Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4904440 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
by the way winter starts today;

Next Solstice:   Dec 21, 2022 3:48 pm (Winter)

gee I couldn't tell by the snow!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
by the way winter starts today;

Next Solstice:   Dec 21, 2022 3:48 pm (Winter)

gee I couldn't tell by the snow!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
well......arent you just a boatload of useful information!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: :doofus: :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
why thank you kind sir!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey that's right.  Shortest day of the year.   :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey that's right.  Shortest day of the year.   :happy1:
:pouty: :pouty: there's still 24 hours in the day!! Just it's the least amount of daylight hours today. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

But hey, it's only getting better already after today!!👍

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not really looking forward to picking up my granddaughter at the airport this evening. So far, the flight is on time, but things could change real fast. 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not really looking forward to picking up my granddaughter at the airport this evening. So far, the flight is on time, but things could change real fast. 

Hope she gets in before all the cancellations start backing up the whole system.

My daughter and her boyfriend just left Denver driving here.  It looks to be a white knuckle drive most of the way.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/22, 01:17:07 PM by Steve-o »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Hope she gets in before all the cancellations start backing up the whole system.

My daughter and her boyfriend just left Denver driving here.  It looks to be a white knuckle drive most of the way.

safe travels to all!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely safe travels DE and Steve-os group. God I hate that I80, hopefully they'll cut off and grab a four lane running NE.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The cell phone lot on post road works pretty good for picking people up after they land, not to mention flight radar the app, can track em in flight.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: so speaking only to what I can see from my little world here in Cold Spring, this so called winter weather warning is pretty pathetic.  :confused: another holler wolf again??

Like I said, I have no idea what's happening out in the country but it was a simple 4-6 inch, maybe snow event here . No wind nuttin. Been out in it 3 times today.

Guess we have to wait to see what the next weather "alert" forecast calls for!!😒

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think it's more about the temps and then the more wind tomorrow and on...  3 inches plus here so far... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well to have today been called a winter weather warning is a bit exaggerated if ya ask me!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh I hear ya. Seems the safety issue has taken hold on community's and companies.  Ours, they grounded all our rigs tomorrow.  Been there 31 yrs and the last 2 yrs has seen the most non working days cuz of winter weather...Wussies.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Its an unprecise science. I wonder whod be the first person to point a finger if it got really bad and they hadn't called it. That being said it hasn't done diddly here yet either.
Merry Christmas
« Last Edit: December 12/21/22, 05:11:27 PM by roony »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya all and don't disagree.. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Its an unprecise science. I wonder whod be the first person to point a finger if it got really bad and they hadn't called it. That being said it hasn't done diddly here yet either.
Merry Christmas
it wouldn't be me. Tell me when was the last time the weather was actually as bad as they said it get?? Cause I don't recall!!

Happy holidays to you to Roony!!! Your a good dude!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Snowing pretty good here since ~ 5 & not going to let up 'til 5 or 6 in the morning, the way it looks. Not much wind yet either, but that 'sposed to change by 2 or so. Sustained NW winds of 20-30 all day tomorrow, with gusts to 40. Winds increasing to 25-35 tomorrow night with gusts to 40-50 through the day Saturday.  :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got about 5 inches here so far. Daughter that lives in Monticello said she has about 8 on her deck....

I was going to plow tonight, but at this point, I'm going to wait till tomorrow. I got a heater on the tractor, so hopefully it will fire up in the morning.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I'd say well over 4 inches now and I'm not sure with the wind the next 2 days how I'm going go about cleaning up..   got all I need to hold off for a couple days for sure..    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Schools around here started closing tomorrow by 5 AM this morning & almost all were sending the kids home by 2 today. They've been saying for a day or 2 that it's not about the snow totals here but more about the wind making travel pretty much impossible until sometime Saturday, maybe.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/22, 07:10:18 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I spose you guys are heading to just north of the border for the holidays Gunner,  if so drive with care..

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
The problem here isn't going to be with the snow falling this afternoon & tonite, it's going to be the wind grabbing that & the 8+" of fluff already on the ground. Got the screening wagon backed in, bedded the ewes & the blower's attached. Sounds like tomorrow nite & Friday have the potential to be ugly. I'm as ready as I'll get. May need a gin run Saturday tho. Darn tanker is held up somewhere... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I spose you guys are heading to just north of the border for the holidays Gunner,  if so drive with care..

2nd that!!   :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
X4
My first Christmas with Merrilee was 39 years ago. I think it snowed about an inch before the wind came up
You couldn't see my yardlight and that is less than 100 ft. from the house. That was the night of the 23rd. On Christmas Eve we watched the Yogi Bear Christmas special, had a few, and did what young couples do best. Great memory.
We rejoined civilization on Christmas Day.
« Last Edit: December 12/21/22, 07:52:56 PM by roony »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -13 and only might get to -9 today...  yikes!!!  not much on the agenda today again and maybe the same tomorrow the way things are shaping up..  saying up to 50mph winds yet...  I guess the snow can do what it wants as I'm in no rush to get outside and clean up..  so much fun!!!   stay warm!!!    :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -10 here and heading for -4 for a high. We are getting light snow again this morning. Seems like we get a couple of inches every other day. Starting to add up. We are supposed to get windy too, but not like the folks to the west of us are. You guys south of us are supposed to get the brunt of it. We are having a potluck for lunch at work today. I made sweet and sour venison. Tastes pretty good too. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, -8 with -33 WC & that'll be the high too. Wind is NW at 21 presently & will increase to ~ 25 by tonight. 'Sposed to have my yearly checkup this morning at 9:30 but a bunch of the workers live in the country or in another town so I'll be calling ~ 8 to see if they're even open. 'Bout it here, stay safe & warm.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys, but we won't go if the roads are too bad. :crazy: :tut: Probably talk to Sis today sometime & sound her out. Some alternate plans may be needed.