Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901042 times)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I love the smell of burning wood but the mess and cost is more than I want to deal with at this point in life. Maybe if I was sitting on a 100 acres of wood to process it might be different. LPS I remember the stove in the garage. I could have sat there all day watching them dogs and bs'ing with you.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice rig lps. I like the lift. JB my heart goes out to you for cutting and splitting 24 cord each year.  :happy1:  :happy1: I couldn’t do it.
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB just cuts it and doesn't have to split it I don't believe.  He has one of those outdoor wood stoves.  The wood I burn is from deadfall, storm downed trees and dead elms from our own woods.  I got a load of birch once cuz a farmer/logger owed me so I took it in wood.  I love burning birch.  Starts easy and smells great. 
« Last Edit: September 09/23/22, 12:41:54 PM by LPS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had light rain for about an hour and we may get some more it looks like.  Pretty windy too.  13 gusting to 22 or something like that.  We called off the fire at the camper for the night.  Oh well it will be more fun tomorrow night.  Ruebens for supper.   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna start the last season of Ozarks. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 here and hope to see 60 today...  we did get some rain yesterday but not sure how much yet..   got a few things I want to get done today..  hope I do...   always something to do any way...   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers........rained on and off all day yesterday.........judging by my buckets i'm guessing close to if not an inch of rain!!!!!!!! i dont have much left in the garden so the trees will be the beneficiaries of the water!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 52, foggy, with a light mist & 58 is the high. The rain started here about 4:30 & there looks to be ~ .5" in the gauge with more coming this afternoon early. I'll start with my main project again today & go from there. Have a great Saturday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  From yesterday afternoon to this morning we have exactly a half inch of rain.  Looks like more coming so a fire may be a warsh again today.  Gophers at 2:30 today against Michigan.  Will be a good one. We finished Ozarks last night.  Pretty darn good.  The ending surprised us.  Need to find something else to watch today I guess. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning from a duck slough in Western Douglas Co. Coffee is good and so is the view. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: awesome picture Mark. i'll be finishing up cutting up a deer. that was my project yesterday.

my granddaughter and her boy toy got me a really nice doe. where they hunt they can shoot 3 deer each.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 and dark and gloomy with some fog.  You are right LPS, I hardly split any wood for the boiler. Just the really big stuff gets split. We got .44" of rain here last night. Looks like a rainy day here too. Well you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 50 and might touch 65 today...   heard some shots already this morning from hunters on the lake..  what a good day yesterday!!  got all the papers shredded and they were happy with my donation too!!  then my new sleep machine showed up, got that figured out so I can fire that up tomorrow night or even tonight!!  I will see!!!   and got more junk cleaned up too..  more today!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Good for you Mike.  Man what a Gophers game yesterday.  MI has beat them 5 years in a row so was good to get revenge on them.  Vikes at noon today so that is the main focus of the day.  Kind of drizzled and even turned to rain in the afternoon yesterday.  That gave us another quarter inch so 3/4" for the weekend so far.  I have coffee brewing and I hear the wife stirring so things are starting to happen here at the Elderberry Ranch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  I spiced up a nice ribeye last night to grill this afternoon whilst the Bucs are stomping on the Pack.  Been too busy to go fishing so will have to do that tomorrow.  Later.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here and might make 60 today. Like LPS said kinda a rainy day here yesterday. Ended up with about 3/4" of rain here too. Just had a lazy kinda day with my parents yesterday. They will head out around noon. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast today. Well you boys have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 52 with some light showers at the moment & we may hit 60 today. Had a little rain yday afternoon too, but it looks as if it was only tenth or so. Gonna get pretty breezy, NW 10-20, here today. Went for a short boat ride after bfast yday & spent a little more time on the shed project too. Got some wash on the line today already. Probably end up back out in the pod again today, at least for a bit this AM. 'Bout it here, have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... Hit the floor running today. Got things I want to get done before I hit the road tomorrow. Gotta tune in the Vikes for a while to I guess

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Went to the raffle in Carlos last night, didn't win anything. Vikes today and after that maybe some Nap-Car. Hoping to get in some serious boat time next week. Wallys should be starting to get active and I'll be than happy to give them a boat ride to my place. I did notice yesterday on my drive to Evansville and back home that the racoons and skunks are having a hard time crossing the roads again. Might have something to do with the frog migration. There was a bumper crop of them around here this Summer. Have a great Sunday, later....   :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
same thing over this way Markn.  lots of road kill and frogs every where!!!   after dark they even are climbing on the patio door trying to get to the light!!!    :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 45 here and heading for 52 today. It was a windy one for sure yesterday. Just took care of some little projects yesterday after my parents left. Then the wife and I went for a little ranger ride in the woods. Liking it!!  :happy1: Otherwise just anohter day in the salt mines. Have a good Monday boys!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 here and heading to 63 we hope..  got plenty more done yesterday including finishing up figuring out my new sleep machine...   just different enough!!  and got more cleaned out of the garage too.  have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I'm up to today. Should take the mower deck off the Cub and tune it up before the annual leaf removal project coming up. I've got a Brinley yard vacuum and usually vac up the leaves in the back yard and where they accumulate in huge amounts. Sounds like enough, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 42 for us & 57 will be the high. It was a struggle to keep the clothes on the line yday & it's breezy again today too. Got a couple other things done yday & there's a couple more lined up for today. No more now, have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Enjoying coffee here.  41 right now.  Good chance of frost Wed morning I see.  Man what a game.  life is good.  LOL

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid 60's. Just got back from the fall car cruise to Dubuque area last nite. Started out with some adversity. When we were gathering the guy who usually leads informed us his wife was sick so they wouldn't be going. My old friend/copilot Jay & I drew the short straw but we made the best of it. The Stude was up to the challenge as we logged almost 700 miles. Friday we stopped at the Gunder Roadhouse to eat. Awesome food! Arrived in Dubuque & went to Diamond Jo's. Mostly watched people lose their money.

Saturday we went to Maquoketa Caves State Park then crossed over to Savanna IL where we ate at Hawg Dogs. We went to some biker bars, looked at antiques, then went to the local museum. Old river towns have a lot of history behind them. Yesterday we hit the National Farm Toy Museum then went across to the Antique Mall. There were about as many old toys in unopened packages as I've ever seen. There were a lot of dishes and antiques of all kinds. A couple of the guys who were along are picker types so it was right up their alley. Ate in Dyersville at "The Family Restaurant" downtown. Absolutely fantastic. Then caught the Field of Dreams field. Nice place & they're making it into a whole complex of fields. Bucked the wind all the way home. We were tuckered but we had fun.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you guys hit all of the spots it sounds.  Fun time I bet. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No bathroom scales were harmed upon our return... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a blast Dotch!! Road trips are always fun!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looked like a great time Dotch. Need to go to Osakis to get a couple boxes of shotgun shells at the General Store and then head up to Belle River to drop some venison, from last Fall, to be made into cheddar brats. After that tear into the Cub because I decided to cut the yard instead yesterday. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
37 degree's here in International Falls this morning. Brrr. I'm not ready for this yet.   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093