Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4945603 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 35 here and headed for about 60 and like that for the rest of the week.  Looks like a nice day here.  I put the casserole out on the table on the deck which works great this time of year.  I forgot to bring it back in before I went to bed.  I'm betting is cooled off by now.  Well it is our 15th Anniversary today.  Couldn't be happier.  We are going to order a Godfather's Classic Combo tonight.  The last few times it seemed to have half the amount of meat and stuff on it.  I hope the owner answers as I know him and can ask if it is due to high prices of parts.  If so add the stuff and charge me more.  Thinking I will go to the local gravel/heavy equipment place where I get dirt and stuff and get a few pails of crushed granite to fill a couple of holes in the driveway.  That stuff is great.  I get it often.  Got three of my 4 x 8 trailers full this summer for different projects.  Hey Dotch, nice truck.  I really like my 5.7 Hemi and it gets great mileage too.  I have gotten 21-23 mpg on long trips with it. Kind of wish it was a 3/4 ton but I am fine with it.  Well youse guys have a good day, I sure am.  Later

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Congrats Barry & Mrs. Barry!  :happy1:

Has been a decent truck. Best I can do with the 3/4 ton on long trips is about 17. Still a balzy engine with lotsa torque for a gasser.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
congrats to you guys!!!     :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats to you and the wife Barry!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Congrats LPS!👍👍 Sitting at the U of M clinic. Oy yippee! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Keep on celebrating the occasions. Cool.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
JB do they give tours of Marvins.  I would really enjoy seeing all of the cool tools and processes.  I have always been fascinated with that kind of stuff.  One of my favorite shows is How Its Made. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the anniversary to you and the wife Barry. Headed to Hubbard Co. today to put in a newer fridge, install vent on outhouse, sight in rifles and have a couple of beers. In that order. Hope to get out one more time in the boat on Monday or Tuesday. If I don't it will get winterized after deer hunting. Have a great day everyone, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!! 44 here and heading close to 60 today. Marvin sure does do tours LPS. It was on hold for awhile because of the Rona, but I have been seeing tours for a few months now. Just have to give them a call and see if you can get one scheduled. The wife made me drive the truck today to make sure it is full because of the talk of only 20 or so days supply of diesel left in the US. Me thinks there are bigger things to worry about than a truck we don't need to drive in the winter if the country runs out of diesel. Like the fact there won't be any gas either to get to work because they can't haul it. This is just crazy what is happening. Well, all I know is that me and my bow will be in a tree stand after work today. Going to hunt hard this weekend. Otherwise just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Up an at em here.  Looking at 39 now and headed to 60.  We are planning on a fire and mayhaps the last weekend with the camper.  Maybe the last for the boat too.  Possible trip to the landfill today.  Say hi to the guys.  May get those pails of crushed granite too. Never got that done yesterday.  You know why do it today when it can wait till tomorrow.  The retirement creed. I just remembered that I haven't winterized the outdoor shower thing on the camper so need to do that too.  Man I may need 2 cups of coffee to get all of this done. Well have a good day.  TGIF

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks on the tour thing JB.  I am going to do that.  We need to kick those OPEC+ ahales in the azz.  Saudi is way to big for their britches.  We have opened up more area for leases here and noone wants to even commit to it because they are making so much money now.  Including Saudi not wanting to ramp things up and lower their profit margin. I do have sort of a problem with the golfers selling their souls to the devil there too. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 45* early here & we may hit 61* later. Mulched a few more leaves yday early, put a couple more items in the pod, & took 1 out. We had a light mist/rain yday PM from ~ 2:00 on, so not much got done outside then. The washing machine is running already today, so those will go out to the clothesline in a bit. Probably put the plow on the Grizzly sometime this AM too. 'Bout it here, enjoy this weather & have a great Friday.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My son took the day off work, and we plan to head up to the land in a couple hours for some hopefully action-packed bow hunting.
I have one camera set to video and did see one small buck chasing a group of does so maybe the chase will be on. I expected some of that action sooner but seems like everything in nature is hosed up this year. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........got some projects in mind. like LPS....... a fire and beer are in store for later.  just another normal Gunner, Mikey and Markn day!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Deadeye.......you seem to have a pattern of hunting, especially archery in the evenings......not mornings is there a reason????? back when we had the camper the property i bow hunted seemed to be the same way.........hardly ever seen deer in the morning and the evenings we'd seem to see more as they were going out to eat the night away!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 40 at choretime heading for a high around 60. Should be a relatively quiet day around here. Buick is done so can pick that up. Might be glad we stuck some $ in it the way things are going. At least the weekend looks like it'll suck. I have to get a load of straw tomorrow then see how close my screenings guys are to being done harvest. If they're done, I'll probably pick those up. Sunday I have a load of hay to unload. Should grind up some leaves with the mower while I'm at it. Oughta be a blast.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/28/22, 09:19:39 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man Dotch, iffin my schedule wasn't so crammed full I'd come down to help!! :confused: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, off to a slow start today!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  puter says it wanted to restart for some windows updates...  what the heck why not, a couple minutes...  oh no!!!  hours later it was done...   oh well got some other things done earlier!!!  but I will have it do that in the middle of the night from now on...   sooo the other day when Cooperman, Ken and myself lost the internet it turns out Arvig was hit by some crap and 60,000 folks were down...  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Man Dotch, iffin my schedule wasn't so crammed full I'd come down to help!! :confused: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

I think markn is still waiting for you to show up there... :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe it was some ransom ware thing Mike.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you are correct!!   the Russians!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting a bit low on pickled fish, so whippeds up a new batch

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
got to love the internet around here...   645 loose it and finally over 4 hours later it comes back on...    :pouty:
Mike, you must have Arvig. Mine was out for the exact same time

A Minnesota broadband company said thousands of Minnesota customers were left without its services after a recent ransomware attack.

Arvig said about 60,000 customers across the state were affected, with Arvig's services down for about three-and-a-half hours on Tuesday.

The company said in a social media post the attempted breach of its cybersecurity happened at about 6:45 a.m. However, the ransomware attack was unsuccessful.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 42 and looking towards 65 today!!   I'll take it!!!  some more outside stuff can be done yet!!   still want to get the mower out one more time..  got someone who wants to sell their Harley to me..   not the best time but if the price is right, who knows...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 44 here and heading for mid 50s today. Out in the tree stand this morning. Hoping for big hank. It was a nice sit last night. Even had a big doe make a presents at last light. Now it is hanging in the garage. So that will be this afternoons project. Get that cut up and in freezer.  Well, just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 46 last I looked here & lookin like ~61 will be the high. Mulched more leaves along the driveway & put the plow on the Grizzly yday early. Finally got the laundry off the line around 2:30 too, so it was about time for some HH after that. Got a couple things in my sights for early today too. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....was a great evening............ :toast: and a  :campfire:  :happy1: :happy1: head up sometime today to see my bride!!!!! mayhaps watch the gophers for a bit!!!!!!!! not sure what else!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 42 and looking towards 65 today!!   I'll take it!!!  some more outside stuff can be done yet!!   still want to get the mower out one more time..  got someone who wants to sell their Harley to me..   not the best time but if the price is right, who knows...  have a good day all!!   :happy1:
gonna buy that scooter for Linda!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :scratch:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman

I think markn is still waiting for you to show up there... :rotflmao:

No worries Glenn. That project is done. Breathe easy.
Working on the BIL’s deerstand yesterday and a grouse jumped out in front of my 20ga. We got the new fridge installed yesterday and the old one to the dump. Installed a wind tubine on the exhaust pipe on outhouse and that appears to be helping too. Going to sight in rifles today and enjoy the weather before coming home tomorrow. Have a great day, later.....
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
gonna buy that scooter for Linda!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :scratch:

aw that would be a big NO!!!  she wants nothing to do with clutch, front brake and rear brake all being separate... and the foot shifter!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/29/22, 08:34:45 AM by mike89 »