Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904583 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Up and at em early today.  Will get 2 of my 3 loads of round bales today.  I get them in the field and strap them down and head for home.  I help the other guy strap his load too.  My back is killing me from all of the lifting this weekend so took some ibuprofens.  Hope that helps.  Well you have fun Glenn.   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to clean out camper today, literally. Dumper some sort of cleaner stuff in the black tank and filled it with water yesterday. Claims it will clean out the entire tank. We'll see. The sensors says it's 3/4 full all of the time. After that I may remove the mower from the Kubota, clean it up and put that away. Sounds like enough for now, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 57 here & we may see 80 later. Went for a little boat ride early today, dropped a line in a couple spots but no :fish2:. Mowed out front & down by the road yday afternoon, so we're good there for a couple days. Got company comin, Sis & BIL, later this AM but I don't think they plan on 'til the weekend. :scratch: There's a couple things on my list to start my day & we'll go from there. No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 66 here and heading for 79 today. Looking like another nice day. Slept in this morning. We are still getting over the crud. Still feel good enough though to get a few things done. I plan to go put up a couple of tree stands today. I did some welding on them last night to hopefully get rid of the squeaky spots. Then I think we may put the dock in the lake. Maybe a little late, but the lake has come down a lot. So, we might as well get a months use out of it. Well, you boys have a good one.
« Last Edit: September 09/06/22, 08:31:34 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the water isn't too cold when you put your dick in there. You know, shrinkage.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the water isn't too cold when you put your dick in there. You know, shrinkage.

LMAO!!! Stupid fat fingers.  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/06/22, 08:36:02 AM by Jerkbiat »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
roony sees all the good typo's... :pouty:

Afternoon gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Whew! What a morning! Typical coming off a weekend with a holiday Monday. Just know going in that it will be utter chaos fraught with a lot of interruptions and stupid questions. Making a print deadline while trying to coordinate a tour for about 25 Brazilians of the ethanol plant in Claremont for next Monday. They also want to visit with me concerning the corn and especially the soybean crop. If you've ever dealt with South Americans on this level, you learn quickly most have little concept of time. No exception here. After being contacted back in early August, hadn't heard a peep. Until yesterday. They were also supposed to be meeting with Cargill in Minneapolis next Monday but hadn't confirmed that visit yet either. Good luck with that. I may be entertaining them for longer than anticipated. Maybe I should borrow a friend's karaoke machine... :whistling:     
« Last Edit: September 09/06/22, 12:43:57 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

LMAO!!! Stupid fat fingers.  :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
Ah huh, just another way of checking out the Northern lights..lol.  :happy1:  Dotch you get all the good visitors.   ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 63 here and going for 83 today..  made it to Sartell yesterday and then over to Manea's meats..  got some more chorizo and andule   sausage, and a potato sausage too..  then seen a gas station on the way out that had gas for $3.299..   58 cents cheaper than LP!!!  so filled the car for sure!!!  going to Alex this morning for a few things, then just putz around here...   have a good day all!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 here and going for 80 today. We put the dock  ;) in yesterday afternoon and the water was pretty nice. No shrinkage to worry about. Crazy that it feel like the beginning of summer and we are already into September. Oh well, we will get a month of use out of it. Well, back in the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 55 early here & we won't quite hit 80, they're sayin. Our company got here around 10 yday & we stayed pretty busy after that. Had to slow ~ 4:30 for a little HH though. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: We're headed for GR this AM too, we don't need much so it should be a quick trip. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We just lost power for a second and back with you now.  It is gonna be a hot one today.  I have an earache so the wife put some stuff in it.  Should help.  Can't hear out of it neither.  Maybe a wax buildup.  Think I will do some mowing today.  Have our bales for winter here so that feels good to have done.  Need to go to town to pay some bills to so the dogs get a ride in the Ol Ford.  Steak and eggs for breakfast in a few minutes too.   :sleazy:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Plot day to head to after a bit at the golf course east of Bugtussle. Need to deliver some more string beans too so that might take a while especially if I'm forced to drink beer! Wasn't able to find enough time to get the Stude out over the weekend so will get it fueled up tonite for a short engagement tomorrow. We're going to the care center first then to Barney's drive-in in Waseca afterwards. We have a guy in the club who's always running out of gas. Don't want to be that guy. Toodles!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well I made it back from town and gas dropped there. but I still paid 30 cents less yesterday..  scored some baby back ribs for $3.99 and the got $3.00 off a rack!!  sooo I think smoked ribs in my future!!   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 68 and going toward 89 today, along with windy and humid..  got a few things to do today but am going to just plug along with them..  did get the bike out for a nice ride yesterday, about 55 miles...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 73 here this morning and I think that will be the temp until later this evening when the cold front moves thru. Possibly get some rain showers today. Didn't do much last night except fling some arrows out of my bow. Fine tuning the archery skills.  ;) Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Windy dark and 68 here.  Looks like rain.  So about last Thursday Buddies right eye was getting irritated.  He was rubbing it but it was still open.  Now he doesn't even open it.  I tried to flush it out with saline but that didn't help.  It looks to me like his bottom eyelid is turning in like Cooper's did.  He is about 12.  Never heard of it and now both dogs have had it.  It is a genetic thing and dogs with it shouldn't be bred.  I will call the Vet today. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck with the dogs lps. Headed to DL to help out a friend clean out his food stands at We Fest. Should be warm enough to do that today. Got to run, later.. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 66 here last I looked & we're on our way to 83. We got back from GR before noon yday & I messed with getting rid :campfire: of some of the old downed wood that lays along our driveway. Was up early today so went out :fishing:, did find 1 nice crappie willin. That was it though, so I let it go. Going to mess with deck on the old mower some today & just go from there. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup 2nd Markn LPS, good luck with the pups!!!   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-80's. A lot of balls in the air today. Hay possibly getting baled but hoping I don't have to unload it, still working on the Brazilian visit scheduled for Monday, car cruise tonite, & an anniversary, #38. Prolly another half dozen things I should be doing but those are the priorities for the day. Good luck with Buddy's eye Barry. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming... :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/08/22, 09:15:39 AM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats on # 38 to ya both Dotch!!!!   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congratulations on #38 Dotch!!!

Good luck with Buddies eye LPS.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats short timer!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!!! I could get used to a 3 day week.  ;) 54 here this morning and heading into high 60s I think. It will just be a project around the house kind of weekend. Hi on the list will be to get some tree stands out. As Glenn would say maybe a  :campfire: and  :toast: could be had. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and might see 63 today..  what a difference a day makes!!   :rotflmao:  getting some rain this morning and that's ok with me...  been picking apples like crazy, get them while they are good yet!!!   got more on the tree too..   have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Not a drop of rain here but looks like it is barely missing us.  Dutch may be getting it over in the Falls.  Buddies eye is looking better so that is a relief.  He is more active and seems happier.  He is opening it more now too.  Never did go to the Vet since it looks better.  I put a cold wash cloth over it for a few minutes a few times a day.  He likes that.  Also my ear is still plugged so the wife puts stuff in it so waiting for that to clean it out.  Sucks.  lol  We will be having a fire later this afternoon too.  Will be nice with it cooler outside.  You all have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 57 here last I looked & it sounds like 66 will be our high. Sis/BIL hit the road ~ 4:45 & I was up so I jumped in the boat a bit later. Had a little rain during the night & again when they were leavin but it'd pretty well stopped by the time I went out :fishing:. Found 1 little rock-o that was hungry but that's it. No big plans for today.......................so far. :scratch: Have a great day!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got my buddies food stands pretty much winterized until next year. Left the three deep fryers for last and now I know why. By the time we got them emptied out and cleaned up I smelled like a 200 pound corn dog. Shower felt great when I got home. Think I'll toss some wood in the truck for a trip up North and put some of my fishing stuff away. Layter... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Managed to make it to the care center with the car club and made a lot of old folks day when we drove thru. Afterwards we went to Barney's drive-in at Waseca for supper. They were glad to see us and our 11 cars. We got free ice cream out of the deal and then they gave several of us $15 gift certificates. Only fly in the ointment was seeing a load of hay had been dumped in front of the barn when we got home. Got that moved in under a roof prior to doing chores this a.m. Heavy bales and hoping they keep. 🤞