Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902659 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, don't you just love those days.  :azn:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 57 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Worked in the garden until dark after chores last nite. Debating whether I want to do that tonite or mow lawn. Prolly should do garden stuff. The lawn will be there this weekend when I have full afternoons w/o dew to contend with it. Sent my expense report in for Crop Tour yesterday and was asked if I'd go on next year's edition. Told them I would. Didn't tell them that might be it. I'll be 65 and that will make #20 Crop Tour for me. I'd like to have that week+ of my life back every summer again. Not like I'm sitting around with nothing else to do.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
markn, don't you just love those days.  :azn:
It’s the sitting around waiting on other people that gets me. Waiting for a deer to walk by is a different story. They stopped by, took some measurements and hopefully the pipes and others parts show up end of this week and we can install everything next week.
mm

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
. I'll be 65 and that will make #20 Crop Tour for me. I'd like to have that week+ of my life back every summer again. Not like I'm sitting around with nothing else to do.
Jeez, you sure are gettin' old.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
. I'll be 65 and that will make #20 Crop Tour for me. I'd like to have that week+ of my life back every summer again. Not like I'm sitting around with nothing else to do.
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :super smiley: :super smiley:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

This afternoon while I was sitting on a bench swilling Modelo Negra's with my 83 year old buddy, another 80 year old pal called to talk to us about a car cruise to the local care center. After I hung up, a 70 year old friend called because he heard we were drinking beer in the middle of the afternoon. Thought to myself, I gotta get some new friends.  :doah:
« Last Edit: August 08/31/22, 06:34:38 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like ya got some darn good one's there too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and again going for a humid 87...  might fire up the mower today and get that done...  several things to do before the holiday weekend..  get them done I guess!!  have a good day all...    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to bring the granddaughter to town for swimming practice this morning and then I thinks I'll stop by and grab some grass seed with hopes it isn't too late for that. After that if it's hot and humid it may be a tv afternoon. Need another load of wood split before I venture back up to deer camp too. After that there's about three days of projects in the garage too. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and heading for high 80s today too. Already sticky outside. Nice flight to Fargo and then back last night. Pretty cool looking at the grid patterns from up above. Cut the grass after I got home last night. Finished just before dark. Full day today at work and then sneak out early tomorrow. Have a good one boys.

Hey look your bobber is up!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is great JB.  Having coffee with Bob on my lap.  She thinks she needs some attention.  She watches me type.  I need to mow too.  I have been mowing the grass a little longer than usual.  I may have to go a notch shorter.  I hate to wish summer away but man this grass should start slowing down soon shouldn't it?  I picked some green beans, maters, and cukes last night.  Better make cuke, mater salads today.  Gonna be a hot one.  They are saying 89 for today and then in the 70's for tomorrow.  Will be nice over the weekend too I think.  Well better get going later boys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Worked at weeding in the garden last nite until dark. Of course it gets dark now by 8 so it just sounds good. Can't get near as much done. Should pay some bills & commence doing yield estimates. Got everything ready to go, just need to get motivated. Not easy after spending last week doing the exact same thing. I can go at it with a lot more leisurely pace tho & I don't have to meet up with a whole group of people a couple hundred miles away. If I get too hot & tired, I quit for the day. The milk line is just starting to show on some of the early planted, early maturing hybrids so there's time.     

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 70 and going to 80 today..  not as hot as yesterday...  got some thunder and lightning in the area but not much rain..  got several things going today, some to get ready for the weekend and some that just need to be done...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!! 72 here and that is the high for today. Short day in the salt mines today. Going to sneak out early. Da wifey took today off and is going to start working on the staining project. I will start when I get home. We were going to go camping down in Beltrami this weekend, but the forecast for a week from saturday is now showing rain all weekend. So I finally conceded that she was right and better get it done while it is nice out. I will call a see if the boom is available to rent for tomorrow. They said last week that they have 2. so keeping my finners crossed. Maybe even get it yet today and start the high up stuff today. Well, you boys have a good one!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
JB you should know better then believe the weather terrorists!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning fellers..........like HD i'll be making up a batch of salsa today. had to buy maters  :doah: :confused: i do see a  :campfire: and  :toast: in the forecast however!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning here.  Gonna be a great day too.  72 which is right in the comfort zone.  Good luck with the staining project JB.  I will finish the mowing today and get the camper ready for the weekend.  The meat market here makes a great potato sausage so will get one of them and simmer it in beer and then brown it.  Bush's beans on the side.  Great campfire food. Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 72 & breezy here & headed for 74, they say. Had a must do project early yday, so we hit the ground runnin. It went surprisingly well & we were pretty much done by 10:30. The neighbor has a project he wants help with today, so that's where I'll start. It could take a little time so................. :scratch: I won't plan nothin else 'til that's done. Have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A spot at the campground opened up yesterday and the wife grabbed it so it looks like we're camping this weekend. Our second son and I drove up to Bemidji yester afternoon to look at a snowmobile. Nice sled and a great deal, he bought it. Now he has to go back up next week to pick it up. Got to go, later... :happy1: :happy1:

Good luck jb, they don't call it Labor Day for nothing.
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 65 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Feels a little more like July than September although there is a breeze keeping it from feeling too uncomfortable. Lotsa stuff to do at the ranch this weekend. I got most of the hardcore weeding done so much of it will be mowing, trimming and harvesting. Mrs. Cheviot comes home Sunday after a lengthy stint at the MN State Fair. She's been up there since Aug. 23rd. A lot more than I could handle or afford. The Stude needs to get out and stretch its legs so hopefully can work that in. Have a good one, dudes!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So you've been unsupervised all this time?? :confused: :surrender: :rotflmao:

You might need to hire the county snow plow guy to clean up. :rotflmao:

I too am unsupervised today!! :sleazy: :smoking: all I'm doing is work... Work .. work. :confused:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice morning here.  Gonna be a great day too.  72 which is right in the comfort zone.  Good luck with the staining project JB.  I will finish the mowing today and get the camper ready for the weekend.  The meat market here makes a great potato sausage so will get one of them and simmer it in beer and then brown it.  Bush's beans on the side.  Great campfire food. Have a good one.

ya got me thinking about the tater sausage and by golly I found one in the freezer!!!   next week I'll dive into that!!!!    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
So you've been unsupervised all this time?? :confused: :surrender: :rotflmao:

You might need to hire the county snow plow guy to clean up. :rotflmao:

Usually I use the skidsteer but I'm thinkin' more along the lines of a payloader and an excavator this time... :doah:
« Last Edit: September 09/02/22, 05:19:12 PM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 and going for 73 today..  a pleasant sounding day!!  got several things to make this morning, tater salad, egg bake and stuff manicotti shells..  then the rest of the day to boot!!  at least it won't humid today!!   have a good day all!!   :happy1: 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
47 degrees this morning in International Falls. Going to be another nice day. Yesterday was a top 10 in my book!

Mow some grass today, give the bird feeders some attention. Maybe take the bike for a scoot this afternoon. Have to shop a wedding card also, step-sons wedding is next Saturday so I best get that taken care of.

Have a safe holiday weekend. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here and heading for low 70s. Getting ready to start staining again this morning. Need to get the lift back by 2this afternoon. Wife thinks everything needs a 2nd coat. So time to hit it. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Drinking coffee in the camper so I'm thinking I'll slip home with the excuse to water the new grass seed and split some wood for an hour and then take a shower. The one in the camper is a bit on the small size for me. May run over to Rose City for lunch....decisions, decisions. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
haven't been to Rose City in ages, food used to be very good there!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............should be a gunner and mikey kinda day!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: yep gotta like this weather..........it sure changed last night!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............should be a gunner and mikey kinda day!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: yep gotta like this weather..........it sure changed last night!!!!!!!

ya mean ya got chores to do today!!!   WOW!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: