Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4900513 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades!

The snow tires are essential on the car. Let's see, put wide tires on a light, small car. What could possibly go wrong in the winter?  :scratch:

This immediately came to mind.  After all, it is the PEOPLE's Vagon. ;) 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That reminds me of my high school buddy who had one of those old dull red 60-something Saab's. Must've been the only color they came in because I never saw any of that vintage that weren't dull red. It was ugly but a good winter car with an especially redeeming quality. The parking brake only locked one rear wheel. When you'd fly across an ice covered parking lot and pull the parking brake lever: instant cookies!  :happy1: 
« Last Edit: December 12/05/22, 09:29:05 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
we did that with a buddies VW too!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers...........got done early. think i'll spend some time in the garage today. time to get my ice fishing/chucking stuff organized. make sure heaters work, auger starts, check fishing lines......wirk on firing up the snowblower to.......but like LPS suggests........no need to get it all done today!!!!!!! :evil: :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Got done early????? Ya mean yu quit!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: yea,,,,,,,,i just couldnt take it no more........i didnt have a heated isle or a recliner rocker to work from!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: yea,,,,,,,,i just couldnt take it no more........i didnt have a heated isle or a recliner rocker to work from!!!!!!!!!!! :confused: :doah: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:
Heated isle?  I always had you pegged for spotting cougars in frozen foods.   :azn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
1st he has to get out of the female hygiene isle I was told!!!   

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No grouse were harmed during my hunt yesterday. Did see a lot of tracks but only heard a few fly. Jumped a bunch of deer while stomping around in the woods. Great time even though I didn't fire a shot. 

It's always fun to stand in a swamp and look back at the woods. Normally it's the other way.
This is a view of our "360" enclosed stand.

This food plot looks a little bare in the winter. Most forage has been removed by the deer
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -8 this morning heading for a high of 8 today. I seen it made it to -16 overnight. Dat should be thickening some ice.  :happy1: Going to warm up for the weekend. That should make the ice pop. I see Mr Brady and the bucs pulled it off last night after I went to bed. Thought for sure the Saints had it. I should know better than to ever count Brady out before the game is over. Well, just another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 11 out there and might see 23 today...   saying some snow over night into tomorrow..  bring it on!!   not sure what I have going on today but it doesn't matter any way cause I still have time to get it done later!!   have a good day!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is -3 here now.  It was -9 at 6.  Looking forward to those 30's this weekend.  Maybe I will even drill some test holes.  I watched that game for awhile too but gave up early.  He doesn't like to lose.  Not a lot going on here today and that is fine with me.  I do have to go get oats for the horses.   Well have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 23 here & we're on our way to 36. Some snow for Thursday pm and/or Friday am in our forcast too. :scratch: Kind of looks like we might need the blower this time as I'm hearin 5-8". I heard the roads were good by mid-morning yday. A few in the ditch early on The Avenue this side of Mason City though. The garbage can needs to go out to the curb but after that............ :scratch: No more now, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......well all is well in shadow land this morning!!!!!!!! gonna fire up the snowblower to make sure and guess who's staying in the house!!! :rotflmao: check the lines on my winter rods and i'll be set!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's scouting drive didn't produce anything except one hen pheasant. No deer. Would just to see where they are. Oh well. Definitly going to get the trailer cleaned off today, might have to haul the SxS to Osakis and put it in BIL's coop. That'll give me some more wiggle room in the garage. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 11 for the low at choretime, heading for a high around 30. Lots of odds & ends today including finishing an article, picking up around the house, & getting mentally prepared to haul chit. Company expected this a.m. so showering & cleaning myself up needs to happen as well. Best get at it. We're burnin' daylight.. :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 11 for the low at choretime, heading for a high around 30. Lots of odds & ends today including finishing an article, picking up around the house, & getting mentally prepared to haul chit. Company expected this a.m. so showering & cleaning myself up needs to happen as well. Best get at it. We're burnin' daylight.. :coffee:
I didn't realize you call the gin delivery truck driver company?? :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some 'baccy to smoke in the break room?  :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so I went to Alex this morning to have my truck bed topper repaired..   the cord to pull the slides out was broke...  truck was clean when I left...  got behind a truck pre treating the roads..  went from clean to salty colored...    oh well......

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't you have some 'baccy to smoke in the break room?  :scratch:
nope.......... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Finished salting the last 60 hides that were thawing out in a heated garage. We are now officially done for the season. Just under 1100 hides which is in line with the 11% decline in harvest levels according to the DNR.  Glad that's done for the year. Well, at least close. We still need to have them picked up by the hide buyer.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s better than us. We’re down 17% this year on hides. Got one project done so far. Bought a beef strip loin for $6.99 a pound yesterday, now it’s 19 steaks for $100.81. Our USDA inspector was on site too. He looks a lot like a springer spaniel.  :happy1: :happy1:
« Last Edit: December 12/06/22, 02:14:26 PM by markn »
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I like buying loins and doing that.  Good looking inspector you have there.  What's his name?  I would faint if they were ever $6.99 lb here. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: thought that Mikey guy would be lurking when you said meat inspector!!😂😂

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn I'm retired from that gig!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

good score Mark, where did ya find that???   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice Mark! Looks like the super bowl party is at your house! Afternoon peoples 31 and feeling pretty decent outside.  Speaking of inspectors,  the city stopped by today to inspect our new furnace and dang she was a cutie! Even knew what she was talking about to boot. Ok where was I... oh yeah , wait, nope that's all I got...See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice Mark! Looks like the super bowl party is at your house! Afternoon peoples 31 and feeling pretty decent outside.  Speaking of inspectors,  the city stopped by today to inspect our new furnace and dang she was a cutie! Even knew what she was talking about to boot. Ok where was I... oh yeah , wait, nope that's all I got...See ya!!!
was her name Wren!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and was your wife home!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
was her name Wren!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and was your wife home!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nope and nope,  she was cool, but I'd never .... can think it but nope . Wonder what else needs inspecting around here.. ;)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 9 here and we have at least 2 more inches of snow..  might go up 3 degrees too..  need a couple groceries to today..   so a run to Alex today maybe..    have a good day all... 

It's Pearl Harbor Day today too...    :ustroops: :USA:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Had -19 at home and seen -27 a couple miles down the road from home. Supposed to get to zero or 1 above today. Making some ice it is for sure. We maybe got an inch of snow yesterday evening. Can't say I did much last night other than clean off the sidewalks. Just another day in the salt mines here. Have a good one boys.
« Last Edit: December 12/07/22, 06:55:08 AM by Jerkbiat »
Hey look your bobber is up!