Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904247 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  37 here at the moment.  Spitting a little too.  What a change from yesterday.  We have a few trees that are still green but most are yellow.  Lots of leaves falling too.  JB, I filled a 30 lb tank yesterday here at Cenex.  Was $28 with tax.  Yikes.  Sure seems high to me.  I need to call Howards and see what they charge.  Bringing the wifes car in for an erl change today so no sweats this morning. What a cold cruel world.  lol  Had something dark colored on our boulevard and here it was a goose all chewed up so just feathers basically.  Must have been wounded and a fox got it.  Have a good one. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from the long drive to town.  Lots of snow flakes in the air mixed with rain.  Snow was even blowing across the road in one spot. Probably won't be going fishing today.   

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Last tank I had filled here at Cenex in Warroad was $21 with tax I think. $.99 a pound I think. I will find out later today. I would be curious what Howards charges too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was that a 30 lber JB?  A few years ago one of the guys said small tanks have an added charge for filling them.  Like an RV charge or something like that.  ????
« Last Edit: October 10/06/22, 08:11:38 AM by LPS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got back from the long drive to town.  Lots of snow flakes in the air mixed with rain.  Snow was even blowing across the road in one spot. Probably won't be going fishing today.

you get all the good weather.....   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 56 at choretime which will likely be our high. .06" of rain at the ranch & .03" in Bugtussle proper. Definitely a change after running off a string of 70+ degree days. Likely be a frost coming tonite and a hard freeze tomorrow nite. More soil sampling on tap today after getting rained on to finish up yesterday. Samples decent but it's still soil sampling. Need to get it done so I can screw off tis weekend. Luckily they probably won't get many beans combined today so we can stay caught up. Time to get a haircut. Wedding tomorrow nite.  😴
« Last Edit: October 10/06/22, 09:44:43 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Got in some boat time yesterday. One walleye and one crappie. Put them both back. The walleye was an eight and half incher. That's right 8.50". Going to pack up a bunch of deer camp stuff and head to Hubbard Co. tomorrow. 20ga will come along too. See if I can't find a grouse or two while checking stands. Later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Was that a 30 lber JB?  A few years ago one of the guys said small tanks have an added charge for filling them.  Like an RV charge or something like that.  ????
That was a 20 lber

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 40 degrees here this morning. Well the truck is loaded, just need to strap down the wheeler. I'm in charge of bringing pork chops for tomorrow night's meal, but it appears the freezer is void of pork chops. Looks like a stop at the grocery store in Menahga is needed. Nice meat counter there. Have a great day everyone, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 38 here and again hope to see 47 today..  not much on the agenda besides regular stuff so I like that..  if something comes up so be it...   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 37 here and heading for 46 today. That sure changed from the 20s they were talking a day or 2 ago.  Hi ho, hi oh a camping we will go after work today. Plan is to be sitting by a fire drinking a beer this evening. Do some wheeling tomorrow. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  37 here too.  Youse guys words of wisdom panned out.  Glad I didn't winterize the camper.  We will be doing the same thing tonight JB.  SO it is the big meat sale today so will have to go buy some.  Good time to stock up on burger and they have smoked pork chops 10 lbs for 14.99.  Then I will make a pot of chili.  That will give us something to munch on for a few days.  May not have time for my after lunch nap today.  We shall see.  Later boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, I seen 36 early & they're sayin we'll hit 47 today too. We had a few flurries 5 or 6 different times yday AM, it never lasted more than a couple minutes though. I worked on the pile of stuff the demo crew pulled out of the big shed yday & think I made a pretty good dent. I got 1 mower that I'm getting ready to put to bed as well. Some other small stuff to do that'll fill in any gaps too. Have a great Friday!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Morning fellers.  :happy1: not sure if it rained this morning but things sure seem wet but the garden soil doesn't appear to be wet like it rained. A balmy 39 when I looked.

Got some projects in mind and a  :campfire: and  :toast: this afternoon. :happy1: :sleazy:

Wondat what ole Dotch is seeing from the oval office this morning?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 40 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. A real cluster of a day in store. Wedding is at 4:30 (I think) in the TC so that means getting all kinds of crap done quick including chores before we go. Hopefully we don't stay too late as we head out ~6 a.m. for MO tomorrow to pick up the puppy. Be around 12 hours of driving. Then for laughs, on Sunday I'm supposed to leave from Ellendale on a leaf gawking cruise around 8 a.m. Should pretty well shoot the weekend in the arse I'd say.  :coffee: 

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you always have the best weekends...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
You guys are all balmy this morning. 28 here and frosty. High of 50 this afternoon.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a big pot of chili simmering.  Already used one of our frozen mater packages.  So easy just freeze them and the skin comes right off when you thaw them out.  JB taught me that one.   :happy1:  Gonna go out and get a fire going pretty soon.  The cooler is filled. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :smoking: like this!!👍

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And this!!🍻 :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, looks like a quiet day!!  could see 65 too!!  no plans yet for today..  got a few things done yesterday and it being nice out today maybe I'll do some raking..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Exactly!!!   Had a great night.  In the house making coffee now.  Not sure what fun we will have today.  Gonna be about 60 I think so will be pretty nice.  Maybe work on our trails here on the ranch. We shall see.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 43 here & we might hit 60 later. Got some clothes on the line & the wind is blowing pretty good already as well. Getting close to putting the mower to bed, sorted some shed stuff, & even mulched a few leaves yday. Probably more of those 1st 2 projects today too. After that :scratch:.................... :confused: No more now, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers!! Yeppers was a good evening and day yesterday. :happy1:

Woke up about 5 to hit the bathroom and had 29 degrees, grass is frosty this morning. Currently 35. Flowers are getting cut off today. My black walnut tree is dropping leaves this morning pretty good already.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. North of Des Moines making a much needed stop. No hummingbird in here either. Wedding out of the way, puppy mission underway. See you on the flip side!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang! 31 at choretime heading for a high in the low 60's. North of Des Moines making a much needed stop. No hummingbird in here either. Wedding out of the way, puppy mission underway. See you on the flip side!
we wanna see pictures of the cute little butterball!;!👍

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds fun Dotch! Mornin peoples 34 here at the moment was 31 when I got up. Gots lots on the radar for today just not sure what's first, momma has a yummy quiche in oven and it's smells wonderful,  then I'll hit the ground running.  Think I'll chop some leaves and chase the sprinklers around today, it's so friggin dry here. Anywho....See ya!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So I was in need of new work boots, the last 2 pair of Red wings did go almost 3 years a piece which is great, but thought I'd give some Irish upsetters a shot. We have to have hard toe and metatarsal guards, these were on the shelf for 204 $ after the 15% industrial discount at Red wing and the work place reimbursing up to 150, I got me a pretty nice boot fir 28 smackaroos..lol. spose I best put em on do some busting of butt around here!  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So I was in need of new work boots, the last 2 pair of Red wings did go almost 3 years a piece which is great, but thought I'd give some Irish upsetters a shot. We have to have hard toe and metatarsal guards, these were on the shelf for 204 $ after the 15% industrial discount at Red wing and the work place reimbursing up to 150, I got me a pretty nice boot fir 28 smackaroos..lol. spose I best put em on do some busting of butt around here!  :happy1:
:doah: :scratch: :scratch:

What's a work boot??? :sleazy: :scratch: :scratch: :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Right Mike, LPS, Gunner!! Deadeye!?!🤣
« Last Edit: October 10/08/22, 12:30:18 PM by glenn57 »