Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4951572 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......looks cold outside. gotta do some running up town this afternoon but udder den dat  not much. could put more deer hunting gear away.......we shall see. reckon if i can find them on the toobe......i'll watch the gophers beat up Gunners Hawkeyes!!! :evil: :sleazy: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man that wind makes it brutal outside.  :confused: bird feeders needed a refill.  if you stayed out of the wind it wasnt real bad...........

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went uptown to get some stuff. Main street is pretty busy. Turns out the building next to grumpys bar is on fire.

Smoke is so thick can't see a block away. They had a big pay loader there. Think there gonna rip down the building. Sounds like 3-4 fire depts are there

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening comrades! Started out at about 18 and has dropped to about 8 so far. Lotsa wind & blowing snow last several days. 6"-8" total for the week. Roads are chit in places. Made a helluva mess at the neighbor's pasture. Will need to move snow now to get the sheep home from there. Like to spay or neuter the NWS forecasters who blew this one. It has snowed some for the past 6 days with near blizzard conditions at times. Otherwise it's all rainbows & unicorns here in the land of rocks & cows.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: November 11/19/22, 08:21:43 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So Dotch how are the sick and injured doing??? Hope things are getting better!👍

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My cold is getting better but still hawking up lung oysters. The Mrs. had her surgery postponed for a week because of a blister on her ankle about where they need to make the incision. We have boo-koo scooters, wheelchairs & crutches around here now. Could host gimp races. 👍😉

Is this your neighbor lady glenn? 🤔

https://m.startribune.com/lisa-demuth-is-first-woman-person-of-color-to-lead-minnesota-house-gop-caucus/600227801/
« Last Edit: November 11/19/22, 08:55:47 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: hell that's currently my wife!!🙄 :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cooper has been trying to get me up for an hour.  I keep pretending to sleep.  Then all he77 broke loose here.  Buddy started barking like crazy so of course Cooper joined in too.  Must have been a fox or coyote outside.  I let them both out and they tore out north of the barn but came right back.  I never thought about a wolf.  At least it was the two of them.  So I have coffee brewing now.  It is 12 here now.  Got some more done on my sheet metal duct work program.  Not hitting it too hard but pecking away at it.  Will have a duct right behind my desk chair.   :sleazy:  Kind of a cold corner. Well let root those Vikes on today.  SKOL!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 13 here and hoping to see the upper 20's today..  got everything done I wanted to yesterday so I went to HH for a bit..  the darn wind was the big drawback to the day...  today is do what comes along kind of day..  have a good day all...   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 13 here and heading for the 20s today. Was a chilly one yesterday. Especially with the wind. Although it did die down in the afternoon some. Sent the wife and daughter off to hunt this morning. I was going to go to this morning the process deer this afternoon. But the grandson wants to go sit this afternoon with me again. So I will start working on deer this morning. I was lucky and got a doe yesterday morning. So there is plenty of deer to be processed. Better get at it. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, got 12* here but I'm seein 35* for the high. The wind was rippin here yday to, looks to have settled down some, SSW @ only 10-15, according to the hourly. I didn't get all my errands ran yday as the 1st place I went didn't have much of what I was looking for. Then I got sidetracked. :scratch: Not certain where this day will lead me yet either. :confused: Hopin your Sunday's a good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers..........looks like the temps gonna improve today!!!!!!!! if i felt ambitious i'd go be a gawker and see what the fire did yesterday.....but i dont. i'll check it out tomorrrow!!!! wath football and mayhaps finish putting hunting stuff away, like LPS says.........no need to do it all in one day!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
In search of some pallets today and then the vikes game. Alex Shooting Park is doing a turkey shoot today at noon. Too cold for me. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:

A ham sandwich walks into a bar and orders a beer. Bartender tells him to leave, "Sorry, we don't serve food here". :rotflmao:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades!! 7 for the low, 15 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. More nurse duty for today. Need to top off the bird feeders & refill the water tank sometime. Get the shower chair installed & work on some other gimp items. Gotta run! Someone is ringing the bell again 🙄

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Did you miss me. My wife and I got back last night from a week bus trip to Brandson. Lots of shows and too much food. It was a good trip, and everything went as planned. Only bad thing is my wife and I both got a cold as we left Brandson, so it was a little miserable on the bus ride home. Good thing is the gang planned on working on hides today, so I begged off so as not to pass the cold on to anyone. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 here and might see 26 today...  maybe some sun again too would be nice...  the lake here froze over Friday night..  funny how that happens when the wind lets up...   have a good day all...   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 21 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 20's. No more snow yesterday but I'm heading to the neighbor's to retrieve my tractor later. He brazed a pinhole leak in a hydraulic line for me so I'm not taking any chances. I may need to blast a passage through the drifts at the other neighbor's to get those critters home. Would cut down on chores when I do. Take care of yourself & the Mrs. deadeye. Colds during the holidays can take the fun out of it.
« Last Edit: November 11/21/22, 07:42:05 AM by Dotch »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 21 here and heading for 26. Windy today too. Spent the day yesterday processing deer. But at least they are done. Boy the ole queens sure to a whooping. That is the vikes we know.  :pouty:. Well, back to the salt mines today. Daughter and grandson are heading home this morning. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  24 here and breezy.  I will plow things up here today just to get it cleaned up looking.  Lots of colds and flu going around so I am going to stay away from people as much as I can.  I see some schools in the state are even going to remote learning due to so many sick kids.  Ya the purple bubble finally popped.  I wonder if they can fix it???  Complete failure on everyones part it seemed to us.  KFAN should be fun today.  lol  Well have a good one.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we have 27 for our start & I'm seein 33 for the high. It looks we got a warm spell coming though as they're talkin 43 tomorrow & we'll stay about there through next Tuesday. :happy1: Got some more running to do early today & then go from there. Have good 1!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon fellers......think dotch and deadeye sent there crud my way!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :pouty: got the rest of my running done before i really feel crappy!!!!!!

gonna be in a vegetative state the rest of the day!!!!!!!!! nuttin but rubble left to the building that was burning Saturday! some suspect it was a boiler in the basement but are looking for anything suspicious, like arson is what the gossip i heard!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That dripping package made it I see... :sleazy:

Get better 'lil buddy!  :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The US is playing soccer now and I have checked in a few times but what a boring sport.  I switch back to hunting shows in between. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That dripping package made it I see... :sleazy:

Get better 'lil buddy!  :happy1:
:pouty: :confused: :confused: :moon: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the crud is short lived for ya.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope the crud is short lived for ya.
thanks JB  :happy1: me too. I hate feeling miserable.

Morning fellers, store has asked for extra help this week so going in for a while. Apparently it gets busier turkey week. Overtime! :rotflmao: Yea right.

Not much planned after that.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 21 and hope to see the lower 30's today..  and hopefully some sunshine today.. none yesterday so temps didn't go up..  my sinus's have been plugged since last Friday and they seem to be getting better..  feel ok just not 100%..  oh well just keep plugging along...  have a good day all..    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 24 here and going to 39 today. Gots a little snow early this morning. Still some flurries coming down when we left the house. Ya, I hate feeling miserable too. hopefully the crud we had back over labor day weekend is it for the year. Made it thru deer season though feeling good. So that is a plus. I was supposed to drive my truck in today to have the dealership take care of the recall on the regen temp. But with the roads being crappy today. The truck can stay tucked away in the garage clean. I am not going to drive it thru a sloppy mess just for that. I have had it almost 3 years and it has not seen road salt yet. Hoping to keep it that way. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  I don't blame you one bit on the road salt issue JB.  I hate driving my truck in it and it's not near as nice as yours.  The ol Ford is for that duty.  We had a skiff of snow here too so yup my shovel the deck is on for today.  We are having our 16 cu.ft. upright freezer delivered today.  Not sure what time.  Curious to see if these warm days coming up open spots in the river.  Hope you all have your turkeys thawing in the frig.  Have a good one boys.