Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901232 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Just went for our walk and had a few sprinkles hit us.  Got the boat in yesterday so now it will be cold and wet and windy for a few days.  That's ok it will be nice next week.  Good for you Mike.  I hope they feel great.  You guys have a good day.

Just started raining.
« Last Edit: September 09/21/22, 07:21:15 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 53 for our start & we may get ALL the way up to 56. Signed a contract for a new shed yday AM & then the demo guy showed up ~ 5 too. So, things are looking up on that front. :happy1: :cool: Did a little shelf work inside the pod yday as well. Need a few things so we're headed to GR today too. There's some mowing needed here as well, not sure about today though. :scratch: Better run, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Gonna head to Ramsey to the union hall to see the girls!!! Bringing presents too.

Mike did they tell you to break those inserts in slowly??? If you've never had them it may take a while to get used to. Mine did! Good luck
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
find out at 930 this morning :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Headed to vet in a few minutes to get a booster shot for the wife's cat. He hates going in any vehicle. After that I think I'll dive into the wood splitter project. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's with the possibility of some light sprinkles.  Saw as high as 92 yesterday so I opened the windows back up this a.m. after running the AC. More yield estimates to finish today. Eventually I'll get 'em done. Corn yields look phenomenal. The wife gets home tomorrow late afternoon so I should be able to shove everything in the hole I dug last time she was gone!  :coffee: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Splitter project almost done. Now it will track behind the four wheeler on and off the trailer better and is two and half inches taller which is a little less bending over while splitting. Just need to toss a couple inch and half long welds on the front and back and shoot a coat of paint on them. Might try to tackle winterizing the camper today. Have to see where the ambition level is after lunch. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice Mark!  :happy1:
Mornin boys. 46 here and heading to near 60 today. Had the fellow out to pump our septic tank last night. Was good to get that done. Of course we were overdue to have it done. After that I did some cleaning in the garage. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 45 here and hope to see 61 today..   got my new shoes and inserts yesterday, way different feeling on the feet..  now to see how they work out..   says to break them slowly or to how you feel wearing them...  so far so good...  nice shoes and boots too...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

looks good Mark!!   
« Last Edit: September 09/22/22, 07:32:09 AM by mike89 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  40 here and just got done with our little walk.  Coffee time now.  Good that the shoes feel good Mike.  Nice splitter too Mark.  Something just feels good to have a nice splitter.  So does that hook up to hydraulics?  I don't see an engine or tank on it. Have to fix the horses salt block holder this morning and send someone a belated birthday present.  The grass has really shot up so that will have to be tended to also.  Then some fishing time.  May have to mow tomorrow.   :sleazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46 here last I looked & 60 is s'posed to be the high. Pretty chilly in the boat early today, so I didn't stay too long. Yday's breeze helped dry the long grass, so I mowed after we got home. Got a few things ready to go in the pod so that'll be where I start this day. No more now, hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 43 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. Definitely some awesome sleeping weather. Had to shut the windows as the temp in the house was getting into the 60's. Heard the floor heat kick in this a.m. Nice to have warm feet when you poop. Getting mentally prepared to go on the fall car cruise to Dubuque tomorrow. Aside from topping off the gas tank, the car was ready two weeks ago when I opted to carpool with a friend on the Wykoff run. Sounds like we'll run in the rain on this end but when we get south we'll likely run out of it. Running along the river on 61 is scenic. We're planning on going to Dyersville to see the Field of Dreams field. Never saw the movie in its entirety so it may not carry the same level of interest for me as some of the others. The National Farm Toy Museum might be more my speed.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sometimes I get my days mixed up. It's Friday right??? :sleazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I am doing tomorrow night.  That sure stays shiny Glenn. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
he spit shines it all the time!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I am doing tomorrow night.  That sure stays shiny Glenn.
:happy1:  it's stainless steel. I got it from my former employer. I spent 28 years welding for them then 13 1/2 years being a pain in the butt!!🤣

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Would that be 13 1/2 years and counting or did you just transfer that trait to MNO?

Just kidding , Glenn.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Would that be 13 1/2 years and counting or did you just transfer that trait to MNO?

Just kidding , Glenn.
:mooning: I pulled double duty. Here and my former employer plus 7 other shops. Best 13 1/2 years of my life!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 46 here and heading into the 50s today. Sounds like showers today and tomorrow. My Dad and Stepmom are coming up for the weekend. So we will see what the weekend plans end up being. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 and might see 55 today..  radar shows some rain in the area but nothing here so far...  would be nice...   got a few things to do today and a little of getting things together for tomorrow too..  they a have a deal to help the food shelf out in LP..  they will have a commercial paper shredder there for donations..   got plenty to get done too...  have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Like JB said could be a rainy day.  Well I finally went fishing yesterday afternoon.  I got a nord, a smally, a tullibee, a perch, and a sauger.  I kept the perch as it was a nice one and will have it with eggs this morning.  Thinking of having a fire blazing for the wife when she gets home from work. Will have to see what the rains do first. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 47 early & it looks like 57 will be the top for us. Looks like we have some showers on the way for this morning too. We're starting to make a dent on the shed/pod project but there's plenty left to do so I'll putz with that for an hour 2 again today. Got a couple other things to mess with as well. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm headed to Moorhead today to go to an event put on by the DNR proclaiming tomorrow as Minn. Hunting and Fishing Day by the governor. After that when I get home I need to get duck hunter stuff out and ready for tomorrow. Hope there's a few around. Later....

LPS, there's an eight horse Briggs on the splitter. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice Mark.  It sure sits nicely and out of the way back there. Kind of hard to see into the sun but here is what I have been working on.  38' garage.  Usually a pile of wood on one side of the garage gets me through the winter.  I do have a little extra.  Here is my splitter.  Made out of different chunks of steel I acquired and an 8 hp Tecumseh off of my snow blower that hardly ever got used.  That is the crane with an ATV winch to pull big rounds to the splitter and to lift them up.  Easier on the back.  Works great and very simple.  The battery is on my wheeler and I just hook it up for the big ones. 

« Last Edit: September 09/23/22, 09:09:41 AM by LPS »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The guy across the road got a semi load of wood last year. I suppose the logs were 8' - 10' long, whatever sits crosswise on the trailer. Anyway they dumped it and about 3 days later it was all cut, split, stacked. I'll be damned if I saw anybody around but he must of had a crew come in and do all that. I have no idea how long that pile will last him.

Do you guys have one of those big stoves that sit away from the house and you load em up? There is a guy in town who builds them, he is always advertising for help. They must be pretty big in the industry as they build a lot of stoves. GreenTech I think the name is.

Have a great weekend. Glenn stay away from the beer, it makes quitting smoking easier.    :happy1:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We have an outside wood boiler. That is what we heat all our buildings with.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

If you had to buy wood is it a viable option to propane? I would think those stove / boilers have to be expensive to buy & install aren't they? I hate scratching that check for propane but I don't know that I want to wrestle wood all winter either.   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a factory made wood burner in the garage.  No wood use in the house. I burn 3.5 cords a year appx.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

If you had to buy wood is it a viable option to propane? I would think those stove / boilers have to be expensive to buy & install aren't they? I hate scratching that check for propane but I don't know that I want to wrestle wood all winter either.   :pouty:
I am beginning to  :scratch: wondering if propane would be the same price. Wood will be $110\cord this year delivered in 100" and we burn around 24 cord a winter. Last winter was more. I did buy propane boilers to put in the house and garage this summer. But that is as far as I got. My plan is to burn propane in the fall and spring then burn wood in the colder months like December, January, February and maybe some of March. Eventually I will get there. If we go cut wood at the landing it is cheaper but then we spend 4-5 weekends cutting fire wood. I am getting tired of dealing with it. Or at least having to cut so much.