Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4901034 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin HD.  We got more like 4" after I plowed the feedlot and the driveway.  2 fresh round bales out for the horses so that will last awhile.  Now I may finally work on getting the ice fishing stuff ready. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Went for a ride down on the river to see what is going on.  Houses are out so got mine ready and drug it through all of the snow and got stuck before I even got to the river.  Have three atv rigs and I used the only one without a winch.  DUH   So the wife thinks it is funny as heck that Cooper and I came walking back up to the house.  lol  SO now she is going to help me winch it out tomorrow before the game. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good move there LPS!!!  too funny!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, your the only mod that even bothered to try and give an explanation, and for that thanks.

Can always count on Dotch!  :happy1: The old mods never show up anymore and the 2 newer ones don't seem to care..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Went for a ride down on the river to see what is going on.  Houses are out so got mine ready and drug it through all of the snow and got stuck before I even got to the river.  Have three atv rigs and I used the only one without a winch.  DUH   So the wife thinks it is funny as heck that Cooper and I came walking back up to the house.  lol  SO now she is going to help me winch it out tomorrow before the game.
SOOO.... is Amazon sending you a winch tomorrow!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No but the UPS guy was here today.  Stuff for the wife though.   :sleazy:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for around 32 again today. We got a healthy 3 cord load of wood cut, hauled and unloaded yesterday. Get to do the same today. This time we won't need to unload it. We will just unload and fill the woodshed as we need it. About all that's on the list today. Good luck getting your rig unstuck LPS! Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 out there and a quiet looking day today, but Tuesday will be something else the way it sounds..  got a few things done yesterday and might even do some more today...   have a good day all...   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 31 here & shootin for 33. We had a steady light mist to even a light rain for most of the day yday, luckily it stayed warm enough not to freeze. :happy1: Ia DOT says all our roads are good. Got a short list for early today, so I'll be done in plenty of time for kickoff. 'Bout it here, have a good day!!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Fueling up with coffee now and then scrambled eggs with onions and sausage and cheese.  The wife needs her energy to hold the winch switch for me.  lol  It was 29 when I let the dogs out around 2:30 and is 30 now.  No wind yet.  Nice morning. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck getting unstuck lps, mornin peoples 30 here and gloomy. The kids and there hounds are coming over for tge game again,  kinda been tge Sunday thing lately,  doing 8 # of wings this time, they are tasty. Not much else going...see ya!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......good luck LPS!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

no roosters for the game today Boober?????

i got nuttin going today........work on a food list before Frankies big storm hits!!!!!!!  :confused: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:snow chucker fired right up so bring it on..........weather terrorosts already got a winter weather thingy out...... :doofus:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 28 at choretime heading for a high around 30. Got a lot done yesterday in the barn towards making room for more stuff. Also plucked the chit spreader out of the lot, shoveled the snow out of it, & got the snow blower ready to go which should help keep it from snowing. Better get back at it. Want to finish up in the barn. Plus I have a dog & a wife to wait on. No rest for the wicked.  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: Dotch sure has alot of fun!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, no roosters.  Even busted through the thickest narlyiest stuff and seen nuttin.  The pooch and I are paying the price today. Lol.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Spent yesterday chasing grouse with two friends and a 12-year-old on his first grouse hunt. I would like to say we slayed them but although we harassed quite a few and flushed 12, sad to say no birds were harmed during the hunt. Great day in the woods just the same. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 28 here and heading for 33. Got our 2nd load of wood cut yesterday. That is 6 cord for the weekend. That will last us 5-6 weeks. I also got the Garage rearranged to get the winter toys out and tuck away the summer toys. Planning to pull the fish house out this saturday. Well, just another fine day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 29 here & we're headed towards 35. No light mist or freezing fog today for a change, just a cool, damp, breezy day. Look out tomorrow though, rain, freezing rain, & a lot of wind forecasted. A few things to do today, nothin real important. Hopin your Monday's a good 1.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 27 here and might get to 30..  same forecast here.  not bad today but wait for tomorrow..  got a few things to do today just easy stuff!!!   have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  30 here right now.  Windy too.  Our wood pile is going down fast so backing off some now.  Don't need it too warm out there.  Will go fishing after my nap this afternoon.  Will be nice to be in the fish house again. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: So..................you got it unstuck  ;) :rolleyes: :smiley: & out on the ice?  :cool:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to winch it about 75' since the snow was so deep in the woods along the river.  It actually went real good.  With the wife helping it is always more fun too.   I have it all set up on the river.  Just need to drill holes and start fishing.  On the river the snow isn't very deep so was smooth sailing there. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: How much ice do you like to have on the river to put it out there?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Should have a large truck here soon to pick up 650 deer hides and 470 tails. Be nice to have them gone. Looks like I might have to put the plow back on the truck today too.  Pretty crappy drive yesterday morning from GR to Walker. A lot of icy spots where the woods is closer to the road. Which is almost the entire way. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, we scheduled pickup for Wednesday. I hope the weather doesn't cause a delay as we would also like to get things cleaned up and put away at the farm. We have quite a bit of salt left over as the delivered way more than we ask for. I assume because it's in 40lb plastic bags it should be fine to keep for next year.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How much ice do you like to have on the river to put it out there?

I like 8" for my 10' wheel house.  It was 10" exactly so I feel good about that.  With the snow coming I suppose it will flood the area once I make holes.  I blocked it up good so will be alright waiting for it to refreeze. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for a high in the low 30's. Brisk wind out of the SE gusting to 25 mph. Did chores, fed Poppy, helped the wife get to the bathroom, made breakfast, then helped her with her walking boot. She's showing signs of wanting to become more independent. She was able to take the boot off & put itback on without a lot of help from me this time. Hope it gets to the point where she can make it to & from the bathroom on her own. Need to get everything ready for barn cleaning this forenoon. Making a run to Owatonna to drop off the electric bill & grab some JB chain lube. Use on the spreader & blower roller chains. Don't know if it works but love the smell!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
aw so yer a sniffer!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Glenn told me to say that!!!!   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
aw so yer a sniffer!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   Glenn told me to say that!!!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :banghead: training-087 DID NOT!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

afternoon  fellers.....busy day.......worked the store, went to store and got goodies in the event of a snowmaggedeon!!!!!! :surrender: :crazy: :blablabla: :blablabla: :blablabla: then had to help momma  :sleazy: :smoking: in the shower!!!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:

laid back mode now!!!!!!!! pork steaks browned then tossed in cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup/aka gravy is on the radar fer supper. with tater sof course!!!!1

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure when they upgraded the weatehr but we are in a winter weather warning noe till 6 am wed................ :pouty: bring it!!!!!!!!1 :sleazy: