Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901084 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Good for you.....I have been on Trulicity or Ozempic for a couple years now. Whichever one cost less.

Went from 245 down to 165.....lost 80 pounds. I am at my high school weight of 56 years ago. Feel pretty good. My last A1C was 6.1. Before that 5.7

:happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/01/22, 10:16:59 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, Ken W,
I'm on a similar track regarding weight and A1C. Six months ago VA said I needed to attend classes to help lose weight and lower a1c or I would need to start some drugs. Last week was first blood test and it's down to 5.6.  Also, I've lost 38 pounds. The only negative is I now have trouble pulling back my bow.   :angry:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn57, Ken W,
I'm on a similar track regarding weight and A1C. Six months ago VA said I needed to attend classes to help lose weight and lower a1c or I would need to start some drugs. Last week was first blood test and it's down to 5.6.  Also, I've lost 38 pounds. The only negative is I now have trouble pulling back my bow.   :angry:
Ill tell you this. If you ever get a crossbow, get one with a crank to cock it.  I bought a Centerpoint dagger and the dang thing is harder to cock then pulling bow compound!  But it does shoot sweet with the scope!   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I have been keeping A1C below 7 so far, so no pills either here..  if I could lose some weight that would be a bonus too..  I am eating way better foods too and that is huge for me...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Awesome job on the weight loss boys. I need to get after that too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
113 lbs in 6 months?  I'd have to saw off a leg. Good job on the weight loss. Care to share your secret?
i have been a a diabetic med regime for a while and part of the side effects from those is weight loss. especially the Trulicity.

BUT........ i've eating better . less sweets, less helpings and just better foods. i have always liked fruits and veggies......... i just eat more of them.

i was going to treat myself to my favorite cold spring bakery donuts........but Teals didnt have them!!!! :confused: :banghead: :rotflmao: i thought of several sweet tooth substitutes :sleazy: but i chose to pass!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well dutchy has another thread he started locked down!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

he's gotta be the all time leader !!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :happybounce: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well dutchy has another thread he started locked down!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

he's gotta be the all time leader !!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :happybounce: :nerd:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

How is that my problem? All I did was start it. Thats like saying I got stupid drink by opening a beer but not drinking any.  :moon:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It isn't. I just find how you start a thread and those guys send it political in about 8 posts rather amusing. Not your fault as far as I'm concerned .

From where I sit some of those guys can't wait to twist most any thread there political. And others fall right in.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The amazing thing is the main political instigator never posted in the thread.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 54 here and going for 73 today and windy again..  going to Alex this morning to get a few things..  don't need much but oh well..  should wash the car too...  the new to me Harley will be here this afternoon..  that will be nice!!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 49 here and heading for near 70. It was near 70 yesterday and it was only supposed to be in the 50s. Doeas that mean 80s for today?  :confused: I wish it were a little cooler than that, but it was sure nice last night.  We got a load of firewood delivered yesterday afternoon. Happy about that. Got the 2 deer hides in the back off the blazer so I can drop them off after work in a hides for habitat box. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
morning.....57 here. Going to 72 today. Supposedly the las 70 degree day this year. Getting my deer hunting gear ready today. Have to get a board in my pickup so I can lay it down the tailgate and drag a deer up into the pickup in case I shoot one. Can't lift one into the back by myself.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 46 here & on our way to 71. Cleaned up some pine needles yday & worked on the deadfall/driveway project a little too. Sis & BIL's bikes got a little air in their tires & made it into the pod as well. We need a couple things, so we're headed to GR. We'll stop in Cohasset with our recyclables too. Going to be another nice day :happy1:, I hope you get a chance to enjoy it. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........main goal today is getting stuff put in the truck for deer camp and voting!!!! brother should be headed up today. kinda nice the cabin will be opened when i get there.  :happy1: he also got the green light to shoot his deer rifle!!!! :happy1: leaving the store at 10 and should be onthe road by 11-11;30. stop and see my bride for a bit...then hightail it to the northland!!!!!!!

Mikey.........mikey..... mikey :pouty: :pouty: you can only ride one? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: good thing you dont have a wife like Barry that needs permission!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats right!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 48 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. On Nov. 2nd, we'll take it. Supposed to be breezy with rain possible tomorrow nite so battening down the hatches around the ranch. Prolly take off from the office & run some errands this afternoon as well. Sheep are out of loose mineral & could use another block too. Can do some more clean up type putzing in the barn when I get back & maybe grind up more pine needles & leaves. Have to pick up a bunch of white pine cones for the wife 1st.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Nice looking day and then highs will be dropping every day.  Think the boat will come out tomorrow.  So I tried to order a plastic cover for my 2 40 lb propane tanks on my fish house.  Want a black one.  I have a lot of credit on my Amazon card which is the way I like it.  They keep trying to make me use that instead of my regular credit card.  I want to build up that credit in case I want something real cool.  So they say they can't ship that to me from California.  WTH.  Well I tried 2 different brands and the same thing.  ???  The third time I let them try to put it on the Amazon card and bingo.  Will be here in 4 days.   What is up with that???  Man the Philly's were hot last night.  I was reading so had the sound down but they scored all night.  LOL  Really doesn't matter to me who wins.  Well have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........main goal today is getting stuff put in the truck for deer camp and voting!!!! brother should be headed up today. kinda nice the cabin will be opened when i get there.  :happy1: he also got the green light to shoot his deer rifle!!!! :happy1: leaving the store at 10 and should be onthe road by 11-11;30. stop and see my bride for a bit...then hightail it to the northland!!!!!!!

Mikey.........mikey..... mikey :pouty: :pouty: you can only ride one? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: good thing you dont have a wife like Barry that needs permission!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

even the kids say nothing other than go for it!!   I think they want to get these things so they can get them when I croak!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

even the kids say nothing other than go for it!!   I think they want to get these things so they can get them when I croak!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil: :sleazy: HI DAD!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :evil: :sleazy: HI DAD!!!!!!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

good luck ya old fart!!   ya got to many bad habits!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My fault, I didn't look to see if a squirrel was in the bird feeder and let Cooper out.  The squirrel took off and Cooper got him.  One less squirrel.  He doesn't hesitate.  He nails them.  I guess that is what dogs do. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My fault, I didn't look to see if a squirrel was in the bird feeder and let Cooper out.  The squirrel took off and Cooper got him.  One less squirrel.  He doesn't hesitate.  He nails them.  I guess that is what dogs do.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: shadow sure perks up and pays close attention.....but to the best of my knowledge he hasnt got one yet....nor a chippy!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Yes they do. Our Sheltie even got one once upon a time.  :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

it's getting close to mating season!!!   there will be more!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well just did the absentee voting down at city hall........pretty easy and harmless!!!!!!!! i was number 64!!!!!! and they accepted my ballot!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

roughly 80% of incumbants wont like me!!!!!!!!! :cool: :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:

and by the way ya'all save your money..........i just picked up the winning powerball ticket!!!!!!!!!1 :sleazy: :smoking: :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/02/22, 02:22:54 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Lps I believe Cooper has gotten more tree rats than Glenn! Oh wait was that out loud?  ;) Afternoon peoples 75 here with some serious skirt alert winds. Was going to blow out the leaves otta the bushes and chop em up  but I'm sure I'd lose that battle today, maybe after Glenn is done pretending to stock shelves he can assist tomorrow  :happy1:  :rotflmao:. Anywho Remi will be turning 9 soon still has some great energy and lots of drive but it might time to get another Lab to help him out in the field.  Sure is fun watching 2 dogs ripping up a field , I just gotta get momma on board yet...to be continued...See ya!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :tut: :tut: training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: putz!!!🤣