Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4905878 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Dotch I was watching Mecum car auctions last night and watched several Studebakers sell, including a wagon!!!   they talked about a museum to in Indiana I think...  fun to watch that stuff... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Some of those station wagons are high dollar collectibles if they're in good shape, like the Wagonaires. Could slide the top open and haul a refrigerator in one of those. The Studebaker National Museum is in South Bend IN. I know the folks at Ag Day & US Farm Report that are headquartered there. I have a standing invitation to go to a Notre Dame football or hockey game as well as tour the museum if I get a chance.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that almost looks like the wagon last night!!   roof didn't open on that one...   cool!!! 

if I ever get over that way I think that would be a great place to see!!   
« Last Edit: September 09/09/22, 11:13:22 AM by mike89 »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 here and looking for 68 today..  it was a nice day yesterday got a few things done too...  might try to mow out by the apple tree today..  it's getting long there..   and no scary dogs here, thankfully!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice cool morning here.  The furnace just kicked in.  I have coffee brewing.  The wife is still in bed.  I think the north wind blew JB's crud down here to me.  Been feeling crappy for a couple of days.  Gonna take it easy today.  Will watch Gophers at 11.  Buddies eye looks better this morning.  Good thing.  Well you guys have a good one. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Haven't dumped the gauge yet as I'm waiting until 8 or when it stops raining, whichever comes first. When I looked it already had north of .7" in it. Turned out to be .79". Crops are about done using water for the season so we can put most of it in the bank for next year's crop. Have another car cruise today, this time to Wykoff, not too far to the east of where I grew up. As we used to say, why cough when you can sneeze?  ;) Annaway, the Stude still had oil in it so after wiping some bugs off and maybe putting another light coat of Rain X on the windshield just in case, should be ready to go. Flying solo today which kinda sucks. I gotta get some tunes in it somehow for such occasions.
« Last Edit: September 09/10/22, 08:12:38 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 50 last I looked here & 68 is s'posed to be the high. Got some mowing that needs to be done as well, way too wet now though. Went out :fishing: under the full moon, just 1 small rock-o again today. 'Bout it here, hope you enjoy what will most likely be our last squeak- free day, for at least a little while. ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 51 here and heading for 65 today. Coffee is tasting good this morning. Slept in a bit. Hope you feel better LPS. That darn north wind. I just couldn't hold my breath long enough.  ;) Not sure what project to start with, but breakfast will be first. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  58 and gloomy here. That stinks lps, have fun on your cruise today Dotch.  2 mile stroll in, coffee and outdoor news all wrapped up, yep just a few little yapper pooches showing jealousy aa we walk by here. Gotta few errands to run but the highlight of the weekend is doing up a 14.5 # whole packer brisket tonight.  Probably start it around 9 and hopefully it's done by mid afternoon tomorrow.  Not sure what momma was thinking on this one, lots a leftovers maybe.. anywho enjoy the Saturday fellas.. See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 this morning and heading towards 72 today...   got the grass mowed too!!  did a few other things and then went over to some friends place just down the road a bit and had a nice visit..  not sure what I have going on today...   have a good day all..   :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 42 here and heading for 71 today. Supposed to be another nice day. Worked on a few things around the house yesterday and also got a couple tree stands out up yesterday. Also got a couple trail cameras out too. Today will be more of the same. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 47 here & we may hit 70 later. Worked on my driveway cleanup project a bit early yday & helped the neighbor take down a tree before lunch as well. Mowed a little in the afternoon as well. So nice out that I took the boat out for a bit later, only 1 little nord  to show for it. Lots of others out too. No more now, have a good Sunday!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
41 here this morning in the deep south. Ya'll have a great day.
« Last Edit: September 09/11/22, 08:10:00 AM by roony »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice morning.  I feel the crud much less this morning.  Did some little putzing around yesterday so got a little accomplished.  Will do that this morning too whilst waiting for football.   :happy1:  First game 49ers at Bears.  Will be fun to see how Marshall's Trey Lance does against Bears Fields.  Then the big game the whole world is waiting for the Vikes.   LOL   I sure hope we smoke the Pack.  Well see ya later. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 here for a low, 46 in Albert's Leaf, 41 at Waseca and 43 at Owatonna altho nothing like I Falls where the recorded low at the airport was 33. Heading for a high in the low 70's here. Cruise went well yesterday altho I would up riding with another guy whose wife didn't go. Mrs. Cheviot couldn't go either. It sux to drive alone especially with no tunes or a crappy radio at best. Jim & I get along great and between the 2 of us, we know a lot of the backroads here in southern MN. Visited an old grocery store on main st. in Wykoff where they still had a lot of the old stuff still in it from the 30's and before. Another guy from Wykoff happened to see us there & invited us to look at some of his old cars down the street. Then we bumped into a guy at Dexter when we stopped who wanted to talk old cars. Fun day. Got home & found out the lady I've been supplying string beans to will be under hospice care. The cancer has moved from her lung to her stomach. One of the kindest, most caring and giving souls you'd ever want to meet. Hadn't had any health issues until about a year ago.  Life is not fair.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup cancer sucks......

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You got that right Mike.  Sorry to hear that Dotch.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
howdy fellers...........got home about 1;30 today. all unloaded....... fishing was MEH.........got hailed and rained on yesterday on the lake but not bad enough to chase us off. nice weather otherwise!!!!!!!!  :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So my son heard about this trick to keep them damn flies at bay.  It's not 100% fool proof but works pretty good. Shiny pennies in water. Think it works best with sunshine. It supposedly messes with there eyes.
« Last Edit: September 09/11/22, 08:21:33 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 and heading to 79 today..   61 in the house so the furnace cycled one time to take the bite off to shower..  thinking about going to Runnings in St. Cloud today..  got some done yesterday while outside..  had the football game on the radio and was fun to listen too!!!  congrats Bobber!!!  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 53 and heading for 79 here too. It was a nice weekend. Sure would have been a nice weekend to fish.  :pouty: Oh well, got some things done that needed to get done. So to here about your friend Dotch. Cancer does suck. Well, back in the salt mines today. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  44 here at the moment.  Sure is darker in the mornings.  Used to start getting light before 5 and now it is a lot later.  No wind yet.  Great game day yesterday.  I read that Cousins was asked to give Oconnel and Kwesi each a game ball.   :happy1:  Hope they can keep this up now.  No big plans for the day.  Sharpen chain saws and I do have a few rounds to split yet.  Have a good one.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  44 here at the moment.  Sure is darker in the mornings.  Used to start getting light before 5 and now it is a lot later. 
Seems like it did the same damn thing last year.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and maybe the year before that too...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a conspiracy.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 48 last I looked here & I'm hearin 77 will be the high. It was just starting to get light as I headed to the boat a little before 6 today & that's about 1 1/2 hours later than at that start of Summer here. Got a couple little things on my list to start my day & we'll see :scratch: after that. 'Bout it here, have a good 1!
« Last Edit: September 09/12/22, 08:21:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 46 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Waiting on a busload of Brazilians to show up. Originally they were supposed to be here at 10:30 so it's been pushed back to after 11 now. Can almost make book on stuff like that. Once we get that fiasco over with then I can get back into the fields and do yield estimates again. Fun never stops. Ta ta! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 again and going towards 80 today...  time for a hair cut!!!  getting shaggy...  that will feel good when it's done!!  other than that just some usual things to do today around here...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 59 here, but the wind is blowing off of the lake making it feel warmer. Heading for a high of 63 today. I could use a hair cut to Mike. Getting shaggy like you too. Got the grass cut last night and then set up the sprinklers and started watering. The grass is getting a little bit dry in spots. Give it a little presoak before the rain at the end of the week. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.