Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901466 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 43 here and might see 59 today..  cooling off for sure..  got a few things to do today and nothing pressing!!!  they make some good sausages up there Mark!!  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here with a wind off of the lake. Heading for a high of 50 today. I am not ready for it yet either Dutch. But I am getting excited to ice fish. I must just be  :crazy: in the head. It just seems like we had no summer this year. Poof it was gone. Got the grass cut last night and thru some blankets over the tomatoes just in case. But the wind never stopped blowing last night. Oh well, I t will be easier to put them blankets on tonight. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 37here & on our way to 55. At least the wind has finally backed off a bit. Messed with my ongoing pod project some early & even started a new 1 a little later. There'll be some more of that today too, I'm certain. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It just dropped to 33 here.  Fairly calm.  I too would like to go fishing but was too windy and cold yesterday. Gonna warm up in a day or two.  The older I get the nicer I like the weather to be when in the boat.  It does seem like we got cheated out of summer with the water so high and no boat in the water.
 Have a good one.
« Last Edit: September 09/27/22, 07:35:23 AM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 45 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Still a few yield checks to finish so a perfect day to do some of those. Some corn has come off for early contracts and some are starting on beans where they're ready. Soybeans are decent, around 12% moisture, but the early corn has been outstanding so far. They should ring the bell with their later stuff if our yield estimates are any indication. Sounds like I've got a few more small square bales coming yet off my ace mechanic's field sometime so need to get mentally prepared for that. It's been really nice stuff so I ain't turning it down. That and he helped unload and stack the last batch. I never say no to help for stacking hay.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
The deck from the Cub is in the truck headed to town to be pressure washed along with a garbage can that someone (wife) put a container of used cooking oil in it with a loose cap........What a mess. I already put the pressure washer away here so that's the reason for going to town and carwash. Next project is modifying the hinges on a 6310 Aluma trailer. Going to cut off the aluminum hinges and replace them with three bolt flange bearings and a couple of pieces of 3/4" round CRS. That banging and clanging back there drives me nuts. Should go fishing..........later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Turn up the radio Mark.  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Morning boys. 35 here and heading for 62 today. Looks like we will escape the frost at our place. At least the covers over the maters keep the dang deer out of them. Thinking I may put a piece of clear poly over them to keep her out of them. Lots of green maters and would like to give them a chance to turn if I can. Don't need her knocking them on the ground and half eating them Like she did last Friday night. Big meeting at the court house tonight about what they are going to do with the roads going into Sandy Shores and Birch Beach. About 7 years ago the county out the cheap double chip on the road and the frost is constantly ripping it apart. Now they are talking about putting it back to gravel. Anything else we need to pay for.  :angry2: Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 here right now. The sun is just coming up.  Supposed to start warming up now for a few days.  Looking forward to it.  May not have to mow anymore.  ??  Happy Hump day. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 35* here & we're s'posed to hit 61* later. Looks like the breeze will go back to the south for the next 5 or 6 days & I see 3 days where it may get close to 70* in our forecast. :happy1: Headed in to GR today again as we need a few things. A bit cool but I went out :fishing: after breakfast yday for a bit, found a few that were willin too. :cool: No more now, have a good 1.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do admire your get up early almost every day and go fishing Gunner.  YOU Sir are the Man!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
32 here this morning. Roof tops are white.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high around 60. Purty frosty this a.m. across the region. Low temps included 30 at Waseca and Albert's Leaf with Owatonna at 28. Not sure it was a real killer at the ranch however. We'll know as the morning unfolds. Picked a lot of garden stuff and covered it last nite. Some friends came and picked a 5 gallon bucket full of string beans too. Hopefully that & the frost mean the end of bean picking. Soybeans are coming off. Pleasant surprises even in the fields that had a fair amount of SDS. Some of the fields that didn't are running over 80 bu./acre with moistures in the 11 - 13% range. Only problem is the stems are green so combines need to be adjusted or they'll throw too much out the back. I agree Barry. When I grow up, I wanna be just like Gunner!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Calling it a hard freeze here. Things I didn't cover are toast. Even some that I covered are crispy around the edges. Sounds like some nice days ahead.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
You get all the good hard freezes... :pouty:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, no internet this morning until 10 or there of...   tried for 2 1/2 hours to figure it out..  so then went tom town and get home all good?!?  WTH!?!  oh well all good now..   got my errands done, and even a couple extra stops too..   hard frost/freeze here too... 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I do admire your get up early almost every day and go fishing Gunner.  YOU Sir are the Man!!!
:scratch: Everybody needs a happy place & that's mine. :cool: Besides I worked nights, 2nd & 3rd shift a lot, so my sleep habits aren't the best. :rolleyes: So, I do like a good nap every now & then. ;) :smiley:

Online markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Trailer project about 75% done, should get it knock out today. Tried the radio thing JB. Wife thinks it's too loud as is. :rotflmao: Guess she doesn't like Led Zeppelin as much as me. Hoping to get a couple of loads of pit-run gravel today to fill in the side of the North side of the garage and new driveway up to it. That will give me some seat time on the Kubota. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 41 here & headed towards 65. We pulled our boat yday ~ 4 & we're headed to Bowens over on Winnie. Been hearin of a good bite goin on over there for the last month or 2 & it's been super slow here. We used to go over there(Winnie) a couple times a year when Mom & Dad were still around but we usually went to the PA at Mosomo Pt. We checked that out on our way back from town yday & it was packed. So, we'll travel just a bit further & have a lot less commotion :crazy: when put in & take out our rig. Got a few loose ends to tie up yet so I better roll. Hopin your Thursday's a good 1.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 48 here and heading close to 70 today. Looks like the forecast has some rain for this morning. Meeting at the county went good. Had a pretty good turn out. But, that is to be expected when they are talking about special assessments. No matter what at this time in 2023 the county is going to turn the double chip back into gravel with a reclaim asphalt mixed in. The are going to drain tile and fix the areas where the frost heaves have ripped up the double chip. That should have been done before the first time double chip. But, oh well. Then in 24 or 25 the decision to leave as gravel, double chip or pave will be made. The show of hands last night though, the majority want to leave as gravel since there will be no special assessment then. Lots of retired folks on fixed incomes that don't need their taxes raised and neither do I. Grocery shopping after work tonight. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 44 here and should see 66 today..  wasn't to bad yesterday..  got a few things to do today and one is get wedding card for the grandson's wedding Saturday..  forgot about the card till last night..  have a good day all!!     :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So what is double chip JB.  Granite chips?  That is usually pretty good stuff.  Doesn't need to be graded as much.  We have a shortage of gravel here in LOW County.  I didn't realize that until I worked there.  They have a new pit now so maybe they are in good shape now. I hit the river for awhile yesterday afternoon.  Caught a few.  There are lots of little sauger bait stealers too.  Have a good one.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers. Still alive and kicking. :sleazy: spent time in the woods and on the lake. Burnt some firewood to. Still got beer left, life is good!!👍👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 38 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. More harvest progress yesterday after the frost. It toasted things pretty good but not everything. Around our yard stuff like the impatiens and cannas weren't touched. Usually if you leave the freezer open too long in the house they die. String beans, a couple peppers and tomatoes where they were downslope were affected. Out in the open fields it was more general. Can smell it on the breeze this a.m. Need to make a run to Chatfield to pick up some stuff off my folks gravesite then see what else needs doing. Pitter patter, let's get at 'er. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  So what is double chip JB.  Granite chips?  That is usually pretty good stuff.  Doesn't need to be graded as much.  We have a shortage of gravel here in LOW County.  I didn't realize that until I worked there.  They have a new pit now so maybe they are in good shape now. I hit the river for awhile yesterday afternoon.  Caught a few.  There are lots of little sauger bait stealers too.  Have a good one.
LPS double chip is a layer of oil then a layer of small rock(like pea rock). They do about 4 layer to make it about an inch thick. He said last night that is should have about a 6 year life. This is year 6. But the frost beat it up the first year. At least the 1 mile of the east end. The west end is in pretty good shape. The talked about the gravel shortage in LOW county. So still not much better.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok never heard of that on a gravel road.  Usually a seal coat on blacktop to extend it's life and works pretty good for that.   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi guys, back from various travels.   No frost in Cawchester, since my pot of basil is still green.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 52 and hope to see 70 today..  another nice day yesterday...  and got a few things done too...  same for today...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys. 46 and heading for mid 60s today. Started packing up last night to head to hunting camp tonight. Will finish when I get home from work then head down there. Do some bush wackin and check on stands will be the project. Also need to replace the tube in the tractor tire. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We have a nice morning.  44 here and clear.  Got some projects done yesterday.  Put electric fence around the bales so the horses don't tear them apart.  They have no interest in them as we have plenty of green grass in the pasture yet.  Since it is Friday I will have a fire going when the wife gets home from work.  Will cook and camp out there tonight.  Looking forward to it. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 48 here & they say 70 will be the high. The trip to Winnie was fun but a bit of a letdown as it was kind of cool, I'm glad we dressed warm. The fishing was pretty slow too & the landing at the resort wasn't the best either. Got a boat ride in already & a few clothes hangin on the line. Gonna be another nice day, so I'll find something outside that needs doin. Bout it here, have a great day!!