Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901264 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. S few sprinkles thru the area earlier this a.m., actually measured .01" in Bugtussle. Made it all the way around yesterday so that a plus. Saw scattered harvest activity. Got the Stude cleaned up after last weekend's cruise. It was pretty grubby. Looks nice now. Took the Gator into town last nite too for some repair work. Was having a tough time finding anyone who could get it in before Nov. This guy purchased a local shop a few weeks ago. Saw the note on the door of the shop & text messaged him yesterday. Works as a mechanic at one of the motorsports places during the week and moonlights on weekends and his days off. Also does detailing. He and his wife live not too far from me as well. Could be a handy guy to know.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Finished my trailer yesterday. NO banging and clanging. Got a couple of before and after pictures. Need to wash the apron on the garage today so it will be dry by Sunday and then I can seal it. Going to toss a rack of ribs in the Pit Boss about 1:00 and might get camper winterized this afternoon. That's enough for a Friday. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/30/22, 10:12:28 AM by markn »
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That should work nicely Mark!  :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Mark and Ribs sound great!!!   I just might do some now too!!   thanks for the idea!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Mark.  Looks great.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the comments on the trailer. Fun project. Ribs are close, no need for bbq sauce. We like them el’naturel. My Spelling bites.
mm

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do the same, rub only sauce on the side for those who want it...  looks great Mark!!!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, had some light rain last night and some this morning too...  54 and hope to see 68 today..   got plenty done yesterday and a nice bike too..  today is ,y grandson's wedding some where by Cross  Lake..  a place Pine Peaks..  so that will take care of most of my day, have to leave here by 1230..  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 52 here & 65 will be our high. Same here, mike, light rain since ~ 3 or 4. I couldn't see much more than .1" in the gauge earlier though. Gonna stick around 'til around 10, they say. Did some spot seeding yday that won't need a drink from me now. :happy1: :scratch: A lot of boats in the bay yday afternoon between 3 & 4, including me. Didn't see much being caught though. Nothin planned so far so I'll just wing it. Hopin your Saturday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  50 here going to 66 later on with light clouds.  Got some stuff done yesterday and will get a lot done with the wife supervising today too.  lol  That is a good thing.  Got a few yesterday and will probably be supper tonight.   Have a good sized willow that is leaning a lot from being in the high water and I need to cut it down so it won't hit my fish house when I bring it out this winter.  Here I thought I was done chain sawing.  Those are nice meaty looking ribs Mark. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Have been some sprinkles and with the overcast it's staying too damp for soybean harvest to commence for the day just yet. Wifey is working this a.m. & I'm waiting for a buddy to show up to get some apples. No Gopher game televised since Disney got in a pi$$ing match with Dish. Then I get to go to a wedding in New Prague. Have I ever mentioned how much I dislike weddings?  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that makes 2 of us Dotch!!! 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 51 and might see 70 today..  made it to the wedding and back.. it was a nice wedding but sure glad it's done..  not sure what I have going today..  I'll find out as the day rolls on..   have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a meeting in Little Falls yesterday at the VFW. When we got done I had to go across the street and spend some of my hard-earned cash at Theilen's Meats. Guy could go broke in there with all of the goodies they have. I foresee some of their famous bacon in my near future, like in minutes. Vikes start in two minutes have a great day, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Made it thru another wedding. Outdoor venue for the service, no shelter, & it rained the whole time. Have another one Friday then I'm boycotting weddings until New Years Eve when we have another one! That'll make 5 in less than a year. Enough is too much... :rolleyes: Speaking of that, car club picnic this afternoon. Starting at 3:30 so we can eat at 5. Who eats supper at 5 p.m.? I have 2 hrs. of work to do yet! Good grief... :doah:
« Last Edit: October 10/02/22, 08:43:29 AM by Dotch »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey I eat at 5, oh wait I could eat anytime!  :happy1: . You have all the fun Dotch,  me I got to dig a trench ( old fashion way) up to 4' deep 8' long looking for the roots clogging the septic at the lake and by golly I found some, the remaining length to tge tank can wait til spring. Afternoon peoples,  the cabin is all but wrapped up for the year, all that's left is the pipes blown out and the dock pulled. The summer sure went fast, we'll be out a couple more times chasing roosters,  which it's so peaceful in the fall out that way but other than that it'll be nice not running otta town so much for a spell. Anywho best get going on state fairs best sketti!! See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Got my boat back today to the tune of $738.00 :doah: just in time to put it away for the year. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys. 56 here and heading for 60 something today. I got back to civilization just before noon yesterday. We got everything done at deer camp. Got the new tube put in the tractor tire that had the valve stem ripped off. We also had time to bush wack a new trail between stands on the north end of the property. Will be nice to have it on high ground now. Well, back to the slat mines today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sure dark at 6am now days..   :rotflmao:  got a couple things done already this morning, so got a start to the day..  a very nice day yesterday overall with some rain last night too..  not sure what all is going on today but it will get done, I hope as Glenn says!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
morning strangers. Done at the golf course heading out to Ada,MN to haul sugar beets tonight. Hoping that goes well as the back is getting worse every year. I'm falling apart as I age :pouty:
Started the too do get ready for ice fishing season list. Quickly turned in to two pages. In hindsight maybe I should have made the list in april. Oh well have to get use to working in the cold. Did pull the boat out last week. The fish stayed shallow all year . We got 12 keepers last week trolling spinners in 5 too 6 feet of water.
 Jonny boy took a new job this year so I'm looking for a helper again this season. He will be able to help a bit, but I need someone that can carry my load.  I do have a few friends that will help when there around. I have a plan but have no idea if I can pull it off :crazy:. Only time will tell . Have a grand day guys
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great to hear from ya cookie!!  good luck too!!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 54 here & we'll hit 71 later. Such a nice day yday that I spent a good share of my day in the boat & the rest watchin football. There's a couple things on my list for early today & I'll just go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice 51 degree morning.  Looks like some rain tomorrow.  70 today.  May get out for a couple of hours on the river, we shall see.  I have some other projects that need tending too also.  My back is feeling good so want to keep it that way.  Ya it sure is staying dark later.  Darn.  The leaves are really turning colors up here.  Lots of green yet too.  Boxelders and ash are yellow.  Good to hear from you Cookie.  Good luck with those beets.  Later boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well thanks to the weather where it wasn't sunny and 72 like predicted my garage apron didn't get sealed yesterday. Going to try to change tires on wood splitter today, I found a set of 14" tires in Little Falls on Saturday. If the sledgehammer doesn't work, it's up to a 3-ton floor jack and the hitch on back of the pick-up. After that it's put the camper away for Winter. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 53 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Think the momma cat must've finally popped. Guessing the kittens are hidden in the hay stack somewhere. Pretty late hatch so odds are they won't survive. I'm OK with that. Cats are a renewable resource. Harvest has slowed somewhat. People are running out of dry soybeans so finishing up combining is on hold for a while. Planting no till and spraying with fungicides will do that to a guy. Soil sampling is going at a measured pace as a result.     

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Got my bucket list walleye on the 1st. Bet it had been close to 20 years since my brother and I had been in a boat together. Didn't catch more than a half dozen eaters but the big fish were hungry. This one was a full 30 inches and went right back in the water

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Smallmouth were pestering us too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good job Roony.  Good to finally meet you in picture. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Also caught the first pout I've ever caught in open water. That was a surprise.