting. Have a great day everyone, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........looks like it could rain.........i got some things to finish up and then get some things done i didnt do while i was gone.

wife didnt kill the garden so that a good start!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son says he is coming over to get the 67 Dodge Polara running. He wants to drive it to a car show someplace. I couldn't get it started last year due to no spark. I played with it for a while but it's too hard to work on alone. My dad bought it new in 1967 and I bought it from him a while back in 2011. It had been sitting in his barn for a number of years. It's a survivor car as it's all original and no restoration has been done.

Paying for and getting the keys to the car from my dad

***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW  very cool!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes nice ride!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It's in great shape also!! Mornin peoples 70 and muggy again.  Had a minor rain delay but we got our 2 mile stroll in, pretty good storm here kadt night, lots of leaves and limbs scattered around da yard, 1 3/4 in gauge but they got it worse just east of here. Anywho gonna runna a few errands and loaf the rest of the day, ya that sounds splendid... See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 68 at choretime, heading for a high in the low 80's. 2.61" of precip at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. & 2.55" in Bugtussle. A lot of heavy rain, up to 5" in places. More rain possible tonite. Still recovering from the aftermath of Crop Tour and State Fair yesterday. Had my obligatory foot long, then we done good, winning our first trifecta in several years. Need to get motivated to grab some feed & go pick up some of our sheep coming off the road later this afternoon. Nice car deadeye! Our grade school principal had one just about like that. We did not touch it, fearing the wrath of god.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey congrats on the win and on scoring the footlong!!!!    :happy1: :happy1: