Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4902260 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Already mailed those... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Happy Thanksgiving!! 32 here and heading close to 40 today. We be making sausage today. We will have turkey on Saturday when kids are here. Glad surgery went well for the Misses Dotch!  Well, time to hit it. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well made it after all that eating yesterday!!   mornin all, 26 this morning..  should see 42 too..  got a few errands to run this morning in Alex..  no black friday deals for me..  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
on a side note my sinus's are getting better so I hope any of you out there are getting better too!!   and hope Glenn's and Dotch's wife keep healing too...    :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Great eats yesterday. Still don't feel like eating. Going to pack some things and head to deer camp after coffee, hope there's some snow left tomorrow. Got my football fix in for the week yesterday, I watched all of the Bills / Detroit game, 3/4 of the Dallas / Giants game and all of the Vikes game. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Yes it was a good day yesterday.  We were so full that we didn't even bake our Dutch Apple pie.  So it is in the oven now for breakfast.   :sleazy: We are headed to the Falls today to do some shopping.  May hit the new Tractor Supply to check it out too.  20 here and heading to about 40.  I see a big break in the ice here on the river now. It's a few feet wide.  Will have to see what it does with todays warm temps.  Well you all have a great day. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we have 23 presently & the experts ;) say we'll hit 50 later. It was pretty foggy from about St Ansgar north on our way up yday but we were early enough that most of the traffic was headed the other direction. It was a much easier drive home a little after 3. :cool: Got a few things to do to start & we'll go from there. Have a good day!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  28 and heading close to 50 today. Dang that Turkey turned out awesome on the pellet grill,  was so juicey will be doing that again.  Anywho the kid is working so we'll go chase roosters tomorrow so by the sounds of it I'll be putting up the Xmas stuff outside and momma is putting out all the inside stuff up, gotta be done I guess.  Best run....See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 25 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 40's. Bright sun. Poppy barked at it as it was climbing above the horizon. Later she barked at the geese passing overhead. Doesn't take much to set her off. Good turkey day except I forgot to make the green beans. Didn't miss them. Can add them in as we whittle our way thru the leftovers. The Mrs. isn't sleeping well. She has the TV on constantly & thats part of the problem. I need to come up for air. Making a run to Owatonna after a bit.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........got 3 hours in at he store today.........good thing i had the meat dept guys hide 6 turkey legs for me. i'll get them later...........there gonna hit the smomer soon. did a batch of venny jerky yesterday round #2 today!!!!!!

shadow goes in for his rabies shot this afternoon too!!!!!!!! pretty nice out so i'll spend some time outside as well.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I got to town, and cars everywhere.. figured as much..  stopped at the 1st grocery store and it was nuts!!   Huge bake sale so the bakers were loading up and they also had pork butts for .99!!!!  awesome price....   went over to some place safe to drop off a few things for them to sell, not busy there...  over to the car wash and got the truck cleaned up for the next snow fall!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  then over to Aldi's and finished up, not to bad there either for folks!!!  BUT!!!   Target, Big M, FF, Wally world and others you couldn't park!!!   even stopped at the Harley shop, very quiet there too...  oh well a good run any way!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
you wouldnt catch me in st cloud or anywhere else shopping for the day. i need to hit teals and the vet clinic thats it!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dats why i did it like I did...  wasn't going to any store other than grocery's...   :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was pretty tame in the Falls.  Tractor supply was pretty cool.  Got some pet supplies there.  I asked a guy working there if they had kitchen stuff and he said no.  We both laughed about that.  All stocked up and everything put away so gonna sit a bit now.

Lots of cracks in the river now.  About halfway to the Falls it is wide open water from there and east.
« Last Edit: November 11/25/22, 02:32:18 PM by LPS »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure was a short winter.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOLOL  I kept saying the same thing Roons.  Water running everywhere. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 36 this morning and again could see 43 today..   going to fire up the grill again today, burgers and brats!!  and also put up my few outside lights..  maybe even drag in the Christmas tree..  go it while it's still nice out..  the forecast is saying winter is going to call next tuesday I guess..  have a good day all..    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 34 here & headed towards 54. Lookin like the wind will go back to the north late tonight & tomorrows high is in the low 40's. Got my errands done yday & not sure what in the works for today yet. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 32 here.  Was 36 at 10 when I went to bed last night.  The river is now looking like water got on top of the ice.  It is dark gray like in the spring when it opens up.  Won't be testing it for awhile now.  I wonder what the lake it like up at JB's? We are going to putz around here today.  Gophers at 2:30 so that will put the end to any projects thankfully.  LOL  Well have a good one.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers............ think i'm starting to beat this crud thing!!!!!!!!! :doah: got a few things to do but nuttin real pressing.

yep watch the gophers but think i'll be tuning in the Ohio St/ Michigan game also. that looks like it could be a barn burner!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 37 here and supposed to be around 40. The lake has some shore ice then about a mile wide gap of open water then ice from there as far as I can see. I think is it got really windy it would probably bust it up. The kid and his wife came up yesterday afternoon so today we will have our turkey day. We will work on sausage today too. Breakfast and snack sticks will be the project for today. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 37 at choretime heading for a high in the low 50's. Topped out at 46 yesterday so not quite as warm as predicted. Still lost most of our snow. Made my Owatonna trip yesterday. What a zoo! Got behind some idiot lady at Walgreens pharmacy who was lost in space, taking 15 minutes of standing there listening to her bitch at the pharmacist. Same crap at HyVee where some ding dong lady had $300 of groceries ahead of me and a dozen coupons. Only two manned checkouts open but several self checkouts. Was tempting but I've had issues with those everywhere I go seems like. Go to FF and same there. They've gone to self checkouts with only a couple with cashiers and people were lined up about halfway across the store. Finally they opened up another manned checkout and I was able to slide thru there quickly. Today, staying away from stores and playing with my tractor, loading up fall decorations and plopping a bale in the yearling lot. Much better.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Fitty tree here this afternoon... :coffee:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I refuse to use those self checkouts too.  If they want to pay me to do it I would consider it. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I refuse to use those self checkouts too.  If they want to pay me to do it I would consider it.
same here. I'm all about human labor. I don't see stores giving discounts if you use self checkout!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I also think you are setting yourself up for trouble if you do it wrong and try to walk out of the store. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
C'mon guys. If those jobs (checkouts) go away how will some kids ever repay those college loans. Cripes, it's not like the government would grab your tax dollars and pay them off.

Roll your heeping full carts into the checkout lines and just walk out. They can get a robot to empty the cart and put the stuff on the shelf.
« Last Edit: November 11/26/22, 03:54:59 PM by dutchboy »
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I rarely have more than a few things so I use 'em all the time, way faster. Even WM in GR hardly ever has more than 4 regular checkouts & there's usually at least 3-4 people in line with most of those having carts that are at least 3/4 full. :rolleyes: Had more than 1 smaller business tell us they had to go to 'em as they can't hire enough people to do it as well.
« Last Edit: November 11/27/22, 07:43:17 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon guys. If those jobs (checkouts) go away how will some kids ever repay those college loans. Cripes, it's not like the government would grab your tax dollars and pay them off.

Roll your heeping full carts into the checkout lines and just walk out. They can get a robot to empty the cart and put the stuff on the shelf.

:doofus: :thumbs: :doofus: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’m with Gunner. Usually much quicker and if you pay attention to the screen, follow instructions, it's trouble free.