Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4964015 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 17* here & I'm hearin 43 will be the high.The downspouts were running pretty good yday ~ 2 when I was cleaning up some of maple leaves that have filled my side of the driveway. The side door was full too, so those went in our old recycling bins on Sunday & got hauled out to the city's compost site before lunch yday. Not much else here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1!!
« Last Edit: November 11/22/22, 01:14:24 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning again fellers........got 3 1/2 hours in. find out i was the only one to volunteer for the extra help they asked for!!!!! :shocked: feel kinda good enough to venture outside for a bit!!!!!

chili is on the menu for tonight!!!!!1  :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
A couple deer hides to put up later today after they thaw a bit. Second oldest coming over after work to put his Ranger in the garage next to my boat. Got wheels traded out on pick up this morning so it’s time for lunch and a nap. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I tested positive for covid Sunday evening. I guess it's a bit more than a common cold. Yesterday evening I started the Paxlovid treatment. Hear good things and some not so good but the stats show it is effective so.... I feel pretty good, I'd say about 90 percent.  Of course that means taking down all the fall/Halloween stuff and putting up the winter/Christmas stuff. Right now the weather looks so nice for the weekend that I'm planning a trip to the land. Maybe muzzleloader hunt and put deer stands to bed for the season. Who knows what else.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Evening comrades! 16 for a low, 22 at choretime, topped out in the upper 30's. Wife's surgery has been scheduled for tomorrow a.m. so getting ready for that. Puppy arrangements have been made and baked a pumpkin pie for Thursday. Hope you feel better deadeye. COVID sucked but it was nothing compared to the bouts of pneumonia or flu I've been thru. The fatigue was the worst thing about it.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I think we'll be burning another pile of brush today, then take the hide trailer to the carwash in town for a bath to wash out the salt, hair and blood. After that get a bird cooked for tomorrow and the dog gets a bath. That should be enough for today. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:

P.S. I certain there might be a nap in there too. :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  15 here and should get to near 42 today.  Need to go to town for supplies today.  The well guys are coming to do a final adjustment on our pump location today so will be nice to have that finished.  Started putting stuff in the new freezer yesterday.  It's a beauty.  Then just try to stay out of trouble for the rest of the day.  May be a nap in my future too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 20* here & we may hit 50* later. The forecast just says 47* though. I think :scratch: I finished up my leaf detail yday. :happy1: Got a couple more errands to run today but that's about it, so far. Have a good day.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
About Month ago I contracted RSV
I got it from my manager who got it from his grandson. I think Covid was a bit more intense but not as long lasting. I'm still getting over the RSV. Get well soon deadeye.
« Last Edit: November 11/23/22, 09:27:11 AM by roony »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck to you guys and take it easy. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 19 here and again going into the 30's..  a nice looking day for sure..  gots a few things to do today too, don't think there will be  a nap in there but one never knows!!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Welcome Kettle!!!   :happy1:

and Dotch that pie looks awesome!!!    :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/23/22, 07:56:18 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 15 here too and heading for 40 today. One more day in the salt mines and then a 4 day weekend. Plan to make a bunch of venny sausage this weekend. I will get started tonight grinding and mixing some so I can start smoming tomorrow. Well, have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.gocomics.com/wizardofid/2022/11/23

hope this doesn't happen with Dotch's pie!!!    :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I damn near brought a piece along to munch on in the waiting room! 🥧

Mornin' comrades! 22 at choretime heading for a high in the low 40's. Masked up at Mother Mayo's house in Albert's Leaf. Hotter than 🔥 in here. Glad I've opted not to grow my winter plumage just yet. Wife goes in for surgery prep in a few minutes. At least I located the food court.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to her Dotch!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope all goes smoothly Dotch and Mrs. Dotch. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, best wishes. She'll be chasing you around again soon.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I broke out the muzzleloader and after a little head scratching figured out how to disassemble it. Cleaned and loaded, it's now ready for Saturday. I don't know how much hunting I will get done being I have quite a bit of work to do at the land. Need to put a lot of stands to bed for the season so I will be doing some running around.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
afternoon Fellers........ damn that store was a zoo this morning. sheez.......and the calls for home delivery.........more this morning then the last 6 months combined.

of course it didnt help t he truck was supposed to be there bt 4 am......didnt show till almost 8.

to nice not to be outside........so see ya!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck to her Dotch!!!    :happy1:
same here Dotch. Hope the surgery goes well  :happy1: and before you know it you'll be needing to sharpen up those evasive maneuvers again!!👍🤣

I word of advice though... Stay at least far enough away from the reach of them crutches!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: November 11/23/22, 02:40:11 PM by glenn57 »

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely good luck to Mrs Dotch, here's to a full recovery and perhaps some extra speed to run you down!! Give her our best bud!!  :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 26 this morning and foggy!!!  looking for 34 today..  sure hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving!!!   I'll be over in Markn's area at the GF brothers place...  quiet day yesterday and real nice with the weather for sure..  even grilled some brats for lunch!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We are having the whole bunch over for dinner today. All 11 plus a couple more dogs....which will make the cat happy. ;) Going to make a quick hide run this morning before the festivities and then settle in for a couple of hours of grazing on good eats. Have a great day EVERYONE, later....... :happy1: :happy1:

Mike, honk on your when you drive by, I'll wave. :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 33 here & shootin for 44. Seen 52 on my way to HH yday & the grass is green again here. Sounds like there's some fog off to our west too, so we'll hit the road a little early. Sis is about 1/2 way between Austin & Albert Lea, so not too bad a drive. 'Bout it here, have a great day!!

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  33 here at the moment.  The 15#er just hit the smoker,  we'll be 8, 3 dogs and a kitty Kat also. Other than that it'll be a slow moving day, I can dig that. Wouldn't be tge same without watching Plains Trains and Automobiles this afternoon,  funny stuff. Happy Turkey day gents!! See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well da fog sure burned off nicely!!!   sunny out there!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 30 here and kind of hazy out.  We have a 12 lber we are going to throw in the oven.  I am revamping my sausage dressing recipe today.  Just the 2 of us and Cooper, Buddy, and Bob.  Will be watching football and just enjoying each others company.  Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Already texting with family. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers...........happy turkey day to all!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: safe travels iffin ya going somewhere. got a 10 lb turkey that needed to be used so thats hitting charcoal. its been melding since yesterday injected with butter and all kinds of seasonings. with be paired with squished taters, gravy and wild rice.......only time i get wild rice!!!!!! :surrender: :rotflmao:

there'll be 5 of of us. Me, Myself, and I, and 2 hounddogs!!!!!! :rotflmao: feel pretty cruddy so Sue said stay away!!!!!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 35 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 30's. Mrs . Cheviot came thru the surgery well, no after effects from the anesthesia. 8 screws, a plate and several staples later. Poppy is wound like a top so wearing me out keeping up with a patient & a puppy at the same time. Might be a good day to watch Whatver Happened to Baby Jane... :rotflmao: Need to make the holiday meal but going at my own pace. Turkey on the Weber, taters, gravy, stuffing, green beans,  rolls, black olives & sweet potatoes. I'll mail you some glenn! :happy1:
« Last Edit: November 11/24/22, 08:58:55 AM by Dotch »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: dont bother with the olives or sweet taters......it'll be less expensive on postage!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :happy1: